JMcD: I've never been a part of a losing season in my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
    This is sort of like asking what a child's legacy will be the day before it's born.

"In 76 years, when this kid moves into the next realm, what do you think will be the culmination of his life's work?"
    I agree with this. It made me laugh.
    sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by snake pliscan View Post
      We could do a lot better if Coach Mc could check his ego. Calling Moreno out for missing camp while our org waits to see what other RBs are signing for is a joke. Knowshon is the real deal. I'm no longer in CO and live in Athens Ga now. Have watched him closely for the past couple of years. Pay him what he's worth and get him in camp, period. With all of the questions surronding Kyle, the O needs all the help we can get. Disappointing to watch our once proud franchise wallow through the mire of a rookie head coach trying to prove himself in all the wrong ways. I know that part of signing Knowshon lies with the execs, but for McDaniels to call him out while they play the waiting game seems juvenile but consistent with what the coach has displayed so far. If he had one half the class that Shanahan had we'd be in a much better position right now.
      Go Broncos!
      Would you mind providing us with a link to your source material for this claim please? I've been following the news on the Broncos each day, and McDaniels has NEVER blamed Moreno or Ayers for "holding out". They CAN'T come to camp without contracts. And thank Michael Crabtree in San Fransisco for holding up the first rounders getting signed in a timely manner. McDaniels has nothing to do with it.
      sigpic

Comment

• It's just way too soon to say, really. I'm not happy about how Cutler was basically shown the door, nor am I pleased with how we addressed our defensive needs in the offseason (there basically was no addressing of our defense, IMO).

But I like the Moreno pick and I like how he's handled the Marshall situation.

Really, I'm just hoping for the best. I think it's 50/50 whether or not he'll be successful. I'll know more after I've seen him coach a few games.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
          I've been meaning to ask for like a year -- is that Judge Reinhold in your avatar??
          Close enough. Andrew McCarthy.

"Who's the stiff?", you ask?

That's Terry Kiser. AKA Bernie Lomax.

Last edited by Lomax; 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• The bottom line is, the haters were DEAD WRONG about McD, period.

Considering all the stomping of feet and pouting they did about how he has remodeled this team, it must be embarassing for them.

It is clear McD is running a much more effective, spirited TC than anything Broncoland has seen in over a decade, and that is going to pay dividends on Sundays.

It will be quite humorous to see all the backstroking going on around here as the haters crawl back with their proverbial tails tucked between their tails.

That means YOU, Cugel, Wolverine and Mojo...to name but a few.

Comment

• Time will prove the very second he ran Cutler out of town was his downfall.

Cutler in time will be one of the all time greats, while McJosh will fall into obcsurity!

Within 5 years Culter will be thethe monster of the league and McJOsh will be an outcast!

Comment

• Originally posted by CUTLERNESS View Post
                Time will prove the very second he ran Cutler out of town was his downfall.

Cutler in time will be one of the all time greats, while McJosh will fall into obcsurity!

Within 5 years Culter will be thethe monster of the league and McJOsh will be an outcast!
                That's funny

You should make it Nostradamus-style
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
                  This team had been 24-24 over the last three years and hasn't made the playoffs since 2005.

Last year, they had the 29th ranked defense.

The Broncos were hardly a 'playoff ready' team.

The were a one-dimensional, pass happy offensive team, and those teams don't win in the long run.
                  So... if he had fixed the defense, and let the offense be, wouldn't that put them at play off ready? Look, the Broncos would have been in the playoffs if their defense didn't allow 52 points in the last game. Simple.

The Broncos had grown stale and soft, and widespread changes had to be made.
                  Not really. When Dungy went to Indy, he had a good O there already, but a horrible defense, he didnt go and trade Peyton Manning did he? When Harbough got hired to the Ravens, he had a below average offense but a elite defense. He didnt go and trade Ed Reed or Ray Lewis did he? You dont change what's working and what's not broke.

McDaniels is a brilliant young coach that is wise beyond his years, and if future Hall of Fame vets like Champ and BDawk have bought in to what he is selling, that's good enough for me.
                  How do you know they've bought in? Because of their quotes? Hell, look at the Lions. Every year they used to come into training camp like "I believe in the coaching this year, I think this is the year we turn it around. No player is going to go out to the media and say "The coach has made some stupid decisions that I dont believe in."

Do you think Dawk would have joined the Broncos if he knew the team would be changed so drastically? He thought "Hey, they already have an elite offense, so if I join, I will improve the defense and we can make the SB hopefully." He didn't join for a rebuilding effort.

I wouldn't worry about his tenure. He's going to be in Denver for a long, long time.
                  We'll see.

Comment

The bottom line is, the haters were DEAD WRONG about McD, period.

Considering all the stomping of feet and pouting they did about how he has remodeled this team, it must be embarassing for them.
                    Yeah....

It is clear McD is running a much more effective, spirited TC than anything Broncoland has seen in over a decade, and that is going to pay dividends on Sundays.
                    Training camp has been going on for what? 1 day, and you're already saying this? Wow!

It will be quite humorous to see all the backstroking going on around here as the haters crawl back with their proverbial tails tucked between their tails.

By week 4, you'll be crying for McD to be fired.

Comment

While I respect and agree with a lot of your opinions I can't help but think you are wrong regarding this subject. That being said, nobody has a crystal ball and our record at the end of the year will tell the tale.

I don't care what spin is put on the subject- getting rid of Cutler was a downgrade and setback to the QB position- especially when you consider what we did with some of the draft picks we recieved.

Last years offense was a runningback away from being great- you could sense the offensive side of the ball was close to being something special. The defense was another story and the DLine did not recieve the proper attention it required (Most notably a true NT especially considering the amount of time it takes to develop and our lack of depth).

Unless our sixth round QB is being groomed for the starting job we are well behind in having a Franchise QB capable of winning it all.

I am a native of Colorado and a true Broncos fan but I do not believe this is the way McD envisioned his NFL coaching debut. We can debate certain aspects of the team improving but the most important position which was held by a young and upcoming probowl reciever is now held by Chicagos Kyle Orton. Add in the Marshall situation (did I mention he was a probowler too?) and this is nobodys ideal rookie coaching scenario....

Comment

strong words. and embarrasing for the haters? considering he hasn't coached a single game yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          That's funny

You should make it Nostradamus-style
                          LIKE THIS?

When the sign is in aries, a strong stallion in 6 shall be cast from the herd

Under the cloak of wild ether (kettle one vodka) the young stallion will be recast a bear. again in 6

5 winters comes the 6 again and the beast shall rise and crush his former demon.

Comment

• Originally posted by tedstephens1 View Post
                            Just read an interesting post at www.thedenverdonkey.com w/ predictions for the McDaniels Era and it got me thinking--what does everyone think? It's hard to imagine a long stretch of prosperity after such a rocky start and w/ the schedule looking so brutal this first year. Can't wait to see how it plays out!
                            The schedule the schedule the schedule. I for one enjoy this schedule. Think about it for a second. Its tough on paper and we are playing some top teams. So if we somehow happen to win our division or do better then most of us think we would have played a lot of teams that's headed for post season. I'd rather play the tough teams and earn a playoff spot rather than play soft teams all year. It brings out the best in the players going against good teams all year. Plus it gives us a real look at just who is McDaniels "The Coach." I've heard enough on this schedule I want to play the best every week and leave it on the field. Cause Like Ric Flair to be the man you have to beat the man. In the NFL its no different. To be the best you have to beat the best so let's all get behind our team and see what happens. One way or another I'm sure we'll be ready. I'm pumped to see our new image and character/body language on the field.
                            :go:

Comment

Working...
                            X