Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when did 9-7 or 10-6 become acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when did 9-7 or 10-6 become acceptable?

I am curious to know why most poeple on here seem to be okay with a slightly better than average season? Does anyone remember when 12-4 or 13-3 was expected? I don't know about you, but 9-7 or 10-6 to me doesn't seem in line with where the Bronco organization should be... especially since the Broncos are trying to get back to the Super Bowl!

Thanks.

it's because it'd be a big deal if we actually had a 10-6 season as of late...

we can't go 12-4 by blowing the end of seasons and sucking.

thanks.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mstrmnd Forever View Post
      I am curious to know why most poeple on here seem to be okay with a slightly better than average season? Does anyone remember when 12-4 or 13-3 was expected? I don't know about you, but 9-7 or 10-6 to me doesn't seem in line with where the Bronco organization should be... especially since the Broncos are trying to get back to the Super Bowl!

Thanks.
      Considering where we finished last year, and all that has happened to our organization over the off season, a 9-7 or 10-6 record would be extremely successful for us. It's a step towards becoming a legitimate contender year in and year out, so most fans should be more than satisfied if we win 9 or 10 games next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mstrmnd Forever View Post

Thanks.

Since Mike Shanahan made it a habit of going 8-8 beginning three years ago.

You have to walk before you can run, and the Broncos had alot to repair before they could once again be serious contenders.

But I have absolute faith in McD that it will happen in short order.

He came in with an outsiders unbiased eye, got rid of alot of the deadweight on our roster, and made obvious improvements that were needed, ie addressing the dreadful special teams.

He changed and updated the scheme of the defense to an attacking style
        3-4, which I thought was a wise move, especially in getting Mike Nolan to agree to come coach it.

He drafted Moreno to insure the Broncos could become a much better running team than they had been in order to help the defense by employing better ball control, and hopefully, improved field position.

He has moved to make the Broncos a much bigger, more physical team, which is a pleasant change from the finese identity we have had for several years, which is the primary reason the Broncos got spanked so often by the Chargers and others in recent seasons.

The Broncos are going to have some growing pains, but they are on the right track.
        Last edited by MindField; 07-29-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

after a 7-9 season and a 8 -8 season, 10-6 sounds pretty damn good to me. When Shanny fired Coyer, and let our D slowly slip away, our expectations had to lower to fit the teams slip in production
          Josh McD support since 2009
          Broncos fan since 1979

Comment

When did 9-7 become acceptable?

About the time we went 8-8 and let a three game division lead slip away with three weeks left to play.

Comment

Well, 9-7 is a winning record. In a sport that's all about winning, you have to start somewhere.
              sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

In the AFC West, 10-6 will likely take the division...of it not, a good chance at a Wild Card.

A 2 game improvement with all of the changes that has happened on this team...that would be outstanding to me.

2 games better than medicority. I could deal with that.

Then maybe the following year I can expect 11-5 or 12-4.

But 9-7 or 10-6 comes first. If we overacheive, even better.
                sigpic
                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

Comment

Raising expectations!

I thought I would be albe to get some people going on this topic. My feeling on it is this, if we are content with having average seasons, then that is all it will be. Let us all raise the expectations a little. Let us all get back to expecting 12-4 and 13-3 type seasons... what do you all say?!

Thanks.

Comment

Your expectations are unfairly high. I understand having the mindset that you don't accept less than your standards when it comes to your team, but expecting 12-4+? You can't realistically expect such a good record from a team that's changed so much unless you're speaking with your orange and blue glasses. It's been done in the past with teams like Miami but not many predicted it would happen, it was the team coming out of nowhere, with the wildcat, mind you, but still. lol There's a line between idealism and realism, and even 10-6 would be ideal for a team gone through such changes. You don't think Chiefs fans are expecting 12-4, right?
                    Congratulations...

@ Week 11: Chargers took it.

Comment

I think considering the circumstances (schedule, coaching changes, player changes) 9-7 or 10-6 this year would be very acceptable.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                        In the AFC West, 10-6 will likely take the division...of it not, a good chance at a Wild Card.

A 2 game improvement with all of the changes that has happened on this team...that would be outstanding to me.

2 games better than medicority. I could deal with that.

Then maybe the following year I can expect 11-5 or 12-4.

But 9-7 or 10-6 comes first. If we overacheive, even better.
                        Agreed

I think it comes down to the drama that we've dealt with and the new coaching staff. I will be happy with a winning record

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Originally posted by jaggernaut View Post
                          after a 7-9 season and a 8 -8 season, 10-6 sounds pretty damn good to me. When Shanny fired Coyer, and let our D slowly slip away, our expectations had to lower to fit the teams slip in production
                          Rome wasn't built in a day.

10-6 is just fine if it wins the division.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I also agree that ten wins wins the division this year.

Comment

Shanny had 2 losing seasons in 14 years
                              Josh might struggle to win four this year
                              Quit your *****ing
                              sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
                              30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

Working...
                              X