Okay....on to the Jags....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay....on to the Jags....

Well, week one is over and we had a solid but not perfect first game. On to the Jags! How do we match up against the Jags?
    Last edited by DRBronco; 09-13-2004, 11:48 AM.

I think we are going to have a pretty good game on our hands Leftwich, is a pretty big guy now, if you know what I mean. He won't be escaping to much.
    Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

This could be a tough matchup.The Jags are greatly improved and Leftwich has gotten some experience.Leftwich looks like he could be a great one some day.Though i dont think we (and by we i mean The Champ and Kelly) will have to much troubly shutting there WRs down.

Comment

I agree, time to start thinking about the Jags.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

The team is going to be riding high after this win but we cannot think the Jag's will be a pushover. Most have picked this game as one of our losses.

Let's hope not!

GO BRONCOS!!
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The Jags have a pretty decent defense, they aren't slouches by any means. I'd say this could be about as close as when the Jags played the Bills yesterday.
            This space for rent

Comment

We will prove everybody wrong like we did yesterday, like Salisbury. I mean give us credit where credit is do. Our D was solid last night. Trent Green was pretty much a non factor as was Hall. Priest played the best last night and that was about it.
              Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

The matchup against the Jags could prove to be a bigger test than the KC game.

Jacksonville ranked 2nd in rushing defence last season, and it looks like they have only improved in the off season. Note to Rod Smith, Ashlie Lelie, and Mr. Watts...heads up the ball will be in the air early and often. An early score or two thru the air should allow the rushing to find some room. (kinda backwards, pass to set up the run) but it can work.

On defence lets have the Broncos put forth an effort similar to last nights and things will be fine. Leftwich is not Trent Green and nowhere on the Jags team do I see a priest holmes.

Defence wins this game

Broncos21
                Jags 7
                Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Jacksonville ranked 2nd in rushing defence last season, and it looks like they have only improved in the off season. Note to Rod Smith, Ashlie Lelie, and Mr. Watts...heads up the ball will be in the air early and often. An early score or two thru the air should allow the rushing to find some room. (kinda backwards, pass to set up the run) but it can work.

Thanks for the analysis. I hope Jake gets all of his left handed throws out of his system this week. I think its going to be hard for a secondary to prepare for the Boncos. Smith, Lelie, Watts, Putzier, Bailey........Griffin out of the backfield......should be fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                    Note to Rod Smith, Ashlie Lelie, and Mr. Watts...heads up the ball will be in the air early and often. An early score or two thru the air should allow the rushing to find some room. (kinda backwards, pass to set up the run) but it can work.

Not necessarily backwards. Sir Mike will probably use a lot of bootlegs (whee!) sprinkled with runs from Q and Co. Shanahan likes to set defenses up by getting them accustomed to something then spring a surprise, ie bootlegs are handed off instead of kept for a pass.

Comment

I hope Q can find a way around them.

Comment

Can't Wait!!!!

I am going to be at this game, only my second Broncos game in person. I just ordered a Bailey away jersey and a Smith Alternate jersey, not sure which one I'm gonna be wearing, but I'll definitely be sporting one.

I think it's gonna be a great game, Taylor is no Holmes, but he's still pretty damn good. I'm also liking the J Smith vs Bailey matchup, I think they'll test Bailey a few times. Watch out for me in the Bud Zone making all the noise
                        My other love...
                        sigpic
                        305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

I think we need to work on the run D, fred taylor will be healthy for this game, he had a sore foot against the bills and still got 67 yards, and you know the jags think we cant stop the run after watching the K.C game, and they will try to give us a big dose of taylor, i like our 0-line against their young DE'S, but i think passing wont be as easy as it was against K.C, jags have a better secondary then K.C.....all in all i think we win 24-17 on the road against a pretty good team.
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

We had a lil trouble against the run. Great against the pass. Baily RULES!! and CO!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X