Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do the fans chant when the Broncos are on defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the fans chant when the Broncos are on defense?

Finally had a chance to watch a Broncos game live yesterday, as it was a public holiday here (for a horse race! Can you believe it?!) and ESPN showed it from 1pm our time.

It was very disappointing that the Broncos lost, especially after leading most of the game

But I now have a question - what is it that you guys yell out? It sounds like 3 words, but they are hard to understand, can anyone shed any light on this for me?

On a side note, it was my boyfriend's birthday on Saturday and I got him what he says is his best present ever - a framed panoramic print of a game between the Broncos and the Raiders, at the old stadium, when the Broncos still wore orange and white. Also included were 5 different John Elway pins. It looks incredible! And it was the only piece of Denver Broncos memorabilia in the whole of Australia (yep, major brownie points for me! )

Re: Chant?

Originally posted by kristin5
    Finally had a chance to watch a Broncos game live yesterday, as it was a public holiday here (for a horse race! Can you believe it?!) and ESPN showed it from 1pm our time.

It was very disappointing that the Broncos lost, especially after leading most of the game

But I now have a question - what is it that you guys yell out? It sounds like 3 words, but they are hard to understand, can anyone shed any light on this for me?

On a side note, it was my boyfriend's birthday on Saturday and I got him what he says is his best present ever - a framed panoramic print of a game between the Broncos and the Raiders, at the old stadium, when the Broncos still wore orange and white. Also included were 5 different John Elway pins. It looks incredible! And it was the only piece of Denver Broncos memorabilia in the whole of Australia (yep, major brownie points for me! )
    IN-COM-PLEATE
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

IN-COM-PLETE

Comment

hey kristen .... whats up in melbourne

finally good to see the broncos on tv huh ...... fox sports sux!! how much did your print cost ?? i think my elway jersey would count as the other piece of memorabilia jeje

give u a tip .... www.koa850.com ... u can listen to all games live and free.

Comment

oops ... www.850koa.com sorry

Comment

the stadium announcer says:"that pass is" and then the crowd says "in-com-plete".

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_In_AUS
                hey kristen .... whats up in melbourne

finally good to see the broncos on tv huh ...... fox sports sux!! how much did your print cost ?? i think my elway jersey would count as the other piece of memorabilia jeje

give u a tip .... www.koa850.com ... u can listen to all games live and free.
                The print cost $495 from Superstars & Legends, but fortunately I know the manager of one of the stores so I got it for $425. A bargain - considering I called every memorabilia place in Vic. and NSW as well as some in the US, and they said I wouldn't be able to get anything under $1000. I was also told that Broncos stuff is hard to find here in Aus as they usually only sell the more 'famous' teams such as the Cowboys and Packers. I could've had more to choose from if I was prepared to wait for it to be ordered from the US (Thru Spuerstars & Legends), but it would've been well over a grand and I needed it fairly quickly anyway.

I did find some other Broncos stuff (by saying it was the only Broncos memorabilia in Aus, I mean the only TEAM Broncos stuff, not just John Elway) - two John Elway prints (16 x 20) but as this was to hang on my boyfriend's bedroom wall, I didn't think it was very appropriate to have a picture of a guy behind the bed! LOL The panoramic print looks unreal, and very classy, in a mahogany frame. And Glenn has been to a game at that stadium anyway, so it had some significance for him. I want to try and find out what game it was now (ie. what year) All I know is that the scores were tied 7 a piece in the first quarter. I'm guessing it's from 1998 or thereabouts (but would love to know an exact date). I should do some investigating...

By the way, that site would be great, if I had a pc and internet at home! I only have it at work, which isn't very helpful. But I will bookmark it, and maybe listen in occasionally on a Monday morning, assuming time zones allow it!

Comment

I always wondered that to but never figured it out. It took me to the first game I saw in person to finally get it.
                  BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

What do you chant?

There is a three syllable chant that I have only heard when the defense was on. Now, I don't know how long we have been doing this, but I just picked up on it this year.

I assume it is Den - Ver - Deeeee!

The last syllable of the chant definetly ends with the "eeee" sound. But what exactly is it?

At Mizzou we used to do the MIZ-ZOU thing which would be so loud sometimes that you couldn't hear anything else. But I can never tell what is being shouted in the stadium.

Please let me know. Also, if it isn't Den-Ver-Dee and is pretty obscure for someone who has never been to Mile High before, or Invesco now, to understand please give a brief explanation of when the chant is chanted and why.

btw I cleared all my back betting debts from this win!!!

Comment

in-com-plete

Comment

[email protected] I was way off - thanks for letting me know. Anything else the fans chear at the game?

Hoping to hit a game next season with a buddy of mine and I don't want to walk in as a Broncs fan my whole childhood and not know what is being cheered and when

Comment

Not too far off. "Dee" does sound like "Plete." Of course, it's only shouted after incomplete passes.

I can't remember anything else right now. Most of the stuff shows up on the Jumbotrons anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue
                            in-com-plete
                            & I hope this is pretty self explanitory for ya too 'indaLou'.

Just as a side note: you could have used the search tool to find all of this out, I'll bet:p hint-hint seeing as all your back bets are clear...
                            Last edited by Snake16; 12-08-2003, 11:42 AM.

Comment

re:

But I am lazy and didn't want to go to the trouble.

And there are some things we do as Tiger fans that most people wouldn't understand just looking at it through the tele.

Comment

Working...
                              X