Am I the only one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one...

Am I the only one who thought that Jake's left-handed pass (while extremely stupid) was also a stunning display of athletic ability? He was getting knocked down while he changed hands and got off a spiral with some decent velocity. I've tried throwing a football left-handed before, and it's extremely difficult. I still can't believe he pulled that off.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

He didnt pull it off, it landed in the chiefs hands

Comment

Athletic, yes. Smart, NO. But thats what makes him so dangerous. He thinks he can do anything. He has confidence that can not be shaken and thats why he does so well in high pressure situations. Lots of 4th quater come backs and big plays.

Comment

It was stupid and we were lucky that didn't cost us the game. Now I am a huge Jake supporter but that made me shake my head.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The throw was cool, but it was a stupid decision. He's thrown some bonehead picks in his first game last year too. I guess he has to get it out of his system the first week
          This space for rent

Comment

It wasn't all that bad I'm guessing he was thinking about avoiding the safety am I the only one who seen how close they were to the endzone, but yeah I was like holy crap he actually thew it decent as he was getting tackled and switching hands when the average person throws lefty it looks like a girl pass also wasn't all his fault where the hell was the O-Line on that one? there were quite a few plays where Jake's quick thinking and fast feet got him out of trouble from guys all in his face.

Comment

I think Plummer is awesome. I'll stick behind him 100%. However, last night during that play, I had to yell at him (through the TV of course). That was a very stupid play. However, I think he thought he could get it to Putzier, which coinsidentally I think he tried the first time he threw an interception.

However I'm impressed he threw it so well left-handed as well. He actually got it to the Chief defender hahaha, instead of this wild duck that was out of control.

Of course, I don't see the difficulty, I can throw a football rather easily left-handed, perfect spirals and very far...at least 40 yards, I think...

We shouldn't worry because he made up for it the rest of the game...
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                I am a huge Jake supporter
                *Chuckles* This should be re-worded methinks :p

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Guy starts a thread saying the pass was stupid but really athletic, and everyone chimes in "It was stupid!"

We know it was stupid! It's ok to not mention it every chance you get :p

Jake is a very good athlete and I agree, it was a nice display of that ability. I can't throw that well with my right hand!

Last year's week 1 was his worst game of the season. Let's hope this was his worst game of 2004. Not bad passer rating (80'ish) for your worst game of the year

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                    *Chuckles* This should be re-worded methinks :p

Nuff said...
                    All I can do is LMFAO! Sounded funny I guess.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

It probably wouldn't have been stupid if he would have completed the pass. He would have been a hero. The announcers would have been like " Did you see that, Jake Plummer is amazing" It's kinda like going on 4th down, if you make it your smart, if you don't your stupid. Jake is still an amazing quarterback, regardless with what he does wit the ball.

We still got the W, and that is all that counts.

Comment

Re: Am I the only one...

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                        Am I the only one who thought that Jake's left-handed pass (while extremely stupid) was also a stunning display of athletic ability? He was getting knocked down while he changed hands and got off a spiral with some decent velocity. I've tried throwing a football left-handed before, and it's extremely difficult. I still can't believe he pulled that off.
                        Yeah, but he has to throw it into the ground like a spike, not try to make something happen and throw it to a reciever.
                        sigpic

Comment

That was a stupid play, but he kinda reminds me of a young favre with that stuff, i like a 'fired up win anyway you can guy', but sometimes those plays dont work, and i think jake saw that...lol, at least he has a strong mind and will, and didnt let that stupid play screw his mind up for the rest of the night. To me Jake is a scrapper, he will fight you till the end, shanny will get him in line, just like mike holgram did with favre, shanny will chew his azz on the sidelines when it needs to be done and jake is tough enough to take it.
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

I don't know about this.... What else could he have done? He was in the endzone and if he would have taken the sack, the Chiefs get 2 pts and the ball (a possible 9 points). If he intentionately grounds it, the same thing. I think if I was in the same situation, I'd have done the same thing. And yes, although it didn't work out, that was one hell of a left handed pass. A beautiful spiral. Still it worked out. Go BRONCOS!!
                            Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                            Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                            Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                              I think Plummer is awesome. I'll stick behind him 100%. However, last night during that play, I had to yell at him (through the TV of course). That was a very stupid play. However, I think he thought he could get it to Putzier, which coinsidentally I think he tried the first time he threw an interception.

However I'm impressed he threw it so well left-handed as well. He actually got it to the Chief defender hahaha, instead of this wild duck that was out of control.

Of course, I don't see the difficulty, I can throw a football rather easily left-handed, perfect spirals and very far...at least 40 yards, I think...

We shouldn't worry because he made up for it the rest of the game...
                              Same here!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                              X