Are we overlooking Nate swift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we overlooking Nate swift?

look at these highlights and I have read good things about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83viEU_iUIo
    sigpic

You’re Nate Swift. You just completed a stellar career at the University of Nebraska, a four-year stretch in which you set a school record with 166 receptions for 2,476 yards and also totaled 22 touchdowns in 51 games played.

So naturally, as a college free agent, you join the Denver Broncos – an NFL team in close proximity to the Cornhusker State – and you feel right at home in Big 12 Country, right?

“I have noticed a couple of people out here, but there are definitely more Colorado fans than Nebraska fans here that I’ve noticed so far,” Swift said. “CU fans for sure.”

Still, it wouldn’t be an odd occurrence to see a number of Nebraska fans take the three-hour drive down I-76 from the Nebraska border to Denver this month and take in a handful of the club’s training camp practices. Plus, whenever Swift needs his red and white fix, he can converse with former Nebraska star Correll Buckhalter. Swift got to know Buckhalter during the team’s offseason workouts, and they were able to reminisce about their experiences playing in the renowned program.

“He was in a little bit of a different era than I was,” Swift said of Buckhalter. “They were winning national championships all the time but, you know, it’s the same. We talked about how the program is changing back now and how the tradition is coming back.”

Like his rookie counterparts, Swift isn’t exactly sure what to expect when training camp officially begins and the team takes to full pads. But he has an idea.

“It’s going to be a lot different in training camp, I’ve heard,” Swift said. “A lot faster, a lot more going in, a lot quicker pace. It’s going to be a little tough, but from the first minicamp until now, I think I’ve got most of the basics down.”

During the three days of practice this week, Swift and fellow first-year wideout Kenny McKinley have spent a great deal of time together on the field working with wide receivers coach Adam Gase and the offensive staff. Swift said the coaching staff is still throwing new wrinkles at the first-year players each day, but having McKinley go through the process with him has been comforting.

“It’s nice to have other guys that are trying to learn at the same time you are,” Swift said. “It’s fun to get out there again and kind of redo some of the stuff we learned over the summer in passing camp. Just to be out here with the rookies is nice, too — to start off before all the vets come and get a little bit of a step ahead.”

sigpic

Comment

Maybe as a slot guy.

I've watched him play, and I've noticed he catches the ball with his body. Which is typical for a slot guy. But not for a #1 or 2.

Comment

In the video, he makes a couple nice catches with his hands. Watching him on tape and the number he wore, reminds me of Eddie Mac. Now if he can be half the player Eddie was, I'd be happy.

Comment

I watched him in college, Nate Swift is a completely underrated player, and he can catch. He'd be great future slot receiver.
          sigpic
          Props to Peerless^
          Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
          Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
          Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
          Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco D View Post
            In the video, he makes a couple nice catches with his hands. Watching him on tape and the number he wore, reminds me of Eddie Mac. Now if he can be half the player Eddie was, I'd be happy.

Seems to me he can play that Marshall role pretty well. Marshall is a posession WR. Yes, he does remind me of an Eddie Mac.

He seems to have the attitude with the talent. We need Rod Smith attitude who was undrafted as well.
            Eddie Royal already has that. Last years draft may have been the best for Shanahan in 10 years....with Clady and Royal.

Anyway, I will be looking at Swift too. Something else to look forward to.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orangeblood32 View Post
              Seems to me he can play that Marshall role pretty well. Marshall is a posession WR. Yes, he does remind me of an Eddie Mac.

He seems to have the attitude with the talent. We need Rod Smith attitude who was undrafted as well.
              Eddie Royal already has that. Last years draft may have been the best for Shanahan in 10 years....with Clady and Royal.

Anyway, I will be looking at Swift too. Something else to look forward to.
              Swift has a role model in camp...Brandon Stokley.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                Swift has a role model in camp...Brandon Stokley.
                Very good point...

and to the OP - thanks for posting the vid/article. CP to you :salute!:

Comment

Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Gaffney, Lloyd and Jackson are the veterans on the team that I can call off the top of my head. Kenny is going to make the team as a rookie, and I'm almost certain one of those players above -- moreso the latter of the list will be the ones losing their spot as a consequence. I don't know if Nate comes in right away and gets a legitimate roster spot; but I think he can find a home on the practice squad.

If something happens with Marshall, it'd certainly help him -- or the "surprise" cut of Stokley (as some have professed to believe by camps end) -- it'd make more room for him too. With that stated, he'll have a hard time making it with who we have now, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by orangeblood32 View Post
                    look at these highlights and I have read good things about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83viEU_iUIo
                    one thing i noticed and really liked was the fact that on every single rec ...he instantly tucked the ball away, no matter if it was on the go, a sit down, a sideline, well covered, uncovered...as soon as the ball hits his hands its tucked away

marshall has this annoying way of sometimes one handing the ball and being careless which has resulted in his fair share of fumbles
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I liked Nate Swift's highlights and stats, I don't think we are overlooking him. He lasted until training camp, he will get a shot. But we are overloaded at WR, especially if Marshall stays around.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Husker QB?

The QB in the video impressed me, looked like he had great pocket presence. His arm wasn't to shabby either? Who was that? Was that his senior year?
                        This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Answered my own question

QB was Joe Ganz. He signed with the Redskins.
                          This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

The reason I say WE as fans are overlooking him is beacuase I have not heard much about him. We are over loaded at WR. However, I am so sick of Brandon Marshall being onthis team and inthe locker room spreading his ignorant rhetoric and being a bad influence is something that makes me sick.

What makes me more sick is this <word we cannot say> is collecting a check and playing with everyone. He has court date coming up for his 4th arrest and 13th incident with cops in 3 different cities with two different women. Hey....can we call a spade a spade? No? He already told cops on bust in 07 that he hates the Fing city.

Then when it is time for him to play for his contract and really mind his Ps and Qs he pulls this...I am not being treated fairly BS.

At this point I will take a 4th round pick in 2017 for him. Get him outta here.

I would take Nate Swift over that guy......any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
                            sigpic

Comment

He has good size at 6'2 200lbs and seems to be a hard worker. Also has the ability to help in the return game which increases his value. I think he'll push for a roster spot, but will at least make the practice squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X