Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15thebeast
    replied
    He looks a little big for the slot i think we line up. Marshall, Gaffney, Royal to start he season but dont be shocked if Mckinnley or Swift becomes the number 2 as a good do it all WR. let Marshall do the big plays. Let Royal work the slot and if you double cover Marshall or Royal then Swift and Mckinnley will kill defenses.:go:

Leave a comment:

• JED Bronco
    replied
    Maybe youth will prevail

McD is a type who likes to develop his own team. Maybe youth will be a key to keeping raw talent verses so-so aged talent?

Leave a comment:

• BHamita15
    replied
    I think he's got a good chance at making the practice squad...but it's a big uphill battle to make the 53 man..the numbers just are not in his favor.

1. Brandon Marshall
    2. Eddie Royal
    3. Brandon Stokely
    4. Jabar Gaffney
    5. Brandon Lloyd
    6. Kenny McKinley
    7. Chad Jackson
    8. ???

He's gonna be to get to #6 to make the roster...

On a side note...did you know that even though this will be his 4th NFL season, Chad Jackson is only 5 months older than Swift?

Leave a comment:

• sdinner10
    replied
    While I agree with many of you that he seems to have good hands and that he is very good at tucking the ball away, there was one major negative thing that really stuck out to me in the video: his route running. While most of the clips focused on the QB for most of the play, and as such didn't show him running his route, the times when you can see him running his routes they aren't very crisp. He really rounds out his turns, which means that he won't get separation in the NFL. I think he could be a practice squad candidate, but I don't see him making the 53 man roster unless his route running drastically improves or we end up trading Marshall (and even then I'm still not sure he can beat out either CJ Jones or Brandon Lloyd).

I think with some time on the practice squad learning to run crisp routes he can develop into an above average receiver in the league.

Leave a comment:

• omahaBroncoFan
    replied
    There's been a couple threads about him so he's not being overlooked on the boards at least, and the coaches are of course giving him a good looking over. That 53 man roster will seem pretty small before long though, I just don't know if there's room for him or not.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Originally posted by housemouse View Post
    Maybe as a slot guy.

I've watched him play, and I've noticed he catches the ball with his body. Which is typical for a slot guy. But not for a #1 or 2.
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    one thing i noticed and really liked was the fact that on every single rec ...he instantly tucked the ball away, no matter if it was on the go, a sit down, a sideline, well covered, uncovered...as soon as the ball hits his hands its tucked away

marshall has this annoying way of sometimes one handing the ball and being careless which has resulted in his fair share of fumbles
    The highlights looked good to me. I saw quite a number of good catches with his hands, but he does tuck the ball away quickly. That might be mistaken for a body catch.

He's got good size, and looks like he'd definitely be a decent possession or slot guy. I hope he at least finds his way onto the practice squad.

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco D View Post
    In the video, he makes a couple nice catches with his hands. Watching him on tape and the number he wore, reminds me of Eddie Mac. Now if he can be half the player Eddie was, I'd be happy.
    That is exactly what I was gonna say, he does remind one of Eddie Mac, he is tough. And he can return PUNTS too! I say he makes the team as a backup, and Special teamer.

Leave a comment:

• Corn_3024
    replied
    He has good size at 6'2 200lbs and seems to be a hard worker. Also has the ability to help in the return game which increases his value. I think he'll push for a roster spot, but will at least make the practice squad.

Leave a comment:

• orangeblood32
    replied
    The reason I say WE as fans are overlooking him is beacuase I have not heard much about him. We are over loaded at WR. However, I am so sick of Brandon Marshall being onthis team and inthe locker room spreading his ignorant rhetoric and being a bad influence is something that makes me sick.

What makes me more sick is this <word we cannot say> is collecting a check and playing with everyone. He has court date coming up for his 4th arrest and 13th incident with cops in 3 different cities with two different women. Hey....can we call a spade a spade? No? He already told cops on bust in 07 that he hates the Fing city.

Then when it is time for him to play for his contract and really mind his Ps and Qs he pulls this...I am not being treated fairly BS.

At this point I will take a 4th round pick in 2017 for him. Get him outta here.

I would take Nate Swift over that guy......any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• JED Bronco
    replied
    Answered my own question

QB was Joe Ganz. He signed with the Redskins.

Leave a comment:

• JED Bronco
    replied
    The Husker QB?

The QB in the video impressed me, looked like he had great pocket presence. His arm wasn't to shabby either? Who was that? Was that his senior year?

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I liked Nate Swift's highlights and stats, I don't think we are overlooking him. He lasted until training camp, he will get a shot. But we are overloaded at WR, especially if Marshall stays around.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by orangeblood32 View Post
    look at these highlights and I have read good things about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83viEU_iUIo
    one thing i noticed and really liked was the fact that on every single rec ...he instantly tucked the ball away, no matter if it was on the go, a sit down, a sideline, well covered, uncovered...as soon as the ball hits his hands its tucked away

marshall has this annoying way of sometimes one handing the ball and being careless which has resulted in his fair share of fumbles

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Gaffney, Lloyd and Jackson are the veterans on the team that I can call off the top of my head. Kenny is going to make the team as a rookie, and I'm almost certain one of those players above -- moreso the latter of the list will be the ones losing their spot as a consequence. I don't know if Nate comes in right away and gets a legitimate roster spot; but I think he can find a home on the practice squad.

If something happens with Marshall, it'd certainly help him -- or the "surprise" cut of Stokley (as some have professed to believe by camps end) -- it'd make more room for him too. With that stated, he'll have a hard time making it with who we have now, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    Swift has a role model in camp...Brandon Stokley.
    Very good point...

and to the OP - thanks for posting the vid/article. CP to you :salute!:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X