Moreno and broncos still far apart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moreno and broncos still far apart?

That is what I just read in the post. Get him signed and in camp. My God!!!!!!!!!

Broncos, Moreno are far apart in talks as camp kicks off
    Ayers, another first-round selection, also is unsigned, making the tandem the team's first rookie holdouts since 2004.
    By Mike Klis
    The Denver Post

Call him fast. Call him talented. Call him soon-to-be wealthy.

And beginning today, people can call him No-Show Moreno.

The Broncos will open training camp today without their No. 1 draft pick, Knowshon Moreno. The team and its rookie running back are so far apart in contract negotiations, Moreno will wake up today in his college home state of Georgia.

No sense rushing to Denver when a new contract isn't imminent.

The Broncos are further along in negotiations with their second first-round choice, outside linebacker Robert Ayers. Still, the two sides would have had to work through Thursday night to keep Ayers from joining Moreno as the Broncos' first rookie holdouts since 2004.

"I want to be there, but it's part of the business," Ayers said Thursday. "About all I can say is both sides are working hard to try to get everything done, but . . . I don't have any predictions."
    Meanwhile, 78 other Broncos players will brace for the two-a-day opening of training camp at the team's Dove Valley practice facility, where the goal, besides making it to Saturday, is to secure a spot on the season- opening, 53-man roster.

This year, the Broncos are going old school. They will arrive early — the first workout session today starts at 8:45 a.m. And they will leave late — their second practice is scheduled to end at 7:30 p.m.

Then again, for each morning-night doubleheader, there are days with no morning practices — 10 of each.

New coach Josh McDaniels said this schedule allows for a meeting before every practice while keeping the players away from the hot, midday sun and fresh with the occasional nonpractice.

During his time as Bill Belichick's top offensive assistant in New England, McDaniels also came to like this schedule better than others because "it gave me more teaching time."

Once the Broncos are on the field, they will be equipped with pads.

The schedule and contact may still be a long way from matching the camp drudgery of eating and sleeping football at the University of Northern Colorado campus in Greeley, as the team once did. But for the most part, the concept of practicing in helmets and shorts in the morning and veterans getting the afternoon practice off exited with Mike Shanahan.

McDaniels is attempting to bring some of the rugged East Coast style to the Rocky Mountains.

"If that's what you want your identity to be, then you've got to go out and do it," McDaniels said. "It's not just going to show up in September if you haven't done it.

"We're going to practice the way we feel we need to practice in order to establish the style of play that we want to win with this year. That's going to be a physical style on both sides of the ball. It's hard to practice that way when you're not in pads. Right off the bat, we're going to try to get after it."

Not Moreno. Until he signs, he can't participate. The first running back taken in the 2009 draft and 12th player overall, Moreno is represented by the agency headed by Tom Condon and Ben Dogra, who just negotiated a five-year, $38.25 million contract with a $23.5 million guarantee for No. 7 pick Darrius Heyward-Bey with the Raiders.

The deal staggered the industry, as those numbers represented a 20 percent increase from what the previous year's No. 7 pick — Sedrick Ellis — received.

Still another reason for the Broncos to hate the Raiders. The Broncos were hoping to sign Moreno to a five-year contract at an 8 percent to 10 percent increase from the $11.415 million guarantee they gave left tackle Ryan Clady last year as the No. 12 pick.

An 8 percent increase would put Moreno's guarantee at $12.3 million. The 20 percent increase sought by Condon-Dogra would lift Moreno's guarantee to $13.7 million.

A gap that large suggests Knowshon may be a No-Show beyond today.
    sigpic

I just hope Moreno and Ayers are working out and not running up their credit cards in anticipation of their new found$$$
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Seeing how these negotiations are done, and the garunteed money unproven rookies are getting leads me to believe even more in the trend that teams are not only trying get out of the top 10 in the draft every year, but some like the Pats and Panthers are all too glad to get out of the first round entirely.

IDK what the answer is, but as long as the reality of first round leverage has, the more teams are really held over a barrel by the agents.

Again, I am referring to the trading away of the first round next year to move up and get A. Smith. It makes more and more sense.
      Last edited by orangeblood32; 07-31-2009, 08:23 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow This may come down to Knowshon choosing between more upfront money or getting playing time this year.
        "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
          Wow This may come down to Knowshon choosing between more upfront money or getting playing time this year.
          For some players does playing matter if you have the guaranteed money.

Sad hope this isn't Knowshon
          sigpic
          The Bronco fan pledge;
          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I knew I didnt want Knowshon. He can sit out all camp for all I care. Give Hillis the rock.
            Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFan1088 View Post
              I knew I didnt want Knowshon. He can sit out all camp for all I care. Give Hillis the rock.

Well youd be wrong and that will change. By week 1 you will be singing a different tune.

Non body said knowshon was holding out for the 20% DHB got. It just said that the idiot raiders gave that much. Congdon the agent would be a fool and not a good agent if he didnt atleast try to get the same for knowshon.

But i think congdon and moreno know that wont happen and arent going to fight it. Al davis is sooo retarded thats the only reason DHB got that much cash.

I bet ayers is in tomorrow and know is in on monday.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                Well youd be wrong and that will change. By week 1 you will be singing a different tune.

Non body said knowshon was holding out for the 20% DHB got. It just said that the idiot raiders gave that much. Congdon the agent would be a fool and not a good agent if he didnt atleast try to get the same for knowshon.

But i think congdon and moreno know that wont happen and arent going to fight it. Al davis is sooo retarded thats the only reason DHB got that much cash.

I bet ayers is in tomorrow and know is in on monday.

Yeah, I hope you are right. Knowshon is the key to :orton: having a solid year. I believe :orton: will surprise everyone. Surrounded by everything you need to win.

Hey Pennington had a pro bowl year last year, and he was for the jets what :orton: was for the Bears.

:go:
                sigpic

Comment

No-Show Moreno that was a good one
                  sigpicI am from BRONCOLOMBIA

Comment

The next couple of days we should see the wheels turning. When they are fighting for 20% from 8-10, it's gonna take a little longer than anticipated. Don't want to buckle at the knees...

Comment

Thats what Im talkin bout!!!

Amen brother. I agree 100%. This is a franchise that is trying to rebound and after all that we have been through this offseason Knowshon and Ayers cant come to an agreement? Please! The show goes on with or without these guys. The nerve of some of the these wet behind the ear rookies. :go:
                      http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

thats an ignorant statement if i ever heard one. knowshon is going to be a key component to our offense this year. i am sure that both parties are working hard to get a deal done. be patient my friend, its not like its a quarterback we are talking about. runningbacks adjust much easier to the pro game
                        @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

I think that is a crazy statement too. At first I wanted them to take Orakpo. However this kid is Brian Westbrook, Marshall Faulk kind of special. What a nice check down for :orton:.

He is a TD machine every where he has been. Denver was so bad in the green zone (thats what I call the offensive side of the red zone). 2nd offense and 16th in scoring illustrates that.

He will be one special weapon, and it prevented the Chargers from drafting him as well. I really think they were targeting him.

Its too bad darth dith (AL davis) did it again. Wasnt it enough for him to trade the greatest vertical threat in the history of the game in Moss and traded him to NE and Brady for a 4th rounder (AFC team), but now he sends the negotiationg process on its head with this move?
                          sigpic

Proverbs 31:6-7 "Give strong drink to those in sorrow, and wine to drink for those in pain. So they forget their poverty and no longer remember their grief."

Likes and dis-likes are not consequences. Do what must be done. Though it not be happiness, it is greatness. Mark Twain

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who don't have it. George Bernard Shaw

TY Shanahan . Welcome Mcdaniels .

:thumb:We need a defense.

Comment

As far sa I'm concerned, he can hold out as long as he wants. and the Broncos will be fine without him for a while. Every practice he misses another back gets his snaps. Even if he does come back to play those snaps are more important to a player that might not get any or might not get as many otherwise.

Besides, I think it will give Hillis more time to prove he can be more than a FB or shortyardage/goalline. His ability will translate better in pads than shorts.

Comment

Hopefully Torain makes the most of Moreno's absence, so he and Moreno can form a potent combination when the latter returns, with Hillis leading the way. I'd rather have these young backs starting than the two FA scrubs.
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X