X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
    If you ask somebody who the best slot receiver is in the NFL, they'll tell you that it's Wes Welker. He is a great player whose potential wasn't realized until he got a great quarterback. The more I think about Eddie Royal, the more Wes Welker I see in him. Both are small receivers who are fast and hard to take down. Both are great route runners. What separates Welker from every other slot receiver is his amazing quickness. Royal isn't quite as quick as Welker, but he does have great quickness. In our new offense, Royal will be used in the way Welker was in New England. I expect a huge year out of Royal. About 90 catches 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns is a realistic year with solid quarterback play.
    Im hoping for the next 'Marvin Harrison' .......uh, without the gun play in the bar parking lot of course.

Leave a comment:

• Zanders76
    replied
    IF we are running the same system as NE I would say that Royal would prob be playing the Moss role. Streching the field and forcing the D to be honest. I think we'd see alot of Stokley in the slot (he is a better slot that Royal) and often relieved by McKinley. Stokley was winded at the end of the 07 season as the #2 reciever and said he feels better playing 40% - 60% of the snaps. IF the O is the same as NE then the slot would be on the field most every play. McKinley will get his chance to shine this year.

Leave a comment:

• Iron Clady
    started a topic Eddie Royal: The Next Wes Welker?

Eddie Royal: The Next Wes Welker?

If you ask somebody who the best slot receiver is in the NFL, they'll tell you that it's Wes Welker. He is a great player whose potential wasn't realized until he got a great quarterback. The more I think about Eddie Royal, the more Wes Welker I see in him. Both are small receivers who are fast and hard to take down. Both are great route runners. What separates Welker from every other slot receiver is his amazing quickness. Royal isn't quite as quick as Welker, but he does have great quickness. In our new offense, Royal will be used in the way Welker was in New England. I expect a huge year out of Royal. About 90 catches 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns is a realistic year with solid quarterback play.
Working...
X