X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Stokley was playing #4 WR today at TC. He is 33 and has concussion/injury issues. He is my surprise cut of TC. If Marshall, Royal, and Gaffney are top 3 then Jackson, Lloyd, or Mckinley might come in at #4 just fine.
    I wouldn't be surprised, and I'll prolly get flamed for this but I don't really care tooo much for 'em...he is very very reliable...but not athletic enough for the big play so y not use a Kenny Mckinley or Lloyd...I mean Lloyd has made some of the craziest catches i've ever seen in my life, and I mean a FEW of the craziest catches i've ever seen if not thee craziest lol that's sayin' alot I watch ALOT of Football

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Why put gaffney at number two when Royal has proven he can play on the other side quite competently infact, above average, and Stokely is the man in the slot position. I honestly don't understand why we'd change the Receiving corps, unless we lose Marshall. Do you guys really see Gaffney as an upgrade? Just wondering no offense to anyone. Well that's just my opinion.
    Stokley was playing #4 WR today at TC. He is 33 and has concussion/injury issues. He is my surprise cut of TC. If Marshall, Royal, and Gaffney are top 3 then Jackson, Lloyd, or Mckinley might come in at #4 just fine.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    I never said poor mans I just said he reminds me alot of Steve Smith. And I know we're running the Spread But Royal is a lot faster than Welker. And thanks for insulting me, but my name has nothing to do with what you are reffering to. It's sort of like ShakeNbake. And to say Smith isn't much better than Royal is kind of strange being as this is only Royal's 2nd season. Yes I'm impressed by him and love every aspect of his game. But to name his as good as Steve Smith who is one of the best receivers in the game already, is kind of ludicrous.
    nahh bro ur getting confused...it's actually 2 comments above me, u got ur next comment in before I put mine in...that part about poor mans smith was to the guy with Moreno as his pic... and he's coming into his prime and Smith is just starting to fade ... but Royal...He had 91 catches as a rookie without even bein the number one WR who had over a hundred catches..annnnnnd about ur name ha, I realized that after, it's cool tho cuz i doo so it was no offense ha
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 07-31-2009, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    bro u really must JakenBake alot...we're running the Spread...Wes Welker is the TRUE #2 WR in the NE offense...but he's in the slot... that's what Royal will be....and to the comment above me??..the Poor man's Smith??? that's rediculous, Smith isn't that much better than royal if any
    Yes, we all know how good Royal is how great he might become, but one thing at a time. Royal had an impressive rookie season, and now he is just entering his second year. Steve Smith has years and years of domination as a WR, making catches and breaking tackles that leave me speechless.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    bro u really must JakenBake alot...we're running the Spread...Wes Welker is the TRUE #2 WR in the NE offense...but he's in the slot... that's what Royal will be....and to the comment above me??..the Poor man's Smith??? that's rediculous, Smith isn't that much better than royal if any
    I never said poor mans I just said he reminds me alot of Steve Smith. And I know we're running the Spread But Royal is a lot faster than Welker. And thanks for insulting me, but my name has nothing to do with what you are reffering to. It's sort of like ShakeNbake. And to say Smith isn't much better than Royal is kind of strange being as this is only Royal's 2nd season. Yes I'm impressed by him and love every aspect of his game. But to name his as good as Steve Smith who is one of the best receivers in the game already, is kind of ludicrous.

Leave a comment:

• DenverSpark
    replied
    Marshall can spread the field. He's alot faster than many believe. His size helps too.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Why put gaffney at number two when Royal has proven he can play on the other side quite competently infact, above average, and Stokely is the man in the slot position. I honestly don't understand why we'd change the Receiving corps, unless we lose Marshall. Do you guys really see Gaffney as an upgrade? Just wondering no offense to anyone. Well that's just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Right now, Eddie Royal reminds me of a poor man's Steve Smith. He is small but very strong and tough on the field, and a nightmare to cover 1 on 1. I think Gaffney was a great addition. Marshall, Royal, Stokley and Gaffney on the field will be too much to handle. And don't forget Moreno and Hillis catching the ball.
    Good point, I've always said Royal reminds me alot of Steve Smith, which is not a bad thing

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Right now, Eddie Royal reminds me of a poor man's Steve Smith. He is small but very strong and tough on the field, and a nightmare to cover 1 on 1. I think Gaffney was a great addition. Marshall, Royal, Stokley and Gaffney on the field will be too much to handle. And don't forget Moreno and Hillis catching the ball.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
    They're going to use Marshall like Moss as a vertical threat. They'll use Royal out wide and in the slot, but mostly in the slot. They'll use Gaffney out wide and move Royal to the slot. Stokely will be used in the other slot in 4 receiver sets and will be used in the slot to keep Royal fresh. Harrison isn't a good comparison.
    lol to be honest this is exactly what I was thinkin'...buttttt that guy does have a good point...do u put Royal in Moss's Role because of Speed or Marshall because of size hah...i didn't think bout that....but I still think it'll be this way...because Royal is so shifty and fast like Welker

Leave a comment:

• Iron Clady
    replied
    They're going to use Marshall like Moss as a vertical threat. They'll use Royal out wide and in the slot, but mostly in the slot. They'll use Gaffney out wide and move Royal to the slot. Stokely will be used in the other slot in 4 receiver sets and will be used in the slot to keep Royal fresh. Harrison isn't a good comparison.
    Last edited by Iron Clady; 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zanders76
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I highly doubt we would use Royal in a Moss mold.

If anyone plays moss, it will be Marshall
    Marshall lacks the speed to strech the field or the ability to gain the type of seperation Moss got. Marshall is more of a posession reciever.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
    IF we are running the same system as NE I would say that Royal would prob be playing the Moss role. Streching the field and forcing the D to be honest. I think we'd see alot of Stokley in the slot (he is a better slot that Royal) and often relieved by McKinley. Stokley was winded at the end of the 07 season as the #2 reciever and said he feels better playing 40% - 60% of the snaps. IF the O is the same as NE then the slot would be on the field most every play. McKinley will get his chance to shine this year.
    I highly doubt we would use Royal in a Moss mold.

If anyone plays moss, it will be Marshall

Leave a comment:

• Zanders76
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    Im hoping for the next 'Marvin Harrison' .......uh, without the gun play in the bar parking lot of course.
    I agree. Harrison is a much better comparison than Welker.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X