The broncos front seven is garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The broncos front seven is garbage

Anyone catch mark schlereth on espn making that statement??

I understand were not a bunch of pro bowlers down there but garbage is a pretty strong word lol ...I just found it a little insulting but i guess we'll see soon enough if he is right. :go:

I guess he is talking about our remaining starters from last year's d-line? () We have so many unproven players now I really don't get how he could make that statement until he's seen them play.

Comment

IDK about the front 7 but the front 3 is definitely stinky garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
        Anyone catch mark schlereth on espn making that statement??

I understand were not a bunch of pro bowlers down there but garbage is a pretty strong word lol ...I just found it a little insulting but i guess we'll see soon enough if he is right. :go:
        Yeah i saw that as well, but you have to remember these are the same talking heads that have picked SD to win the SB for the last 3-4 years. Just stay cool for another month brother, that's when it counts!
        sigpic

Comment

Well with the exception of Williams, who is clearly one of the better LB in the league, and Ayers who we dont know how he will turn out, I would concur with Mr. Schlereth.
          A book I wrote

Comment

What he is saying is justified. The last three years they have been garbage and now we switch to a 3-4 with no personel to fill the gaps.

It's going to take a miracle to have a good year defensively.

Comment

Im interested to see how Stink's comments will be welcomed here in bronco country. When Jamie Dukes basically says the same thing Dukes is a moron. Does that make Schlereth a moron also. I tend to give credence to ex-nfl players opinions about NFL football teams. Now if i wanted to get opinions of what potato chips are easiest to vacuum up off the couch id call some of the folks that post here for their expertise
              Last edited by it'sjustagame; 08-01-2009, 08:39 PM.
              My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

Garbage on paper... he's justified in saying that.

So much to prove though, gives them incentive to show up the critics.

I hope they can...
                sigpic
                The Lone Ranger

Member #970 of the Knowshon Fan Club. Championship!

Shanny Fan? McDaniels Fan? I'm a Denver Broncos Fan!!!

NECKBEARD!

Comment

Yeah, Schlereth was getting a little criticism for being too much of a homer when he was defending Mcdaniels during the Cutler fiasco.

But, yeah..last year they were garbage.

It is completely different this year. I mean.....totally.

Assuming they get Ayers in, they will have some nice edge rushers in this scheme with Ayers, Crowder, Doom, Moss and Reid.

Yeah....ok we all know about the NT and what we dont know. We got it Schlereth.

I have read very good things out of camp about Fields. I am confident someone will emerge. This defense will be at leat twice as good as last year....period. Not to mean they will break the top 10, but they will break the top 20.

sigpic

Proverbs 31:6-7 "Give strong drink to those in sorrow, and wine to drink for those in pain. So they forget their poverty and no longer remember their grief."

Likes and dis-likes are not consequences. Do what must be done. Though it not be happiness, it is greatness. Mark Twain

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who don't have it. George Bernard Shaw

TY Shanahan . Welcome Mcdaniels .

:thumb:We need a defense.

Comment

I stay away from espn...if your not one of the east coast teams they really love to rip on you.

Not that there is a better option, I just got nfl network back today for preseason and it reminded me why I hate dukes an co over there...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
                      Im interested to see how Stink's comments will be welcomed here in bronco country. When Jamie Dukes basically says the same thing Dukes is a moron. Does that make Schlereth a moron also. I tend to give credence to ex-nfl players opinions about NFL football teams. Now if i wanted to get opinions of what patoto chips are easiest to vacuum up off the couch id call some of the folks that post here for their expertise
                      its actually sunchoops....haha patoto choops

Comment

Sweet, we're going to be good this year then! In 2005 the day after Denver dropped their opening game, Schlereth was on Jim Rome going on and on about how bad the Broncos were and that this was a sign that the Broncos would be lucky to win 4 games that season. In the end we went 13-3 and played in the AFC Championship game, so hopefully Schlereth is just as right now as he was back then!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
                          Yeah i saw that as well, but you have to remember these are the same talking heads that have picked SD to win the SB for the last 3-4 years. Just stay cool for another month brother, that's when it counts!

Yeah, that and every year they predict the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl. They havent won a play off game since 1996.
                          sigpic

Proverbs 31:6-7 "Give strong drink to those in sorrow, and wine to drink for those in pain. So they forget their poverty and no longer remember their grief."

Likes and dis-likes are not consequences. Do what must be done. Though it not be happiness, it is greatness. Mark Twain

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who don't have it. George Bernard Shaw

TY Shanahan . Welcome Mcdaniels .

:thumb:We need a defense.

Comment

I dont know about being garbage but we are going to have to control the ball and not turn it over to have a chance this year!!!

Comment

They are not garbage until proven to be garbage on the field. Right now, they are all eager NFL players who have the potential to be pro bowlers. No body knows how Moss, Crowder, Ayers, Reid and Dumerville are going to play the outside linebacker position. No body knows how Thomas, Fields or any other NT are going to play this year. It's not fair to call these guys garbage until we see them actually play a meaningful game.

Comment

Working...
                              X