Sources: Broncos’ Moss Approaches Team, Thinking About Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources: Broncos’ Moss Approaches Team, Thinking About Retirement

Broncos defensive lineman/outside linebacker Jarvis Moss was not in attendance at the team’s practice today. A team source with knowledge of the circumstances surrounding his absence talked with Fox 31 Sports and provided an explanation.

He told Josina Anderson, “I was told Jarvis went to (Josh) McDaniels and met one on one with the coach and said he does not want to do this anymore. He feels he might be done with football and he’s thinking about retirement.”

This information has to come to a blow to an organization which drafted Moss with its 17th overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Upon learning this information, Fox 31 Sports attended practice Saturday and confirmed Moss was not there.

Broncos’ General Manager Brian Xanders was approached to respond to the information but told Fox 31 Sports, “no comment.”

Another source, who has since spoken to Moss on the phone, told Anderson that after their conversation they are now concerned for Moss’ overall well being. The source said, “He told me he would talk to me in two hours. That this is his life and he’s just got to figure things out.”

Moss participated in the team’s practices on Friday. After the morning session Moss said, “It’s a brand new start for me. I’m going to continue to work hard, pray, and everything will take care of itself.”

The source also told Anderson that it’s their thought Moss is having a hard time adapting to his new role in the new defensive scheme. He plays a combination of linebacker and defensive end in the 3-4 defense.

In two seasons with the Broncos, Moss has played in 18 games, recording 24 tackles and 3.5 sacks. His rookie season was cut short after suffering a broken shin.
    http://community.kdvr.com/_Sources-B...idgetId=216686
    sigpic

Dang, I wasnt expecting this. I feel for the guy, hopefully it all works out and whatever he does makes him happy.

Best of luck Jarvis
    Last edited by Den615; 08-01-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

On a personal note, I hope Moss goes on to live a happy and successful life. But as a fan...another example of why these rookies don't deserve the pay they get and change is needed to pay those that have earned it. I know some will use Clady to argue otherwise, but in his case an incentive based contract would have paid him well. Moss was a bust for a 1st rounder and we need to move on. Maybe rookies should have less guaranteed $$ and way more performance incentive pay?
      :usa:

"May God bless you and your family!"

Comment

Pax tecum, Jarvis.

No matter what you decide, we wish you well.:salute!:
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Lol

Quitter......quitter..........quitter......

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Another awesome defensive draft pick by Shanny...

Retiring after 2 seasons for no reason whatsoever is the ultimate draft bust. Thanks for nothing Jarvis...

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
              Another awesome defensive draft pick by Shanny...

Retiring after 2 seasons for no reason whatsoever is the ultimate draft bust. Thanks for nothing Jarvis...
              ^^^^ Truth.

Comment

Well, he has no heart. You want proof? Ask him to give his moneyback, then you can retire. Lets see the tune he sings then.

I mean, I dont know about you, but if I were paid that much money, I wouldnt quit.

Either way, for everyone that says we should draft for need etc. We all thought they did that in 07 didnt we?

So much for that.

Oh well, ok..one decision at least made.
                sigpic

Proverbs 31:6-7 "Give strong drink to those in sorrow, and wine to drink for those in pain. So they forget their poverty and no longer remember their grief."

Likes and dis-likes are not consequences. Do what must be done. Though it not be happiness, it is greatness. Mark Twain

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who don't have it. George Bernard Shaw

TY Shanahan . Welcome Mcdaniels .

:thumb:We need a defense.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

I wish the best for him in his future, but thinking about retiring after two seasons?

Way to have confidence in yourself, Jarvis....
                  sigpic

Comment

Weak.

I understand if it is not what he wants to do anymore, good - but this shows that he is not wanting to put in the extra work and time. He does not want to deal with adversity and competition. Good luck in the future Moss.
                    sigpic

Comment

As a man, I wish him the best which ever way he chooses to go. Be it retirement and whatever, or to continue his career.

As a player.... if he pulls a "Kennison" then there's going to be putasos!!
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

What are the cap implications when a player retires?

Comment

As a human being I want him to do well.

As a man I've gotta say he's a quitter. He's getting paid millions to play a sport and he has all the athletic potential in the world. There are guys doing harder jobs for less than 1% of his pay, yet they never quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            As a human being I want him to do well.

As a man I've gotta say he's a quitter. He's getting paid millions to play a sport and he has all the athletic potential in the world. There are guys doing harder jobs for less than 1% of his pay, yet they never quit.
                            I agree 100%. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                              As a man, I wish him the best which ever way he chooses to go. Be it retirement and whatever, or to continue his career.

As a player.... if he pulls a "Kennison" then there's going to be putasos!!
                              Quitting in training camp is a far cry from quitting on gameday...
                              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
                              X