No announcement yet.

Sources: Broncos’ Moss Approaches Team, Thinking About Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. Between the two of them we might even get a fourth and a pretzel or two. Maybe even some cheese for the pretzels to boot.

BOON!

Comment

• i hope he stays i can see him playing a biiig role for us this year to be fully honest i can see him having a big season a breakout season but he has to want it or else its never gona happen
      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
        I've read that Robinson has been playing outside.
        This has been my guess. Lee Robinson deserves a shot as much as Moss, I guess, at this point, and the kid really wants to be there. I think he might make the team and play as a 5th ILB/OLB combo. The little I've read about the guy seems to point to this as a possibility.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
          Yeah. Between the two of them we might even get a fourth and a pretzel or two. Maybe even some cheese for the pretzels to boot.

BOON!
          Oh! I LOVE pretzels and cheese!

Hmmm I may actually be ok with that deal.... :thumb:
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
            K dude, lets just ask every single player who was released, retired, cut, held out, etc for the money back! :thumb:
            Maybe you didnt hear. He didnt get cut, he said he wanted to retire which is different. As I said in my post, if the guy gives his best and he gets cut, well there will be disappointment. At least he will be able to look athimself inthe mirror and rest easy knowing he gave his all.

However, if he retires cause he wasnt up to it, or it was too difficult, well I am sorry that isnt good enough. Especially if the intention was to keep the 20 million dollars.

One thing to feel sorry for him. Another thing to coddle him and say thats alright, when it isnt at all. Like I said, nobody is doing him any favors towards his long term mental health if you allow him to sheepishly retire.

Watch Rudy....the final scene when the grounds keeper talks to him to go back and not quit and understand the point.
            Last edited by buckingbronco33; 08-03-2009, 08:56 AM.
            sigpic

Proverbs 31:6-7 "Give strong drink to those in sorrow, and wine to drink for those in pain. So they forget their poverty and no longer remember their grief."

Likes and dis-likes are not consequences. Do what must be done. Though it not be happiness, it is greatness. Mark Twain

The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who don't have it. George Bernard Shaw

TY Shanahan . Welcome Mcdaniels .

:thumb:We need a defense.

Comment

• Apparently Jarvis isnt out on the field.

http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

-"Moss is not out on field so far. Neither is Marshall."

-"I talked to a source an hour out of practice, that said they hadn't seen Moss so far."

-"Then I talked to another source minutes before, who had not yet seen Moss either."

What a loser....

Comment

• I read 3 pages of Jarvis getting bashed but I think there are some key things not expressed (unless they were after page #3)

!. His contract is not guaranteed. If he doesnt play, he gets no pay. Going the retirment route WILL hurt him financially. I have seen plenty of players make this roster in recent years, and then seemingly "retire". He could easily go through the motions, barely make the cut, and then do nothing while locking in his salary.

2. I hope those of you that are bashing Moss, bashed Plumber as well. If the guy doesnt want to play, he doesnt want to play. More power to him for making a ton of cash off a brilliant college career. Who's fault is it he was paid millions of dollars when his game didnt translate to the NFL? I am a business consultant. If someone gives me $20 million to sail an oil tanker, and it ends in Exxon Valdez pt 2, am I the only culpable person?

3. Some guys just dont like football. They play because they are good at it, and it comes easy for them. Once it gets hard, and is a job- they just dont want to do it. He would not be the first athlete to deal with this.

4. He could also have ZERO experience in handling adversity and not living up to expectations. I dont care how much money you have. If you have never faced the realities of life, it can be mentally overwhelming.

I hope whatever Moss decides he has no regrets. Would love to see him fulfill his promise. But if the dude doesnt want to do this, then I tip my hat to him for making a decision he knew would cast a shadow on him and follow him around now, rather than just take a spot on the roster and make an extra few million.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  ... 'tis but to do or die." - Tennyson

Speaking for myself, I care because he is a fellow human being who exists for more than just my personal amusement.:salute!:
                  A wildly overpaid human being. When you're wildly overpaid there are responsibilities you can accept or not, but there's no getting around the criticism from those who sacrifice more and get paid less.

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                    A wildly overpaid human being. When you're wildly overpaid there are responsibilities you can accept or not, but there's no getting around the criticism from those who sacrifice more and get paid less.
                    Those who sacrifice more and get paid less are the reason he is wildly overpaid.

Pro athletes are blamed by the common working class for the money they are paid.

Meanwhile those responsible for the system laugh at us for arguing about it..
                    Last edited by samparnell; 08-03-2009, 05:56 PM.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      Lol

Quitter......quitter..........quitter......
                      Funny i'll join you
                      sigpic Tha100%RetuRN...

Comment

• Moss is just discouraged. He's a star at Florida, 1st team All American. The Broncos give up a 3rd round pick to MOVE UP in the draft to the 17th overall pick of the first round to get him. Great things are expected.

And then nothing. He rarely gets on the field his first two seasons. He's a game day inactive most of last year. Injured and on IR. The only reason he made the team last year was because they had no choice contract-wise.

He's heard from all over nothing but how he's a total BUST.

Then McDaniels comes to town but Moss is still buried at 3rd or 4th on the depth chart on the depth chart at OLB, his chances of ever making the 53 man roster slim at best. He watches Tim Crowder zoom up past him to become a regular in the rotation.

He just got discouraged. Then he had a talk with his agent who told him he'd be receiving notice to give back the unearned portion of that $3.4 million signing bonus and suddenly he's much less eager to retire.

If he just sticks it out for a few more weeks he'll probably be cut -- or perhaps he'll be cut in the pre-season. Either way, he keeps all his money and can probably get a try-out with some other team.

After all, there's always some team willing to try out other team's busts in the hopes of finding some potential. He was highly recruited out of college. There might still be a roster spot for him in the NFL.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Those who sacrifice more and get paid less are the reason he is wildly overpaid.

Pro athletes are blamed by the common working class for the money they are paid.

Meanwhile those responsible for the system laugh at us for arguing about it..
                          Actually, I don't contribute any money to professional sports. I like sports, and I don't mind that people make money at it, but when I see colleges graduate the barely educated (more than a few) and hand them over to the NFL for instant millionaire status where they can concentrate on ego enlargement (more of these guys every year) then I resolve not to let my money be part of the problem. I'm not meaning to imply Jarvis is on a level with Ochocinco. I mean to imply he's not on a level with Hillis or the other Broncos busting their butts to create a great ball club.

Comment

Working...
                          X