McDaniels Gets Tough on Tackling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Mindset and Conditioning

The defense needs to adopt the mindset of the best in the business.

Dawk worked in a great system.

The Steelers were in full contact mode this weekend.

Fundamentals, Conditioning, Scheme and Attitude adjustments are needed.

The attitude may just be a reminder that this is a physical sport. \\
    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
      Just to play Devils Advocate here:

What if Champ Bailey dislocates his elbow tackling Jabar Gaffney?

What if DJ Williams blows out an ACL going after Correll Buckhalter?

What if Eddie Royal breaks a bone after being hit by Dawk?

There is a big difference between playing 100% in baseball and 100% in football.

Injuries are a big part of the game. And practicing full speed increases the chance for injury. What if we lose one of our most important pieces due to a practice injury.

Nic Clemons has gone down already. What is someone more important is next?

There has to be some middle ground. Go 75%. But save the 100% for the field.

If you expend all of your energy right now, coudlnt that be just is bad for the end of the season as being under trained? Isnt there a possibility they will be exhausted by week 10?
      sorry, but i like that were tackling, there grown men, its NFL, marshall got injuted at home.. champ isnt practicing, he's recovering from surgery, im sure hes on the side lines.. I like the tackling in practice I 100% suport it, its the only way to get ur team Tougher and ready. other things are just studying your footwork, and technique. Im sure injury wont happen, isnt that what the pads are for. geeez people get worried too much. relax.. let him coach, hes the one who went to colledge, and coached with NE.
      Last edited by Denver-boy; 08-02-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver-boy View Post
        sorry, but i like that were tackling, there grown men, its NFL, marshall got injuted at home.. champ inst practicing, he's recovering from surgery, im sure hes on the side lines.. I like the tackling in practice I 100% suport it, its the only way to get ur team Tougher and ready. other things are just studying your footwork, and technique. Im sure injury wont happen, isnt that what the pads are for. geeez people get worried too much.
        Im not worried. I actually like the tackling. But as I said, it was Devil's Advocate. All intended to stimulate discussion.
        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Im not worried. I actually like the tackling. But as I said, it was Devil's Advocate. All intended to stimulate discussion.
          O ok, Idk i thought a Defense was sad last year. are rushing has to get better. alot of the times i wondered if if some of starts are scared to tackle, it kinda gets u prepared for gameday, so u dont look clueless on how to tackle. if u want no injurys in practice maybe u let Dawkins sit out. lol

Comment

What if?

What if Champ Bailey dislocates his elbow tackling Jabar Gaffney?

What if DJ Williams blows out an ACL going after Correll Buckhalter?

What if Eddie Royal breaks a bone after being hit by Dawk?
            What if Napoleon had a B-52 at Waterloo?
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              What if Napoleon had a B-52 at Waterloo?
              Wouldnt have made it off the ground because there was no jet fuel back then.

Or runways.

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

this is good. our tackling has been garbage...

if they can't tackle in practice without getting hurt, what makes them think they can play a game without getting hurt?
                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                  You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't like to hit people and get hit, you don't have a place on ANY NFL defense.
                  PRIMETIME might have a word or two to say about that!
                  "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Just another hint that McD doesn't want to see anything like the last 3 years defenses. This is definitely good news as I think that Shanny was starting to get pretty soft in practice and that could easily be seen on the field. Yes, there comes a point where you overdo hitting and tackling but the Broncos are far far far FAR from that point. When you were as bad as we were last year its better to risk injuries in practice to get mentally and physically TOUGHER. At least tougher than giving up 52 points in a must win game against your division rival..

Comment

Working...
                    X