Moreno to follow in foot steps of previous 12th Overall Draft Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moreno to follow in foot steps of previous 12th Overall Draft Picks

I was looking at the draft picks in the 1st round on nfl.com( because i cant remember any of them lol ) and I noticed that Ryan Clady was taken 12th Pick Overall, just like Moreno. So I decided to go back to 2000 and here are the players. I will also do Robert Ayers so that will mean i will do 18th overall now.

12th ( Moreno )
    ---------------------
    2000 = Saun Ellis -
    2001 = Damione Lewis
    2002 = Wendell Bryant
    2003 = Jimmy Kennedy
    2004 = Jonathan Vilma
    2005 = Shawn Merriman
    2006 = Haloti Ngata
    2007 = Marshawn Lynch
    2008 = Ryan Clady

18th ( Ayers )
    ---------------------
    2000 = Chad Pennington
    2001 = Jeff Backus
    2002 = T.J. Duckett
    2003 = Calvin Pace
    2004 = Will Smith
    2005 = Erasmus James
    2006 = Bobby Carpenter
    2007 = Leon Hill
    2008 = Joe Flacco

37th ( Alphonso Smith )
    ---------------------
    2000 = Travis Calridge
    2001 = Idreese Bashir
    2002 = Andre Gurode
    2003 = Jonathan Stinchcomb
    2004 = Teddy Lehman
    2005 = Shaun Cody
    2006 = Jimmy Williams
    2007 = Eric Weedle
    2008 = Curtis Lofton

48th ( Darcel McBath )
    ---------------------
    2000 = Jason Webster
    2001 = Matt Light
    2002 = Reche Caldwell
    2003 = Chris Kelsay
    2004 = Dontarrious Thomas
    2005 = Odell Thurman
    2006 = Cedric Griffan
    2007 = Justin Durent
    2008 = Fred Davis

Based on the previous selections, how do you think Moreno & Others will do this year?
    Last edited by Broncos Super Bowl Bound; 08-04-2009, 06:59 PM. Reason: so i wont make another thread
    sigpic

With Players Like Champ Baily, D.J. Williams, Brian Dawksin, Elvis Dumervil, Ryan Clady, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Casey Wiegmann, Peyton Hillis, Tony Scheffler, Daniel Graham, Wesley Woodyard, Knowshon Moreno, and a host of other great players ... there is no reason that the Broncos arent Superbowl Bound!

Its completely irrelevant seeing as how they all play different positions...

Comment

i certainly hope like last years 12th pick that moreno has the best year of anyone at his position. that would be a nice to say the least

Comment

Damn I am still bitter about the 2007 draft. (1st round at least)

Comment

interesting. looks like the 12th pick has been on a winning streak since vilma. although that has nothing to do with moreno
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
            Its completely irrelevant seeing as how they all play different positions...
            i was going to say something about that seeing as how there in only one rb in there lol but i decided to put based on 12th overall picks. ryan clady had a great rookie year and merriman is leader on defense now ( did he have a good rookie year?)
            sigpic

With Players Like Champ Baily, D.J. Williams, Brian Dawksin, Elvis Dumervil, Ryan Clady, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Casey Wiegmann, Peyton Hillis, Tony Scheffler, Daniel Graham, Wesley Woodyard, Knowshon Moreno, and a host of other great players ... there is no reason that the Broncos arent Superbowl Bound!

Comment

Anyone wonder what might have been if we would have drafted Ngata instead of Cutler?

I really liked it when we drafted Cutler, but I was really high on Ngata that year, and look at what he turned into.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                Anyone wonder what might have been if we would have drafted Ngata instead of Cutler?

I really liked it when we drafted Cutler, but I was really high on Ngata that year, and look at what he turned into.
                That's what I initially thought when we traded Jay...we gave up a lot to get him (2 first rounders and a third was it?) and passed on guys like Ngata who maybe would've helped more in 06. I don't know, it's a bit pointless to speculate, but a little distressing nonetheless.
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I doubt we would have drafted Ngata, I think Shanahan would have chosen Bunkley. But yes, QB was not a need when we drafted Cutler, just like Moreno. But it's the 1st round and in both situations we went for the best player available according to our board, trying to get someone who can really make a difference. Damn, Ngata would be sweeeet...
                  sigpic

Comment

Broncos Super Bowl Bound

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                      Broncos Super Bowl Bound

yeeeeaaaaa

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Super Bowl Bound View Post
                        yeeeeaaaaa

That was a pretty good thread idea BSBB .... Just to see who was the 12th and 18ths and what they did in comparison ...To see how much value the teams drafting in them spots got with the picks ... Nothing easy about the NFL draft ....

I was going to post my thoughts on that but I liked the sound of your name better ...
                        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Damn, I was just thinking the same thing.

Fixing the defense or getting a true feature back would have been the best thing to do then.

When you go 13-3, you don't draft a quarterback in the the first round the next year. As poorly as Plummer played in the AFCCG, it wasn't entirely his fault they lost that game. If they had a defense that could apply pressure from the inside and without blitzing every time, they would have had a chance in that game.

Let's not also forget the lucky play the Steelers had when Champ almost had the interception that would have gone for a touchdown but Ward was able to hold his concentration and catch the ball. If Champ had been able to make that play, the game would have been a lot tighter.

In all fairness though, I wasn't exactly disappointed in them for drafting Cutler. I was happy with the upgrade at quarterback.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I do. When we traded up that year, I was certain it was for either Ngata or Bunkley and I was hoping for the former. While I could understand Shanahan's logic having seen Plummer cost us a SB trip a few months ago, I didn't like the pick at the time. Not only was I really high on Ngata that year like you, I also didn't think too highly of Cutler (primarily because I didn't think we would be drafting a QB and didn't know much about him).

With that said, both Cutler and Ngata are among the best young players at their respective positions. In that situation, the QB is the better pick.

And for all we know, if we had drafted Ngata, we probably would have hired someone like Spagnuolo as head coach this season, who would have pissed off and traded the franchise NT.
                            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                              I do. When we traded up that year, I was certain it was for either Ngata or Bunkley and I was hoping for the former. While I could understand Shanahan's logic having seen Plummer cost us a SB trip a few months ago, I didn't like the pick at the time. Not only was I really high on Ngata that year like you, I also didn't think too highly of Cutler (primarily because I didn't think we would be drafting a QB and didn't know much about him).

With that said, both Cutler and Ngata are among the best young players at their respective positions. In that situation, the QB is the better pick.

And for all we know, if we had drafted Ngata, we probably would have hired someone like Spagnuolo as head coach this season, who would have pissed off and traded the franchise NT.
                              LOL! Fair enough.....
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X