No announcement yet.

Wow JMD on Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally see Gaffney as our number 2 guy because McD will really enjoy moving Eddie around to get him as effective as possible no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
      I'm pretty sure Gaffney is going to play the slot and Marshall and Royal will be # 1/2.

I think the depth chart looks like this:

Marshall
      Royal
      Gaffney
      McKinley
      Stokley
      (someone else like Chad Jackson or a specialty guy)
      Gaffney isn't rubbish. I'm just going off of what I'm hearing from the beat guys at training camp. What they're saying is that Gaffney is best served in the slot and that's where he has been playing.

Eddie Royal can tear it up being the 1 or 2 guy (see: Oakland Week 1). I don't think Gaffney is as good as the number 2 WR and Stokley certainly isn't a number 2 WR. McKinley could handle it, but I doubt he sees the number two spot this year.
      Gaffney is not a slot receiver. Haven't you been paying attention to New England the last couple of years? Welker and Moss on the outside in 2 receiver sets, then in 3 receiver sets Welker slides into the slot while Gaffney plays the other outside position.

Gaffney has ideal size for an outside receiver, but doesn't have the quickness that you look for in a slot receiver. That's why people compare Eddie Royal's role to that of Wes Welker.

And you actually believe Stokley would fall down to 5th on the depth chart? Insane dude

I agree though, I feel we'll keep 6 receivers (Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokley, McKinley, Jackson), but if we only keep 5 receivers I feel that Jackson has the upper hand over McKinley.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        "I like Eddie Royal......A LOT"

Sounds like a man-crush if you ask me

Royal is a class act. Gotta love the dude.
        I'm glad we drafted Eddie as well, I was heartbroken when he had to leave Tech through. Eddie is a one of a kind athlete!
        sigpic

Comment

Gaffney is not a slot receiver. Haven't you been paying attention to New England the last couple of years? Welker and Moss on the outside in 2 receiver sets, then in 3 receiver sets Welker slides into the slot while Gaffney plays the other outside position.

Gaffney has ideal size for an outside receiver, but doesn't have the quickness that you look for in a slot receiver. That's why people compare Eddie Royal's role to that of Wes Welker.

And you actually believe Stokley would fall down to 5th on the depth chart? Insane dude

I agree though, I feel we'll keep 6 receivers (Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokley, McKinley, Jackson), but if we only keep 5 receivers I feel that Jackson has the upper hand over McKinley.
          What I've heard from guys like Cecil Lammey who are on the field every day watching these guys is that Gaffney has been playing the slot. And that he has looked really good doing it.

"I could see Marshall walking after this year and McKinley stepping into the starting role opposite Eddie Royal. Gaffney is best used as a slot receiver."

"I agree about Gaffney, he's a very good slot receiver and should stay that way."'

Its not too hard to believe that Stokley could be number 5. Gaffney could easily pass him on the chart if he continues to impress like he has so far and McKinley is good enough too. Its not so much a knock on Stokes but more of a testament to how good the other receivers are.
          sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I was not pleased when we took Eddie last year. I thought we wasted a pick on a return man when we desperately needed defense.

Happily I have eaten my words and stuffed my size 14 shoe in my mouth on that one.

He has proven me wrong in every respect and I couldnt be happier to see him in a Broncos uniform.
            A book I wrote

Comment

"I like Eddie Royal......A LOT"

Sounds like a man-crush if you ask me

Royal is a class act. Gotta love the dude.
              Captain Subtext: "I saw Eddie Royal running routes at camp and....

I jizzed in my pants"
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Gaffney is not a slot reciever, but eddie royal is, which is why eddie will be in the slot on 3 reciever sets

Comment

What I've heard from guys like Cecil Lammey who are on the field every day watching these guys is that Gaffney has been playing the slot. And that he has looked really good doing it.

"I could see Marshall walking after this year and McKinley stepping into the starting role opposite Eddie Royal. Gaffney is best used as a slot receiver."

"I agree about Gaffney, he's a very good slot receiver and should stay that way."'

Its not too hard to believe that Stokley could be number 5. Gaffney could easily pass him on the chart if he continues to impress like he has so far and McKinley is good enough too. Its not so much a knock on Stokes but more of a testament to how good the other receivers are.
                  How? Cecil Lammey is dumb, because Brandon Marshall has barely even worked his way back into the 1st team offense, and Jabar Gaffney has been the #2 receiver for most of minicamp and the start of training camp.

I understand that it isn't you saying it, but Cecil Lammey is wrong. Gaffney is an outside receiver, and has been one since he's actually been productive with New England.

sigpic

Comment

How? Cecil Lammey is dumb, because Brandon Marshall has barely even worked his way back into the 1st team offense, and Jabar Gaffney has been the #2 receiver for most of minicamp and the start of training camp.

I understand that it isn't you saying it, but Cecil Lammey is wrong. Gaffney is an outside receiver, and has been one since he's actually been productive with New England.
                    Cecil Lammey is probably the most knowledgeable guy that covers the Broncos. The guy knows what hes talking about. And if Gaffney has been practicing in the slot and playing well there, he's obviously getting some consideration.

We'll find out come September but that's just what I've been hearing.
                    sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Eddie Royal is great can't wait to see him this season! Keep up the hard work Eddie!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Cecil Lammey is probably the most knowledgeable guy that covers the Broncos. The guy knows what hes talking about. And if Gaffney has been practicing in the slot and playing well there, he's obviously getting some consideration.

We'll find out come September but that's just what I've been hearing.
                        I guess somebody needs to explain to Cecil Lammey that the "slot" is the inside receiver, nearest to the offensive line.

Gaffney is an outside receiver, and has been one since he actually became a productive wideout for New England. Sure, he might line up occasionally, emphasis on occasionally, in the slot, but he's an outside receiver.

The only slot receiver I know that has that kind of size that is actually decent is Dewayne Jarrett in Carolina. That's it. Why? Because slot receivers are wide receivers with speed, quickness, and most of the time also have the ability to return kicks and punts.

HELP FROM SOMEBODY WHO HAS ATTENDED CAMP

Can anybody tell us where Jabar Gaffney has been playing??? Does he line up in the slot the majority of the time? A response would be appreciated. Thanks

:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

I have to laugh when I read Bears fans stating that Royal was just a product of Cutler. Shanahan and the Goodmans hit a bullseye with Royal. Very smart, learned the offense pretty fast, very good routes, good separation, elite character and work ethic. Not to mention his toughness and strenght for a guy of his stature.
                          sigpic

Comment

Eddie's the man. Straight Up.
                            2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

Comment

what r u talking about mcdaniels hates the man. he dropped one whole pass in the redzone.
                              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Eddie is boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X