No announcement yet.

Wow JMD on Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you have to make two lists. One that has Marshall playing and one that has Marshall not playing. The reason is you see what happened to Plexico today. He is probably done for at least one season. Marshall has a potential injury problem and Marshall wants to be traded as well, so you have three reasons to want a different list that doesn't include Brandon Marshall.

As I have often said Brandon Marshall is on the edge with respect to the courts and the commissioner. He needs to keep a very low profile and they want to try to stretch this thing out as far as they can.

Plexico supposidly diden't take his lawyer's advice on stretching it out and he put the nail in his own coffen. Marshall has had a propensity to be self destructive. Need I say more.

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
      What I've heard from guys like Cecil Lammey who are on the field every day watching these guys is that Gaffney has been playing the slot. And that he has looked really good doing it.

"I could see Marshall walking after this year and McKinley stepping into the starting role opposite Eddie Royal. Gaffney is best used as a slot receiver."

"I agree about Gaffney, he's a very good slot receiver and should stay that way."'

Its not too hard to believe that Stokley could be number 5. Gaffney could easily pass him on the chart if he continues to impress like he has so far and McKinley is good enough too. Its not so much a knock on Stokes but more of a testament to how good the other receivers are.
      If Brandon Stokley really is the 5th best receiver on your team, you're stacked.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
        I'm pretty sure Gaffney is going to play the slot and Marshall and Royal will be # 1/2.

I think the depth chart looks like this:

Marshall
        Royal
        Gaffney
        McKinley
        Stokley
        (someone else like Chad Jackson or a specialty guy)

I would say the depth chart ultimately will look like

marshall
        Royal
        Gaffney
        Stokley
        Lloyd
        McKinley or jackson with edge to Mckinley
        "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
          I would say the depth chart ultimately will look like

marshall
          Royal
          Gaffney
          Stokley
          Lloyd
          McKinley or jackson with edge to Mckinley
          You guys are on crack if you think Gaffney will pass Stokley.

Stokley was money for us last year and this year I see the same.

Gaffney will be riding the bench unless we go to 4 WR or Marshall has more "issues"

and for the "he was lining up at X posistion at TC"

It is TRAINING CAMP people. Not even preseason yet.

You must think you can predict the lottery numbers if you think you can pick the depth chart on the regular season by watching TC practices.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            You guys are on crack if you think Gaffney will pass Stokley.

Stokley was money for us last year and this year I see the same.

Gaffney will be riding the bench unless we go to 4 WR or Marshall has more "issues"

and for the "he was lining up at X posistion at TC"

It is TRAINING CAMP people. Not even preseason yet.

You must think you can predict the lottery numbers if you think you can pick the depth chart on the regular season by watching TC practices.
            Gaffney is an outside reciever, stokely is a slot reciever, so technically eddie royal passed up stokely

Comment

I think Eddie will playing as our #2 when we play two WR sets. He'll move into the slot when we get into three receiver sets.

He may also stay at #2 and we'll have Stokely come in as #3.

There is going to be a lot of different sets being played this year and Eddie is probably going to be the center piece. In the TC reports he is being used in a bunch of screens as well as on deep routes.

We should look for Marshall to be our quick slant guy and Eddie as the guy who mixes things up.

Comment

Yeah dude, he was giggling like a little school girl when Eddie was brought up

I really don't see Royal having less than 100 catches or 1000 yards this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Gaffney is an outside reciever, stokely is a slot reciever, so technically eddie royal passed up stokely
                  exactly and thats exactly why i listed them that way .

Marshall,Royal, Gaffney the top 3

Lloyd,Stoke,Mckinley the second 3

Lloyd is great on the outside so I could see him ultimately subbing for marshall or Gaffney at various times

Stoke is great in the slot so he subs Royal and gets plenty of action in the 4 wide sets

I think it still hasnt sunk in with some that the base set of the offense is a single back 3 wide .
                  "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

I think we will have the same setup as last year
                    1. Marshall
                    2. Royal
                    Slot/3. Stokes
                    4. Gaffney
                    5. Jackson
                    Mckinley Practice squad.

Comment

Heres an interesting formation....

What if Marshall played slot and split Royal wide? Marshall may not have the same quickness and speed as Royal, but he is a damn big target.
                      Advocate: Pistol Formation

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

sigpic
                      Eddie Royal!

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                        I think we will have the same setup as last year
                        1. Marshall
                        2. Royal
                        Slot/3. Stokes
                        4. Gaffney
                        5. Jackson
                        Mckinley Practice squad.
                        Based on New England's propensities, there's a very good chance we keep at least 6 WR on the roster, with 7 an outside possibility. I'm in the McKinley camp, with Lloyd likely being on the outside looking in. In fact, if we keep 7, I think it might be to keep Nate Swift for special teams and to develop as a receiver. He's gotten a few good words out of camp that I've noticed. Either way, I think Lloyd's the odd man out. That would just be too many Brandons at WR.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X