Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Greisen Tears ACL, Done For Season. Lee Robinson Anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Greisen Tears ACL, Done For Season. Lee Robinson Anybody?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...and-notes.html

Denver reserve linebacker Nick Greisen tore his ACL and will be likely be lost for the season, sources close to the situation said. Greisen was injured in Denver's morning practice Monday.
    This opens up a door for Lee Robinson to make the roster as the 5th Inside Linebacker IMO, behind Wesley Woodyard and Spencer Larsen.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

I think guys like Lee Robinson and Mario Haggan can play both OLB and ILB so they have a good chance of making the final roster. Just like it is valuable to have a lineman that can play NT and DE.
    sigpic

Comment

Nick Griesen was good depth.
      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...and-notes.html

This opens up a door for Lee Robinson to make the roster as the 5th Inside Linebacker IMO, behind Wesley Woodyard and Spencer Larsen.
        I had Robinson beating out Greisen even before the injury. Greisen was a very good depth player with 30+ games starting but I just have a feeling about Robinson as a SILB. Too bad for Greisen though, I liked the way he played.
        sigpic

Comment

Well bummer, thanks for the info. wishing him a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            I had Robinson beating out Greisen even before the injury. Greisen was a very good depth player with 30+ games starting but I just have a feeling about Robinson as a SILB. Too bad for Greisen though, I liked the way he played.
            If I remember correctly, he also started for the Giants right?

Yeah Greisen was probably only a special teamer at best, he wasn't going to make an impact on defense IMO. To me, he's just an older, even less athletic version of Spencer Larsen.

Too bad for Greisen. I am also excited for Lee Robinson also. Hopefully he can make this team.

sigpic

Comment

I think he tore it by wiffing on a tackle. I think Darius Walker shook him.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                I think he tore it by wiffing on a tackle. I think Darius Walker shook him.
                Eddie Royal with cheese juked him...hard

http://coloradosportsdesk.com/wp/

In the Linebacker vs. RB/WR drill, Nick Greisen went down to the turf after Eddie Royal put a move on him and had to be carted off the field. I believe his cleat got caught in the turf and might have twisted his knee. Take a look at pictures, they tell the story.

sigpic

Comment

Nick Greisen On IR

Broncos placed LB Nick Greisen (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.
                  Greisen, 30, was carted off the field early in training camp. Depending on the severity of the injury, he may be released with a settlement later on.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=972

Comment

Dang that sucks for him. I'd feel sorta bad if I was Eddie Royal. I'm not saying he did anything wrong, I'd just feel bad.

Comment

what happened? eddie hit him with a shake and bake or what?

Comment

Wait, Eddie caused this injury?

Comment

Yeah. Eddie juked him, and as Griesen tried to recover his cleats got stuck in the turf and messed up his knee.

Again, he didn't do anything wrong by any means, I'd just feel kinda meh if I was him.

Comment

oh... i guess...

Comment

The Broncos signed linebacker Braxton Kelly, who had been with the team for part of their offseason workouts, and he was on the field for Tuesday’s practice.

Kelly took the roster spot created when linebacker Nick Greisen was moved to reserve/injured earlier Tuesday. The Broncos roster stands at 81 players, including unsigned No. 1 draft pick Knowshon Moreno, so the team will have to make a roster move when Moreno signed to get to the maximum of 80 active players for training camp.
                              http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...dd-linebacker/

Braxton is back, at least Woodyard is happy!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X