X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC1
    replied
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    I'm just waiting for either Larsen or Woodyard to take the ILB spot from Andra Davis.
    +1. I think it's only a matter of time before Larsen takes the job in the base package. Unless I'm mistaken, Woodyard replaces him in the nickel package right now.

Leave a comment:

• hilife
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronkster View Post
    Maybe it's because he looks like a cross between Merry (the hobbit) and Marky Mark

So, which one gave birth?

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    He reminds me of Al Wilson, the way he flies around and is always where the ball is. He seems like he could be a strong leader, something our defense is lacking.

Somebody mentioned they would rather have a team with alot of talent instead of high character players. Look at the Bengals the last few years, filled with talented low character players, they've gone nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• expatRick
    replied
    The SILB is the one leaving the field in the nickel so pass defense isn't as much of a liability. I agree that he's on a path to owning that spot for the foreseeable future but for now he can still be a strong contributor backing up both spots and playing special teams.

Leave a comment:

• Username11avail
    replied
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Hmm maybe but Mark Wahlberg is a badass. I'm pretty sure he kills Matt Damon in The Departed.
    yeah ... thats a great movie

Leave a comment:

• PhxBroncofan4
    replied
    I disagree w/you 100%

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
    Don't let sentimentality get in the way of reality. Spencer COULD start in our lineup, but that does not mean he SHOULD start. Larsen is a great role player, and in spot duty, he's the kind of player you WANT to back up your starter.
    Not sentimental at all! He is a PURE & TRUE FOOTBALL PLAYER! Ask any coach in the Pac 10, they will tell you he is a BEAST! Him being slow is a myth, just watch him he plays VERY fast and downhill with many tfls! He has been the best MLB everytime he steps on the field(08/09)! He will do the speaking with his pads! IMO Its to bad he is not focused on only playing LB as learning\playing both ways cannot be easy for a first/second year player. Hell its VERY RARE for vets! Hes an oldschool/throwback player for sure! Josh and Mike both think so anyway.....
    Last edited by PhxBroncofan4; 08-27-2009, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anikai
    replied
    screw Superman, Larsen is the real Man Of Steel. one more year under his belt, and this kid will do some serious damage in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• elecshoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
    Don't let sentimentality get in the way of reality. Spencer COULD start in our lineup, but that does not mean he SHOULD start. Larsen is a great role player, and in spot duty, he's the kind of player you WANT to back up your starter.
    I agree, his speed is going to be a liability in coverage. I liked that he went to Denver, but I've stated before that he's a solid backup that's going to be great on special teams. He's a ball hawk for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Shsonline
    replied
    Originally posted by PhxBroncofan4 View Post
    You are wrong! Spencer is a BEAST and should be starting!! He was one of the best FOOTBALL players Ive ever seen at Arizona in 25 years of playing and watching the Cats!! That includes some VERY good and GREAT NFL LBs(I.E. Briggs, Bruschi,Pierce,B Evans etc)... His forty(very bad form) was the ONLY reason he slipped in the draft! He plays VERY fast, has GREAT instincts hits like a truck and is plain and simple a TRUE football player!! Ive said from day 1 after we drafted him that he WILL shock you with his talent! That we stole him in the 6th rd!

Leave a comment:

• PhxBroncofan4
    replied
    Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
    Larsen is a great kid and has a wonderful work ethic and character. But character doesnt get you to the pro bowl. Talent does. Im not sure Larsen has that. His speed is suspect and that makes him a liability in the passing game.

Dont get me wrong. Im a big fan of Spencer. It just seems like this board would rather have our team made up of good charcter guys that go 3-13 rather than have talented football players that win games.

The airforce academy is full of charcater guys...but they will never win the national championship.
    You are wrong! Spencer is a BEAST and should be starting!! He was one of the best FOOTBALL players Ive ever seen at Arizona in 25 years of playing and watching the Cats!! That includes some VERY good and GREAT NFL LBs(I.E. Briggs, Bruschi,Pierce,B Evans etc)... His forty(very bad form) was the ONLY reason he slipped in the draft! He plays VERY fast, has GREAT instincts hits like a truck and is plain and simple a TRUE football player!! Ive said from day 1 after we drafted him that he WILL shock you with his talent! That we stole him in the 6th rd!

Leave a comment:

• shafer
    replied
    Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    . You'tr not going to see an AFA Cadet at 6-8 330lbs are you?
    Yeah, it would be a ***** to eject a guy that had to shoehorn into the cockpit.

Leave a comment:

• FlyByU
    replied
    I think Larsen will be starter before the year is over he is to good to be sitting on the bench as backup... If he isn’t then maybe the coach needs evaluated he he.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I beg to differ!

Larsen is a great kid and has a wonderful work ethic and character. But character doesnt get you to the pro bowl. Talent does. Im not sure Larsen has that. His speed is suspect and that makes him a liability in the passing game.
    Spencer Larsen has the talent to find the guy with the ball and hit the crap out of him. Broncos D needs solid run D. That's the basis of all successful defenses.

At San Francisco last week, he was the leading tackler.

Switching from a split-front/4-3 to a 3-4 D will actually help Spencer play better.

Remember '08? Spencer Larsen was the best MLB who lined up for the Broncos last year.

The Broncos need more Spencer Larsen/Peyton Hillis/Wesley Woodyard types ... you know, football players. :salute!:
    Last edited by samparnell; 08-22-2009, 12:20 PM. Reason: comma

Leave a comment:

• datsyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    I think you're way wrong. I'm glad you're not evaluating talent for a living

Talent is what got Larsen in the NFL. To play both sides of the ball in the NFL requires a lot more than just character.
    The guy had his name in the PAC-10 and Arizona SD record books as one of the best tacklers in school history. I think in his senior year he was like 3rd in the NATION in tackles

In the Pros, what I've seen is talent and great side-to-side pursuit speed
    The guy is more talent than character. The fact that he's a nice, polite young man, doesn't have to necessarily take away from his natural football skills

The Air Force. My God, please DO NOT insult the intelligence of people here. Please STOP!
    Of course the AFA Football team has character, of course they're never going to win big. There are physical limitation to be a cadet. You'tr not going to see an AFA Cadet at 6-8 330lbs are you?
    Well said, sir. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Pure Vida: is it talented, non-character guys like Brandon Marshall you want? Because that makes sense. I'm sure he'll have a bigger night than Larsen against the Seahawks...

Leave a comment:

• dragster69
    replied

Dont get me wrong. Im a big fan of Spencer. It just seems like this board would rather have our team made up of good charcter guys that go 3-13 rather than have talented football players that win games.

The airforce academy is full of charcater guys...but they will never win the national championship.
    I think you're way wrong. I'm glad you're not evaluating talent for a living

Talent is what got Larsen in the NFL. To play both sides of the ball in the NFL requires a lot more than just character.
    The guy had his name in the PAC-10 and Arizona SD record books as one of the best tacklers in school history. I think in his senior year he was like 3rd in the NATION in tackles

In the Pros, what I've seen is talent and great side-to-side pursuit speed
    The guy is more talent than character. The fact that he's a nice, polite young man, doesn't have to necessarily take away from his natural football skills

The Air Force. My God, please DO NOT insult the intelligence of people here. Please STOP!
    Of course the AFA Football team has character, of course they're never going to win big. There are physical limitation to be a cadet. You'tr not going to see an AFA Cadet at 6-8 330lbs are you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X