X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will you learn???

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...7nflnotes.html

Get Dante

The Denver Broncos are fixated on stopping Kansas City Chiefs returner Dante Hall today. The first time the teams played, they were both 4-0. Hall's 93-yard punt return, perhaps the play of the year, was the difference in the Chiefs' 24-23 victory. The Chiefs are 6-1 since that game. The Broncos are 3-4.

Said Broncos returner Reuben Droughns: "Now is our time to try to get back on him and try to make some plays on him."

Hall, who tied the NFL record of four consecutive games with touchdown returns in the Denver game, has not scored on a return since, on 38 combined returns. His averages have dipped as well -- from 32.7 yards to 22.2 yards on kick returns, and 21.6 to 15.1 on punt returns.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds to me like you're gonna be kicking to Dante again.

and...?

what exactly are supposed to learn from your statement?

Comment

Re: When will you learn???

Originally posted by NYCHIEFSFAN
      Hall, who tied the NFL record of four consecutive games with touchdown returns in the Denver game, has not scored on a return since, on 38 combined returns. His averages have dipped as well -- from 32.7 yards to 22.2 yards on kick returns, and 21.6 to 15.1 on punt returns.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds to me like you're gonna be kicking to Dante again.
      It sounds to me like the NFL has caught up to Dante. Everyone has preferences and tendencies, and the league has learned Dante's. I would be naive to say that Dante won't return another kick for a touchdown, but teams (Denver included) aren't gonna sacrifice field position to stop a guy that the league has gotten a better handle of especially since KC has such a potent offense.
      sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Re: and...?

Originally posted by Number7_4ever
        what exactly are supposed to learn from your statement?
        Said Broncos returner Reuben Droughns: "Now is our time to try to get back on him and try to make some plays on him."

If you're gonna try to make some plays on Hall, that means you'll be kicking to him, to which I'm grateful to hear. To me, it sounds like they dont respect him very much as a kick returner.

Comment

Mike had planned to kick to him all along, he thought that the Broncos did a good job last time containing him, except for when things went to hell in a handbag on his 93 yard runback. (cough clip cough)

What they want to do is kick to one side of the field to get better containment, when you kick in the middle Dante can break either way, kick it to one side and use the sideline to help corral him.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I think the most telling explanation of Hall's return in the Denver game came from Hall and was later confirmed by Denver.

Hall broke a team rule by fielding the punt in the first place, inside the 10. Then he violated further team rules by running backward almost into his own end zone. The rest of the return went pretty well for him, but he would have had his butt chewed had he not returned it at least back to the 20.

I don't think the Broncos thought he would try to run that one back, as most people wouldn't.

Freak play, all the way around.
            Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Ohio Broncos,
              You say

It sounds to me like the NFL has caught up to Dante. Everyone has preferences and tendencies, and the league has learned Dante's. I would be naive to say that Dante won't return another kick for a touchdown, but teams (Denver included) aren't going to sacrifice field position to stop a guy that the league has gotten a better handle of especially since KC has such a potent offense.
              The only problem with this is they have sacrificed field position to stop him. If you check the average punts against the Chiefs in the last 5 games every team dropped below their average. Denver’s Game Average is 43.9 against the Chiefs it was 39.6. If you kick to him you have to worry about him breaking one, or a reverse. If you don’t kick to him you will give up field position.
              Never take life seriously.
              Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Blah, blah, Hall, blah blah, blah, Priest's shoulder, blah, blah, blah, 12th man, blah blah. Tomorrow's game means more to Chefs fans than it does to the Chefs. Denver's backs are against the wall. The one and ONLY thing that will decide tomorrow's outcome is how badly Denver wants a playoff spot. If they want it, they'll win. If they don't, they lose. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                X