Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Schefter First Blog (Mentions McDaniels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know about the coaching yet, but he sure in heck cant evaluate talent...
    Plus to me a great coach will adapt his style to fit the talent. Mcdaniels is trying to make the players fit his system.. this usually never works.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
      I dont know about the coaching yet, but he sure in heck cant evaluate talent...
      Plus to me a great coach will adapt his style to fit the talent. Mcdaniels is trying to make the players fit his system.. this usually never works.
      Can you please explain this?

I don't see it that way, and I'm wondering how you do. If you noticed, the plays seriously change a lot with personnel changes. McD never called plays like Cassel was Tom Brady when he was in New England either. So, I guess I don't understand your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        Can you please explain this?

I don't see it that way, and I'm wondering how you do. If you noticed, the plays seriously change a lot with personnel changes. McD never called plays like Cassel was Tom Brady when he was in New England either. So, I guess I don't understand your statement.
        They are the same plays. wr screens, and the whole reason he wanted cassel was because he thought he would run his system better than Cutler.. because cassel would take the dink and dunk all day and Cutler would go for the big play. Cutler is by far a better QB than cassel so if McDaniels was good instead of trying to get cassel he would of tweeked his offense to fit Cutlers strenths.
        And again when the trade did go down, instead of getting the more talented QB in Jason Cambell, he went for Orton, who by most accounts is a lesser QB because he supposedly fit his system better.
        He drafts a blocking TE in the 2nd round because thats what new england used instead of focusing on the fact that he has a very talented TE in sheffler that he could take advantage of. and now sheffler has all but disapeared. And now you got the Marshall situation and hes going to try to convince you gaffney is just as good and fits his system when he gets rid of Brandon,
        So basicly He will have gotten rid of 3 of the most talented players on the team for lesser players that fit his system. ( I know sheffler is still hear, but it seems like hes being phased out because we are spreading wrs everywhere)

Sorry, a little long, but thats what im seeing with them.

On the bright side, they are changing over the talent on defense to fit there new system, but the big differance there was that there was no talent on defense, so its an upgrade in system and in talent at the same time.
        sigpic

Comment

I will be the first to admit that I was furious when McDaniels and Cutler had their soap opera....

I was calling for McDaniels head before he even stepped on the field as our coach....

I will be the first to eat crow! I like what he has done so far....

Although I don't think we will fair all that well this year, I think McDaniels will be a mainstay on this organization as our coach for years to come.

He WILL find us our QB and implement a productive offense. The one thing I love about McDaniels is that he is an offensive genius and leaves the defense up to somebody else.

McDaniels will get us to the playoffs and make us a contender....It's just a matter of time. :go:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
            Please, there's no way Josh McDaniels took the Denver job thinking QB was an area of need....no way in this lifetime. There is absolutely no way Pat Bowlen would have hired him. I'm as upset about Cutler being gone as the next guy but he didn't simply get rid of Cutler. You sound like you work for NFL Network. Stnzed, are you Jamie Dukes????
            I have zero doubt that McDaniels went into the off-season knowing that whatever job he took he was going to try and get Matt Cassell.......even after that backfired on him, he simply got rid of Jay Cutler.

I honestly think Pat Bowlen is broke, and I think he knows that the contract Cassel would sign would pale in comparison to the contract Cutler would get if he played out his contract in Denver.......even after that backfired on him, he simply got rid of Jay Cutler.

I do not work for NFLN, but I work as hard as anybody there to know what I'm talking about, and I haven't been able to take anything that comes out of Dove Valley at face value for about a decade.......
            Last edited by stnzed; 08-28-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
              They are the same plays. wr screens, and the whole reason he wanted cassel was because he thought he would run his system better than Cutler.. because cassel would take the dink and dunk all day and Cutler would go for the big play. Cutler is by far a better QB than cassel so if McDaniels was good instead of trying to get cassel he would of tweeked his offense to fit Cutlers strenths.
              And again when the trade did go down, instead of getting the more talented QB in Jason Cambell, he went for Orton, who by most accounts is a lesser QB because he supposedly fit his system better.
              He drafts a blocking TE in the 2nd round because thats what new england used instead of focusing on the fact that he has a very talented TE in sheffler that he could take advantage of. and now sheffler has all but disapeared. And now you got the Marshall situation and hes going to try to convince you gaffney is just as good and fits his system when he gets rid of Brandon,
              So basicly He will have gotten rid of 3 of the most talented players on the team for lesser players that fit his system. ( I know sheffler is still hear, but it seems like hes being phased out because we are spreading wrs everywhere)

Sorry, a little long, but thats what im seeing with them.

On the bright side, they are changing over the talent on defense to fit there new system, but the big differance there was that there was no talent on defense, so its an upgrade in system and in talent at the same time.

Seems to me you should apply as a coach with all of the vast knowledge of football that you have. I mean what does Bill Belichik and Tom Brady know about Mcdaniels anway? Oh, didn't see how they praised his ability as a coach?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                I have zero doubt that McDaniels went into the off-season knowing that whatever job he took he was going to try and get Matt Cassell.......even after that backfired on him, he simply got rid of Jay Cutler.

I honestly think Pat Bowlen is broke, and I think he knows that the contract Cassel would sign would pale in comparison to the contract Cutler would get if he played out his contract in Denver.......even after that backfired on him, he simply got rid of Jay Cutler.

I do not work for NFLN, but I work as hard as anybody there to know what I'm talking about, and I haven't been able to take anything that comes out of Dove Valley at face value for about a decade.......

I don't think Bowlen's financial situation (whatever it may be) was a factor in making these offseason moves considering that we're paying a HC what 9mil a year to play golf for at least 1 season -maybe 2.

Not sure if that's your point but, financials were likely not the motivating forces in making the big moves we made this year
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  Troy Aikman agrees with you - http://content.usatoday.com/topics/p...5199159.blog/1

I just don't get how it got to that point in such a short period of time," Aikman said. "It seems to me that McDaniels had that in mind before he even got that job. That's what was bizarre to me."
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                    Adam Schefter > Al Davis

everybody and everything > Al Davis

Comment

Working...
                    X