Couple of observations on the new depth chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of observations on the new depth chart

1. This is a REVOLUTIONARY new system seeing as McD has 12 starters named on offense. The opponents D will never know what hit them!

Ok, that was sarcasism, but it does seem off to have 12 starters named.

2. What the...... LaMont Jordan is STILL listed higher than Peyton Hillis. You gotta be kidding me?

3. Robert Ayers is listed behind Doom. I thought Ayers was playing on the opposite side of Doom? Or have I just not been paying enough attention? Or am I drunk again?

4. Why did Kenny McKinley COMPLETED drop off the return depth chart?

5. Why is McSmashie not on there somewhere? Does McD know I have my own Fathead already???
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    1. This is a REVOLUTIONARY new system seeing as McD has 12 starters named on offense. The opponents D will never know what hit them!

2. What the...... LaMont Jordan is STILL listed higher than Peyton Hillis. You gotta be kidding me?

3. Robert Ayers is listed behind Doom. I thought Ayers was playing on the opposite side of Doom? Or have I just not been paying enough attention? Or am I drunk again?

5. Why is McSmashie not on there somewhere? Does McD know I have my own Fathead already???
    I've given up on pre-season depth charts personally. They can't be taken seriously until week one, especially when ours(as you mentioned) has twelve starters listed on offense. It also still says it was last updated August 22nd when Marshall was just added as a first stringer today I believe, completely in his own receiver category.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRaptor View Post
      I've given up on pre-season depth charts personally. They can't be taken seriously until week one, especially when ours(as you mentioned) has twelve starters listed on offense. It also still says it was last updated August 22nd when Marshall was just added as a first stringer today I believe, completely in his own receiver category.
      Woah. Another Canuck! CanDB may get jealous.

Yeh, it is a wonky depth chart, I just thought some of it was interesting.

What shall we call this new receiver position? The Ninja Slot? Stealth receiver?
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

1. We will lead the league in penalties with 12 men on the field. Notice how Marshall is isolated as a special WR. Maybe a special slot for who is still stuck in the 1st page of the playbook.

2. Jordan is high. He is actually very high if he thinks he'll make the final roster. Seriously, Hillis and even Walker are running better.

3. Ayers is all around the football field. Haven't you seen? He not even knows his assignments, so he keeps moving around asking where he should be.

4. McKinley failed to take care of the ball so he was punished. And now he's really behind, even a released player, Shelton, is ahead of him.

5. You can try for kicker. Or QB depending on Simms' injury.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post

5. You can try for kicker. Or QB depending on Simms' injury.
          What benefits my Broncos more? My cannon arm or my cannon leg???

Kickers get more girls right??
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

By the way Smashie, it's too bad you never played for the Patriots, otherwise you would already be a Bronco.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              By the way Smashie, it's too bad you never played for the Patriots, otherwise you would already be a Bronco.
              Well I didnt want to embarass Brady by beating him out in open competition. And Welker. Me throwing to myself for a completion in space mid field then burning the oppositions DBs was just too much for the Pats to handle.

Especially once they found out I could long snap the ball to myself, as holder, and kick the extra point all at the same time.

Yes. I am that good.
              sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Woah. Another Canuck! CanDB may get jealous.

Yeh, it is a wonky depth chart, I just thought some of it was interesting.

What shall we call this new receiver position? The Ninja Slot? Stealth receiver?
                I heard we signed Harry Potter so he can carry the ball under his invisibility cloak.

Comment

In all seriousness, I don't really see why a depth chart can't have more than 11 positions on it, at least now. We know there are at least 4 different WR positions. Of course, there might as well be 2 TE positions and a FB, too, for that matter.

Ayers is playing opposite Doom on nickel packages as another pass rusher. His base position, for the most part, has been weak-side OLB. Sometimes on those nickel plays, he has his hand in the dirt, sometimes not.

I noticed that yesterday. The only thing I can figure is that his dropsies earned him a trip to the doghouse. That, or it's an error. Not sure the PR and KR lines should be identical.

Apparently, waffle maker is going the way of the do-do, like FB in this offense. There's no entry for it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                    I heard we signed Harry Potter so he can carry the ball under his invisibility cloak.
                    Didn't he play with the Patriots?

Between McSmashie and Harry Potter on this team....CHAMPIONSHIP!
                    sigpic
                    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                    -Sean Payton

Comment

Kickers get more girls right??
                      They sure do!

To the original point, I'm not all that worried about where Hillis' name appears on the depth chart...just as long as he's on it.

Think about Peyton like the 6th man in basketball. He may get just as much time as a starter, but his role is specialized. He can attack you with the run and he can catch. Heck, he may even be able to throw!

Is there anything this man can't do? He can't fail the Broncos....NOT EVER!

This is still preseason. Once the regular season begins, teams will get a painful reality check from Peyton Hillis.
                      sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                        They sure do!

To the original point, I'm not all that worried about where Hillis' name appears on the depth chart...just as long as he's on it.

Think about Peyton like the 6th man in basketball. He may get just as much time as a starter, but his role is specialized. He can attack you with the run and he can catch. Heck, he may even be able to throw!

Is there anything this man can't do? He can't fail the Broncos....NOT EVER!

This is still preseason. Once the regular season begins, teams will get a painful reality check from Peyton Hillis.

With his pass catching skills, I will not be surprised if he is just flat out used as a combination of TE, HB, FB. Him being in the line up, teams will not know what to make of his roll on any particular play, especially in short yardage and goal line.

I wouln't surprised to see him line up as TE and Sheffler or Graham on the other side with a single back (Moreno) behind there. The defense's head will spin on that line up. While the Pats do have Moss and that gives significant match up problems, the Broncos have Hillis. Mcdaniels I believe is creative enough to add wrinkles into the apread that incorporates his distinct skills.
                        Last edited by thenewera44; 08-26-2009, 08:17 AM.

Comment

A lot of people one here have no clue about pre season football.

Comment

I said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't believe Josh is a good judge of talent. He never gave Hillis the respect he deserved which made me think that Josh never saw those games last year where Hillis had his way.

Josh has a fascination with ex-Patriot players, because if he gives them a second chance on the Broncos he'll have them on his side when the locker room starts to divide.

Jabbar Gaffney dropped 3 passes that hit his hands, one for a TD and why he is still on the first team surprises me.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Everyone excited about Hillis needs to calm down. He's a FB, not a TB, and he'll make the team in that role and see playing time.

Comment

Working...
                              X