sigpic

Dp is reporting we just signed a new qb

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13207579

Broncos sign new QB Ingle Martin
    By Jeff Legwold
    The Denver Post

Posted: 08/26/2009 11:42:03 AM MDT
    Updated: 08/26/2009 12:04:51 PM MDT

Linebacker D.J. Williams of the University of Miami Hurricanes celebrates a sack of quarterback Ingle Martin of the University of Florida Gators on September 6, 2003 at The Orange Bowl in Miami Florida. (Getty Images North America | Eliot J. Schechter)The Broncos signed free agent quarterback Ingle Martin today and plan on playing the veteran in their preseason finale against the Arizona Cardinals Sept. 3.

Martin, who has spent time with the Titans and Chiefs after being a fifth-round pick by the Packers in '06, worked out for the Broncos Tuesday evening.

The team saw enough in the workout to sign Martin this morning. With Chris Simms recovering from a severely sprained left ankle and not expected to play in the remainder of the preseason, Kyle Orton and rookie Tom Brandstater will split time in the preseason game Sunday night against the Bears.

Martin would then be available to play against the Cardinals. Martin attended team meetings this morning and was going to practice.

Anybody knows any stats about this guy?

Comment

Noooooo! We're dooomed! Doooooomed!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Qb signed

Broncos sign new QB Ingle Martin
        By Jeff Legwold
        The Denver Post

Posted: 08/26/2009 11:42:03 AM MDT
        Updated: 08/26/2009 12:04:51 PM MDT

Linebacker D.J. Williams of the University of Miami Hurricanes celebrates a sack of quarterback Ingle Martin of the University of Florida Gators on September 6, 2003 at The Orange Bowl in Miami Florida. (Getty Images North America | Eliot J. Schechter)The Broncos signed free agent quarterback Ingle Martin today and plan on playing the veteran in their preseason finale against the Arizona Cardinals Sept. 3.

Martin, who has spent time with the Titans and Chiefs after being a fifth-round pick by the Packers in '06, worked out for the Broncos Tuesday evening.

The team saw enough in the workout to sign Martin this morning. With Chris Simms recovering from a severely sprained left ankle and not expected to play in the remainder of the preseason, Kyle Orton and rookie Tom Brandstater will split time in the preseason game Sunday night against the Bears.

Martin would then be available to play against the Cardinals. Martin attended team meetings this morning and was going to practice.

Comment

Just a 3rd arm for camp. He will be released at major roster cut down. We need a 3rd QB to run an efficient camp, this is all it is. Order of operations will be Orton -> Brandstater -> Martin until Simms comes back.
          sigpic

Comment

Overall Florida red-shirted Martin in 2001. He played in 12 of 13 games in 2002. While he saw some time at quarterback, Martin was the Gators' starting punter for seven games and saw action at wide receiver in eight games.
            Is there may be another reason we are signing him. Josh lovers versatile players. Is it possible they are looking at him as a backup punter as well. Something obscure, but interesting.

Comment

I honestly don't know anything about this guy.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IbarHarry View Post
                Is there may be another reason we are signing him. Josh lovers versatile players. Is it possible they are looking at him as a backup punter as well. Something obscure, but interesting.
                interesting we could fake punt a lot with him and the TEs

Comment

wait whooo?

Comment

This might be a signal that TOM is heading for the PUP squad as well. The post is speculating he is simply there until Simms is back, but I'm not so certain. Again, Josh is innamerate of players who can play several positions. He loves versatility.

Comment

wait whooo?

Comment

what the heck is an ingle martin

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                          what the heck is an ingle martin
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe an ingle martin was an old, old wooden ship used during the civil war..............:go:

Comment

The sad part about this is his only highlight photo in the Denver Post is of him getting lit up by DJ Williams. LMAO!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...tin~p1_200.jpg

Who knows he may be a decent signing but the least they could do is throw in a pic of him setting up for a pass or maybe a hand-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Army1_Bronco Fan View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe an ingle martin was an old, old wooden ship used during the civil war..............:go:
                              I'd be surprised if netwrok was complaining about a lack of a wooden ship but nice try Ron.
                              A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X