No announcement yet.

To shore up kickoff return, Hillis receives plenty of reps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the thought of Peyton Hillis with the ball in open space. The guy can make some plays.

We know he won't be the starting RB, and will mostly block and catch some balls out of the backfield.

If he can contribute more to the team by returning punts/kickoffs, and get the offense better field postition, I am all for that.

Hillis is a good player. A lot of teams have good players returning kicks: Sproles, Leon Washington, Devin Hester.

If Hillis can help improve field postion...hell yeah!
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer talks to the media after Thursday's practice.

I think this video of coach priefer explains why he wants hillis out there on returns. The last thing he stated was something along the lines that "it all starts with the returner."

Why not get one of your best players out there when you first get the ball?

I really like the idea.

:go:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
        Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer talks to the media after Thursday's practice.

I think this video of coach priefer explains why he wants hillis out there on returns. The last thing he stated was something along the lines that "it all starts with the returner."

Why not get one of your best players out there when you first get the ball?

I really like the idea.

:go:
        Very good find.

I also like this idea. Anything to make the team better.

Good things happen when you have a good returner. Good field postion, the offense gets the ball (since it wasnt fumbled away), and best case...return for touchdown!

We'll see how he does this week vs. Chicago. I think that will be a really good test, as Chicago is known for their special teams.
        sigpic
        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
        -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
        X