Lynch Fined $7500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch Fined $7500

Lynch was fined $7500, but NOT suspended, for his hit on Dante Hall. The fine was NOT for helmet to helmet contact, but for hitting a "defenseless" player....

To Mr. Lynch,
    You have a check for $7500 under my name thanking you for taking out Dante Hall. Please expect another check of $7500 for your hit on Eddie Kennison in Arrowhead later on this season. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Tak
    Rod Smith's response to Clinton Portis about being traded to Washington...

"Why the %^&! did we do that?"

7500 well worth it

Comment

Hahahaahahaha

Comment

If I was Shanny, I would pay for it myself

Comment

Thats not fair - WTF - is this Full Contact Football or are we playing flag all of a sudden - sheesh - hitting a defensless player - what do we need to do, stop, wait until he catches the ball, check with the refs to give the go ahead, then hit him - come on - I can see wanting to protect players but this is ridiculous -

I'm throwing two flags....

Heres one for the refs...........http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/bsflag.gif

and heres one for midget hall......http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/owned.gif

Comment

Re: Lynch Fined $7500

Originally posted by takmart
            Lynch was fined $7500, but NOT suspended, for his hit on Dante Hall. The fine was NOT for helmet to helmet contact, but for hitting a "defenseless" player....

To Mr. Lynch,
            You have a check for $7500 under my name thanking you for taking out Dante Hall. Please expect another check of $7500 for your hit on Eddie Kennison in Arrowhead later on this season. Thank you.

Sincerely,
            Tak
            what exactly does it mean to hit a defenseless player? surely you can always hit someone w/ the ball? i mean, suppose hall had clear possession but was in the same position, would it be considered wrong to hit him then? so does the characterization of him as defenseless mean they are basically saying it was a late hit or unecessary roughness? then why not just say so.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

you know

other than micah knorr limiting hall to just one kick off return after that hit by Lynch, hall was not much of a factor. denver needs to make recievers think about going over the middle. Heh,heh. nfl just likes punishing our DB's don't they?
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I'm just hoping Oakland tries to run Sapp on offense. I'd love to see a hit like that on his fat ass.

Comment

I dunno......Sapp is not fat.....he's gggiiiirrthy.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Lynch Fined $7500

Originally posted by takmart

To Mr. Lynch,

Sincerely,
                    Tak
                    The NFL needs to more clearly define "defenseless player" It wasn't helmet to helmet, and the whistle hadn't blown. Lynch had one a 1/2 steps to try and react. So if he catches it, he is not defenseless? Aren't all recievers defenseless? They can't see who's creeping up behind them.

I know they are trying to protect players from injury, but they need to have a clear cut rule. I don't care if its even neccesarily a fair rule, but it needs to be 100% clear.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

Re: Re: Lynch Fined $7500

Originally posted by mattos
                      what exactly does it mean to hit a defenseless player? surely you can always hit someone w/ the ball? i mean, suppose hall had clear possession but was in the same position, would it be considered wrong to hit him then? so does the characterization of him as defenseless mean they are basically saying it was a late hit or unecessary roughness? then why not just say so.
                      This is a good example of how the Broncos have earned the reputation as the dirtiest team in the league.

Hall did NOT have clear possession. Hall did NOT have the ball. He, in fact, had no chance whatsoever of catching the ball when Lynch speared him with his helmet. The ball was a few inches off the ground. If Lynch had done the right thing, he would have tried to catch the ball. After all, Lynch was in position to make the catch and Hall no longer had any chance.

The fact of the matter is Lynch clearly violated the rules of the game. Whether you LIKE the rules or AGREE with the rules bears no intellectually honest relevancy. In fact, if this exact situation were the opposite (with Lynch wearing a Chief's uniform and Hall wearing a Bronco's uniform), you would no doubt be taking the opposite side.

Lynch is lucky he wasn't suspended and that the fine is so low after a cheap shot like that.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Lynch Fined $7500

Originally posted by Aardwolf
                        This is a good example of how the Broncos have earned the reputation as the dirtiest team in the league.

Hall did NOT have clear possession. Hall did NOT have the ball. He, in fact, had no chance whatsoever of catching the ball when Lynch speared him with his helmet. The ball was a few inches off the ground. If Lynch had done the right thing, he would have tried to catch the ball. After all, Lynch was in position to make the catch and Hall no longer had any chance.

The fact of the matter is Lynch clearly violated the rules of the game. Whether you LIKE the rules or AGREE with the rules bears no intellectually honest relevancy. In fact, if this exact situation were the opposite (with Lynch wearing a Chief's uniform and Hall wearing a Bronco's uniform), you would no doubt be taking the opposite side.

Lynch is lucky he wasn't suspended and that the fine is so low after a cheap shot like that.
                        ???

The ball hit Hall in the hands. How is that not a catchable ball.

I think this isn't a Broncos problem. I think, in general, the league has tried to be tougher on what they deem to be rough play (which is commendable), but as I stated, they need to clearly define what they are looking to eliminate. I have seen many other situations like this the last 5 years or so.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

It's the Kennedy Conspiracy...

What if he caught it?

The it wouldn't be a fine...but a huge gain for the cheifs!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lynch Fined $7500

Originally posted by Jared
                            I think this isn't a Broncos problem.
                            Wrong. If Aardwoof can bash the Broncos about it, then it's the Broncos problem and it proves how evil they really are. Seriously, I wish that guy would just admit he's a Cheesehead and stop pretending to be a fan of the Broncos.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Lynch Fined $7500

Originally posted by Aardwolf

you know as a bronco fan you suck, always negative never positive. wasnt you one saying kc would beat us? the fact is hall made an attemt to catch, touched the ball, and therfore should have been legal hit, hard and brutal but legal. the one fined should be the sap who did go helmet to helmet on Q after he was 3 yards out of bounds. you should go to the raiders board where you belong
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X