No announcement yet.

Fans' Behavior at Games vs Players' Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, those were loud mouth Oakland fans, why should we care?

It's serves them well, they think they are the most feared fan base in the world and WHAM a couple takes a chair. Let that be a lesson to them to not cross the line. It's one thing to distract the players but when you start spitting out racist **** and throwing things, it's time to box.

Ha Ha! @ those Oakland fans.
    D-BLOCK!

That's what it is!

Comment

I hope this player gets totally hosed by this woman in civil court......Fans can say what they want ballplayers make tons of money . Money that is paid to them because of the FANS.
      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Making tons of money still doesn't take the place of racial slurs being spewed your way. You forget were some these players come from. You can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man.
        D-BLOCK!

That's what it is!

Comment

No racial slurs were said if anything inappropriate was said it came from the texas bullpen.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

What the ****?

So he's going to throw a damn chair for nothing? You can give that $hit to the birds.
            D-BLOCK!

That's what it is!

Comment

Re: Fans' Behavior at Games vs Players' Behavior

Originally posted by diesel51
              I want to know how people on here feel about this subject. I was watching ESPN and saw that high(low)light of the Texas Ranger player throwing a chair in the stands and breaking that lady's nose. I then heard the comments made by the man to some reporters at his home while he was on his way to work. And here is what I think...
              Fans need to calm the (explecitive) down. Why do some people feel that they can harass people just because they wear a jersey, uniform, etc.? I mean, I definitely feel sorry for the lady who got her nose broken, but if I was her, I would be pissed at my spouse for contributing to my broken nose. If her husband would have just kept his damn mouth shut, the TR player wouldn't have threw the chair into the stands. I agree that the player should be fined/suspended for his actions, but they should also ban that lady's husband from the stadium from now on as well. Some of the ex-players made a good point in saying that the fans would never say the same negative things to the players faces if they met in the street or at McDonalds or something like that. It is to the point that some fans feel that by purchasing a ticket to a game gives them the right to act like a total jackass. Maybe they should make a rule that says if a fan states something personal about a player, the player then has the right to climb into the stands and either a) receive an apology from the scared crapless fan, or b) one free punch in the nads or face. That would be a real highlight. Anyways, what do ya'll think? Do fans have the right to talk smack to every player they want with no fear of retribution, or should the above propsal be accepted by all leagues?
              ON SportsCenter this morning (9/16), they went over the criminal charges, etc.

The husband was interviewed, (and I am paraphrasing, so I hope I don't misinterpret), and he said that he bought those tickets specifically so that he could heckle players and give the A's an advantage. And that the Rangers and MLB are responsible, but he won't file civil action until after Alameda Co and MLB finish their investiagations. The wife said "she feared for her life, because they were big angry men". He also threatened that the Rangers will pay.

So, my feeling is this. I feel bad for the wife, because she wasn't the one being an ass. I think Alameda County is within their legal right to press charges, although felony battery seems steep (that's mandatory jail time, in CA, I think). And I think that Francisco should be held liable in civil court (if it comes to that), because, sadly, players kind of have to put up with it. Its not a two way street. He should not have picked up that chair.

But this jackass fan needs to look at himself and see that he also holds some responsibility. He intentionally instigated it, and today I saw black and green security jackets telling both guys to chill out, & one guy has his arm around the dude's neck. He can't sit there and say that the ENTIRE Rangers organization and MLB are responsible for his failure to follow a directive from a security agent, while spewing nasty stuff about a players mother, and claim he is faultless and that he has a right to do such things because he buys tickets. I hope a judge throws out his civil case if he files it with those plaintiffs. Using that logic, he might as well sue the A's for not ejecting him (which, BTW, teams should do, but that's another subject entirely).
              Last edited by Jared; 09-16-2004, 09:57 AM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

True the only responsible person for that womans nose is the player who threw the chair......And let me get this out it is stated that no racial slurs were used......but say your in a confrontation verbally and someone calls your a racial name and you retaliate ie chair or your fist or what have you......what happens?.....ONLY YOU GO TO JAIL

Remember this sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

There is no doubt gonna be a civil suit if they do not settle with the couple first - I hate to say it but you can see that these people are out for some $$$$ - I saw the SC thing too, a few times, and the drama is just unbelieveable - this woman saying she was afraid for her life and afraid these big bad baseball players were gonna come into the stands and kill her or whatever - please - I saw the aftermath, her bloody nose and all and there never ever was a time where it looked as this was going full scale riot - and then the attorney for the player - OMG - WTF was that about - total BS - it makes the player look even worse, trying to jstify this whole thing and saying his guy was scared too - just have your dude admit he fuced up, pay these people, and we can all move on

PS - Did you see the size of this woman - I have a feeling she could have taken on a player or two and won -

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                    There is no doubt gonna be a civil suit if they do not

PS - Did you see the size of this woman - I have a feeling she could have taken on a player or two and won -
                    yeah, WTF? Her husbands an alright looking dude. People's taste is just hard to pin.

She could kick my tail, no doubt about it.

And yeah, Francisco's lawyers were weird too, but they are lawyers, that's their job. The guy was just saying this on his own, so was the wife.

"Fear for my life" Yeah, you were just stainding there, admittedly, in pain, but no one was rushing you. I mean, I know Texas law doesn't require a permit to carry concealed, but come on. And, you were in Oakland. I'd more worried about a knucklehead throwing a glass beer bottle or battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      yeah, WTF? Her husbands an alright looking dude. People's taste is just hard to pin.

She could kick my tail, no doubt about it.

And yeah, Francisco's lawyers were weird too, but they are lawyers, that's their job. The guy was just saying this on his own, so was the wife.

"Fear for my life" Yeah, you were just stainding there, admittedly, in pain, but no one was rushing you. I mean, I know Texas law doesn't require a permit to carry concealed, but come on. And, you were in Oakland. I'd more worried about a knucklehead throwing a glass beer bottle or battery.
                      I was thinking the same thing about the husband being a good lookin guy - maybe this whole thing is some kind of scam they do - LMAO

Comment

maybe she ballooned up after having kids or something?

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                          maybe she ballooned up after having kids or something?
                          no booher this woman is not just fat, and she isnt really fat fat per se, she is just big boned - thick - behemoth - large and in charge - - I wouldnt want to **** with her - LOL
                          Last edited by Jared; 09-16-2004, 10:18 AM.

Comment

no booher this woman is not just fat, and she isnt really fat fat per se, she is just big boned - thick - behemoth - large and in charge - - I wouldnt want to **** with her - LOL
                            Last edited by Jared; 09-16-2004, 10:18 AM.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Well, of course not. You're straight!

HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Let me jump in here for a moment.

Someone mentioned free speech. Unless the moron jumped up and yelled fire in the stadium, he is pretty much free to say what ever he wants. Racially, about his mother, ugly sister, he is pretty much fair game.

Now if the fan get up and threatens him that becomes assault in most cities. But to call him a moron without an arm that is
                                another.

If the pampered overpaid athlete can not handle the verbal pressure, he should probably look into another profession , say mortician where no one talks back.
                                ]
                                Last edited by Jrhampton; 09-16-2004, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X