Jag fan's "thoughts"/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jag fan's "thoughts"/

Come visit the Jag's message board! Read some of this stuff...

http://www.jaguars.com/mb/?f=6

I'm sorry I don't think its going to be close. Taylor has a breakout game, Leftwich throws 1 TD and no turnovers, Jags D is suffocating, Jags win going away.........27-10

Or this...

Like it or not... The legend of Byron Leftwich begins 27-9 Jags

Man, oh man.

20-17 Jags but really 17 is kind of high but I have to have the Jags win by 3.
    It's destiny. Jags beat the bills by 3 then the next game Jags beat denver by 3 in the playoffs
    Now it's the regular season and is it a coincidence that we play the bills then the broncs back to back and the first win we beat the bills by 3. So week 2 Jags over the broncs by 3.

Frankly I am not even sure what is going on in that one, but it seems he thinks the Jags will win because it is their "destiny". Thank god I am not from Jacksonville.

They must have better smokes there than in chokeland.......tell raiderjoe!
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Heck everyone rides high after a win esp. since we got our road monkey off our backs...there is some good football talk over there

Comment

Here's 3 key's to why I think the Jags can have a dominating win.

First our offense will get dialed in to the game plan, and won't make all the mistakes we made in week 1.

Second, Broncos (Overratted) defense will have their hands full trying to stop Taylor, and the arsenal Byron has in his receivng core. Jimmy is not the only potent WR we have on our team. While he keeps your shut down corner occupied Byron will run havoc with the rest of your secondary with his tall WR's. Jack is going to pound the ball right down your throats, forcing your safeties to bite on Playaction leaving Jimmy one on one. Thats all he needs against any CB in this league to have a productive day.

Third Jags defense will shut down their heavily relied on running game, and force Plummer to be a pocket passer.

The first key will be the most crucial factor. Only if we can get our offense dialed in can this reality of a blow out come to fruition @ home. Jags offense is the biggest question going into this game. If the offense shows up like I am assuming it will, game over; if not it is going to be a long day for the Jags defense, and the fans.

The game plan this week for our offense is to stretch the field and pound the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagsbch
          Here's 3 key's to why I think the Jags can have a dominating win.

First our offense will get dialed in to the game plan, and won't make all the mistakes we made in week 1.
          Oh, so just like that your offence will be fine, mistakes just vanish in a week... right.

Second, Broncos (Overratted) defense will have their hands full trying to stop Taylor, and the arsenal Byron has in his receivng core. Jimmy is not the only potent WR we have on our team. While he keeps your shut down corner occupied Byron will run havoc with the rest of your secondary with his tall WR's. Jack is going to pound the ball right down your throats, forcing your safeties to bite on Playaction leaving Jimmy one on one. Thats all he needs against any CB in this league to have a productive day.
          Oh, yes, holding down possibly the best O in the NFL makes us over-rated. Sure you have Taylor, do you honestly want to compare him to Holmes? You can't. Compare your FB to theirs? Nope. How about O-line? Not even close. Plus we have our DT elliss back and we should have OLB sykes too.

Jimmy will meet this guy named Champ Bailey, you won't be seeing much of Jimmy come game night.

Oh, but the rest of your WRs are tall? Hmm, gonzo is tall, Herndon was on him like a wet blanket despite the fact he is a lot taller and has 60 pounds on herndon, I am not worried about that. Plus Middlebrooks and Alexander have been playing well. You also assume that Leftwich will not continue to suck.

Third Jags defense will shut down their heavily relied on running game, and force Plummer to be a pocket passer.
          You assume they will shut it down? Your little streak can't last forever, and how often does your D face a HB like Q? I can see him breaking 100, not saying he will for sure. But it is very possible. NO, NOT PAUL SPICER, HE WILL CONTAIN PLUMMER BECAUSE PAUL SPICER IS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD. Get a clue, your options are to try to hold down plummer and leave yourself open to griffin running offtackle, or clamp down on griffin and leave yourself open to the bootleg.

The first key will be the most crucial factor. Only if we can get our offense dialed in can this reality of a blow out come to fruition @ home. Jags offense is the biggest question going into this game. If the offense shows up like I am assuming it will, game over; if not it is going to be a long day for the Jags defense, and the fans.

The game plan this week for our offense is to stretch the field and pound the ball.
          First things first, you are the Jaguars, you don't blow out anybody. When you do it is either because:

A) The team you are playing sucks worse than you do
          B) A series of flukes
          C) All of the above

I don't see your green QB throwing well on a very complicated and talented secondary, look for some picks to be thrown. It will be a VERY long night for your D, because they will be on the field all night.

Oh, so thats the gameplan? It sounds fimilar... wait... I know why! Because that is MOST TEAM'S PLAN EVERY WEEK.

Comment

i'm just glad we don't have to have threads like "Can Jacksonvile LOSE this Franchise?"
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
              Oh, yes, holding down possibly the best O in the NFL makes us over-rated. Sure you have Taylor, do you honestly want to compare him to Holmes? You can't. Compare your FB to theirs? Nope. How about O-line? Not even close.
              Fact: We outrushed KC last year.

Fact: Holmes is a TD machine and Fred Taylor isn't.

Fact: Fred Taylor gained 152 more yards than Holmes on only 25 more carries.

Fact: Our o-line gave up the fewest sacks in fanchise history and helped Fred rush for franchise record yardage.

These facts don't mean we are necessarily better than KC especially seeing how TD's are the most important thing an offensive player can contribute, but they do gives us plenty of reason to be confident.

Here's a link to a conversation Terrell Davis, Seth Joyner, and Rich Eisen had with Jim Brown on the NFL network last year. Who are Jim Brown's favorite RB's to watch. Clinton Portis, LaDanlian Tomlinson, and Fred Taylor. Holmes is soooooooooo great that he doesn't even make a legendary RB's top 3.

Jim Brown says Fred Taylor is COLD BLOODED

"Eisen: You do? Who is your favorite player to watch right now in the NFL?

Brown: I like the young QBs now because throwing the ball -- you throw it in 1902, you throw it in 2004 -- you know you gotta be accurate, you gotta stand in there. And you look at a Tom Brady and those type of guys, they're kind of phenoms. And I like a lot of the linebackers. They're like exceptional athletes because they run the 250, the 260. They're fast, they can jump, they're great athletes and I also think there are a lot of real fine running backs now. I'm so happy to say that Marcus Allen and I used to talk about a running back no one else used to talk about out of Jacksonville, Fred Taylor. And Fred is cold-blooded and nobody generally talks about this guy. You can't catch him. He's got all the natural moves, he just got hurt a lot. So those of us who had the keen eye knew that Fred was one of the greatest running backs that I've seen in a long time. But (Clinton) Portis, you know, with your old team, he's all right, and you deal with the kid from the Chargers ( LaDainian Tomlinson), we have a lot of them. You know Ricky and it's really nice to see because they all have a different talent, you know? "

I wonder why he didn't mention Holmes?
              For Jags about to ROCK, we salute you!

In the Jack Del Rio era:
              5-1 when Freddy T gets 24+ carries
              1-10 when he gets less than 24 carries

Comment

Oh, so just like that your offence will be fine, mistakes just vanish in a week... right.
                Jags offense is on the right track. The mistakes were mainly dropped passes. The last time the Jags won with a last second score was against the Ravens in 2000. Jags are well on their way to getting back into playoff contention. You might be getting flashbacks after this game.

Jimmy will meet this guy named Champ Bailey, you won't be seeing much of Jimmy come game night.
                Just put your shut down CB on Jimmy one on one, I'll take Jimmy in that match up all day long with Byron at the helm. Byron is not afraid to make that throw, Jimmy is so physical, that champ wil not stand a chance one on one I promise you.

You assume they will shut it down? Your little streak can't last forever, and how often does your D face a HB like Q?
                Last weak with Willis :p

First things first, you are the Jaguars, you don't blow out anybody. When you do it is either because:

A) The team you are playing sucks worse than you do
                B) A series of flukes
                C) All of the above

I don't see your green QB throwing well on a very complicated and talented secondary, look for some picks to be thrown. It will be a VERY long night for your D, because they will be on the field all night.

Oh, so thats the gameplan? It sounds fimilar... wait... I know why! Because that is MOST TEAM'S PLAN EVERY WEEK.
                Last Blow out 31-0 patriots preseason, and 27-0 Texans last season.

Here's a quote from Billy Miller after that Game...

"This was by far the most physical defense I've ever played against, seen or heard of," said Texans tight end Billy Miller. "They just had their way with us today. They just played physical and got after us."
                Last edited by Jagsbch; 09-17-2004, 06:41 AM.

Comment

I'd call them fantasies
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Last weak with Willis :p

Last Blow out 31-0 patriots preseason, and 27-0 Texans last season.
                    Willis Mcgahee and the Bills, now there's a team that has established themselves as a rushing threat (11th in the AFC last year; Denver = 2nd)

And two words for those blowouts...preseason...Texans

Don't know if you'll be at this game or not, but keep an eye out for the guy in the Rod Smith alternate jersey that's makin all the noise.

I'm going with 2 Jags fans so this should be a fun one.
                    My other love...
                    sigpic
                    305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Willis was as impressive, as any back I have seen face the Jags.

Comment

Originally posted by JagsRock
                        Fact: We outrushed KC last year.

Fact: Holmes is a TD machine and Fred Taylor isn't.

Fact: Fred Taylor gained 152 more yards than Holmes on only 25 more carries.
                        *scratches his head* since we're talking about last years stats look at CP ^_^ 290 carries and 1591 yards and errr 14 TD's.

Fact: Our o-line gave up the fewest sacks in fanchise history and helped Fred rush for franchise record yardage.
                        Well looking at the stats lefty had 14 TD's and 16 INT's so just how many sacks did he have??

These facts don't mean we are necessarily better than KC especially seeing how TD's are the most important thing an offensive player can contribute, but they do gives us plenty of reason to be confident.
                        The jaguars offense cannot compare to the chiefs offense, because the chiefs offense is one of the most dangerous offenses in the NFL right now ranking up there with the vikings and the colts.

Here's a link to a conversation Terrell Davis, Seth Joyner, and Rich Eisen had with Jim Brown on the NFL network last year. Who are Jim Brown's favorite RB's to watch. Clinton Portis, LaDanlian Tomlinson, and Fred Taylor. Holmes is soooooooooo great that he doesn't even make a legendary RB's top 3.

Jim Brown says Fred Taylor is COLD BLOODED

"Eisen: You do? Who is your favorite player to watch right now in the NFL?

Brown: I like the young QBs now because throwing the ball -- you throw it in 1902, you throw it in 2004 -- you know you gotta be accurate, you gotta stand in there. And you look at a Tom Brady and those type of guys, they're kind of phenoms. And I like a lot of the linebackers. They're like exceptional athletes because they run the 250, the 260. They're fast, they can jump, they're great athletes and I also think there are a lot of real fine running backs now. I'm so happy to say that Marcus Allen and I used to talk about a running back no one else used to talk about out of Jacksonville, Fred Taylor. And Fred is cold-blooded and nobody generally talks about this guy. You can't catch him. He's got all the natural moves, he just got hurt a lot. So those of us who had the keen eye knew that Fred was one of the greatest running backs that I've seen in a long time. But (Clinton) Portis, you know, with your old team, he's all right, and you deal with the kid from the Chargers ( LaDainian Tomlinson), we have a lot of them. You know Ricky and it's really nice to see because they all have a different talent, you know? "

I wonder why he didn't mention Holmes?
                        Err umm where'd portis come from
                        sigpic
                        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Willis was as impressive, as any back I have seen face the Jags.
                          Willis is 2nd string for a reason son. He can't outplay travis henry a power runner. I have a question what'd henry and mcgahee total for rushing?
                          sigpic
                          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Re: Jag fan's "thoughts"/

Come visit the Jag's message board! Read some of this stuff...

http://www.jaguars.com/mb/?f=6

I'm sorry I don't think its going to be close. Taylor has a breakout game, Leftwich throws 1 TD and no turnovers, Jags D is suffocating, Jags win going away.........27-10

Or this...

Like it or not... The legend of Byron Leftwich begins 27-9 Jags

Man, oh man.

20-17 Jags but really 17 is kind of high but I have to have the Jags win by 3.
                            It's destiny. Jags beat the bills by 3 then the next game Jags beat denver by 3 in the playoffs
                            Now it's the regular season and is it a coincidence that we play the bills then the broncs back to back and the first win we beat the bills by 3. So week 2 Jags over the broncs by 3.

Frankly I am not even sure what is going on in that one, but it seems he thinks the Jags will win because it is their "destiny". Thank god I am not from Jacksonville.
                            Fans predicting their team will win. Imagine that...

Comment

I think Jax is a very good team but I don't think they'll win by "destiny".

Doesn't he look good?

Comment

Working...
                              X