No announcement yet.

Brandon Marshall suspended indefinitely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McD should try to bury him. this is too easy.

Comment

• B. Marshall is a complete idiot. And after watching his antics, i am not suprised that he has gotten in trouble in the past, he looked like a child that needs to grow up. All he had to do is come to OTA, learn the play book, be a good teammate and player, go out and put up the big numbers and he will get his payday. But now no team will ever give him face value again, and if they do those teams will be stupid in doing so. Marshall is the defintion of stupid, the Broncos should deactivate and then trade him for a first rounder or a second round, and then next year go and draft a WR. Winning is not everything, i would rather lose than have an idiot like Marshall playing for the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
        B. Marshall is a complete idiot. And after watching his antics, i am not suprised that he has gotten in trouble in the past, he looked like a child that needs to grow up. All he had to do is come to OTA, learn the play book, be a good teammate and player, go out and put up the big numbers and he will get his payday. But now no team will ever give him face value again, and if they do those teams will be stupid in doing so. Marshall is the defintion of stupid, the Broncos should deactivate and then trade him for a first rounder or a second round, and then next year go and draft a WR. Winning is not everything, i would rather lose than have an idiot like Marshall playing for the Broncos.
        i rather win with idiot marshall on the team

Comment

• Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
          i rather win with idiot marshall on the team
          Are the Broncos now turning into the Oakland Raiders, a bunch of cry babies, class less characters. No thanks I would be ashamed to support the Broncos, if B. Marshall is still on the roster at the start of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
            Are the Broncos now turning into the Oakland Raiders, a bunch of cry babies, class less characters. No thanks I would be ashamed to support the Broncos, if B. Marshall is still on the roster at the start of the season.
            looks like your going to have to take the year off.

i dont see marshall leaving the team this year.

Comment

• I am really glad McD or Pat, finally put their foot down and suspended this guy. Thats one thing I loved from Shanny, he didnt put up with stuff like this.
              SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

• Need to check him for illegal drug use as that always changes people’s actions to the worse.

Since the law does nothing to stars the coaches and NFL need to step in and make a very harsh punishment for these guys.

New name for Marshall

Brandon Simpson Lewis Owens Marshall

Comment

• Looks like they really showed him ....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=114&sCat=368

Which better describes Brandon Marshall's suspension ....

Vocation 68%

Punishment 32 %

Why dont the Broncos just release him ?

If they have tried to trade him and they really wanted a 1st and 4th for him then why not pay him ??

What gives ?? Any thoughts on any of them questions ...?
                  Last edited by LarryDean; 08-29-2009, 05:31 AM.
                  :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyByU View Post
                    Need to check him for illegal drug use as that always changes people’s actions to the worse.

Since the law does nothing to stars the coaches and NFL need to step in and make a very harsh punishment for these guys.

New name for Marshall

Brandon Simpson Lewis Owens Marshall
                    LOL funny name, but Dawkins himself said the TO situation in Philly was much worse than this.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Some are saying ( trade him already ) To who? for what ? if we just let him go , Chi town and cry baby will get him and they'll both get what they wanted .

His actions are keeping him from getting traded by driving down the demand !

Only brandon can rebuild his rep , by learning the playbook , learning to keep his yap closed , and CATCHING the football & the double teams . :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                        I am really glad McD or Pat, finally put their foot down and suspended this guy. Thats one thing I loved from Shanny, he didnt put up with stuff like this.
                        Shanny brought some real undesirables to the team over the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by tightline View Post
                          Shanny brought some real undesirables to the team over the last few years.
                          I think his crowning achievement in that regard was Clarrett. What was it a 3rd rounder wasted?

Comment

• Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
                            I think his crowning achievement in that regard was Clarrett. What was it a 3rd rounder wasted?
                            Yes and I think he's still in prison. Let's not forget about Travis Henry either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Broncos Time View Post
                              I understand where you are coming from, but it is a risk the Broncos unfortunately have to take in order to get either what they want. Those things are either of the two options:

1. Marshall wises up somehow (and that's a big somehow), becomes part of the team, keeps his mouth shut, and picks up from where he left off on the field last year, that's a plus one for us.

2. (The most likely route), Marshall does rot the bench but like I've said before, but once this whole mess starts to die down, teams who are in desperate need for receivers will look into Marshall and one of them will take a chance on him. Meaning that we will get a much higher value than what he's worth right now. Common sense should tell you that the amount of #'s he has put up in the last two years is more than enough to say that minus the legal issues (which are over at this point) Marshall is worth a 1st round pick, and more.

If there was a first rounder offered on the table right now, I wouldn't waste any time trading him now. But since in the mean time he is suspended, trust me, we won't get absolutely no value for him. Even a 4th round pick wouldn't be offered at this moment, since that pick was offered before the antics he displayed (and the 4th rounder was the highest offer we have gotten). We are talkin about Marshall only bein worth a 5th or 6th rounder at this point, which would again be foolish on our part, gettin a low ass draft pick, while Marshall tears it up on another team.

We are in a situation where we have to win now. Not three years, not four yerars, NOW.

Trading him I repeat is not an option at this point in time until his stock rises up.
                              I can't believe you are writing this. Look at history. Look at Marshall. Look at something. Even if Marshall was to "smarten up".... this is his best option. He can't wait 3 years. He isn't going to trust the Broncos saying "oh we'll trade you after this year". BECAUSE THE BRONCOS WON'T TRADE HIM UNLESS THEY GET THEIR DESIRED VALUE. And Because of Marshall's history (attitude, criminal, and injury), teams are not going to give up much to get Marshall. That's just the way it is.

Marshall MIGHT be worth a 1st round pick. It would be a miracle to get a first round pick for him. It's a snow ball's chance in hell really. Any team would be trading for a guy with criminal, attitude, and injury issues.... WHOM THEY HAVE TO GIVE A LONG TERM DEAL TO. WAKE UP! Due to all of the variables, Marshall is realistically a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Sure his stats suggest more, but there is so much more to this situation than stats.

The Broncos are never going to find a trade partner willing to give Marshall what he wants as well as the Broncos. So instead of lowering their price slightly.... they will choose to perform some kind of conditioning experiment to see if they can get this player to play football for them when it's not in his best interest. All the while they screw around with their team (wins).

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Broncos Time View Post
                                And if the 4th rounder ends up being a draft bust (like 90% of all NFL Drafted players from 4th round beyond are), how stupid would we look then? Do you realize exactly how little to almost no chance their is that we get a stud receiver in the 7th round?

And don't tell me we would get Peyton Hillis or any of those guys, who have proved to be one of the many rarities to come out of the deeper parts of the draft with special, god given talents who are just as versatile.

Like Lynch has said, you don't simply give up Marshall, who is in fact the best player on our team for a low round pick. That would be idiotic on our part.

McDaniels has made it clear he won't trade up a great talent like Marshall unless we get a fair value to compensate for him.

If Marshall when he is lifted from suspension comes back and keeps actin the way he is, simply just suspend him for four games of the regular season, where he would lose exactly a quarter of the pay the Broncos owe him on his final contract extension (roughly half a million dollars). Then deactivate him for the rest of the season. That's what Brandon wants is money right? He also wasn't stupid enough to skip any Training Camps either, where the Broncos could deduct 15,000 off his final year on his contract.

Don't get me wrong, I want him out as much as the next guy unless he can miraculously change his ways (I doubt it), and the way he has acted in front of this organization is unacceptable, but shipping a proven Pro-Bowler for a very uncertain low round pick isn't the solution to make our team better now. Even if Marshall is acting like a child now. We are indeed in a situation where we have to win now right? McDaniels simply can't rely on a low draft pick at this point to get us where we want to get (a Super Bowl).

We have to wait here and sit patiently for better value to come up because once things do cool down, some team that is desperate for a receiver will take a chance on him.

I say at minimum, a 1st round pick and maybe a 4th or 5th rounder should do it, who is far less likely to be a draft bust than say a 4th rounder or 7th rounder that you speak of.
                                Good post. CP ya when I can.

1st rounder AT LEAST. If not, Marshall will play this season with the Denver Broncos. Period. It's really that simple.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X