Jabbar Gaffney's performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabbar Gaffney's performance

I don't know what anyone else sees in this guy but everything I've seen this guy do is drop 50-75% of the passes thrown to him. He is a veteran, he drops the easy, wide open passes. I don't think this guy deserves a starting position until he can beat out the people behind him, and after seeing him play I can't believe that no one behind him is not better than him.

I know what you are going to say, it is because he is an ex-Patriot and has a former relationship with Josh. Well, that shouldn't be the reason you start, it may be the reason you get a shot for a starting job but not the reason you start.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

I don't know if you're just judging him on the very, very limited looks he's gotten this preseason, but I watched almost every Pats game last year and he was constantly coming up with big catches for them. He will be just fine.
    The Denver Broncos, aka THE NFL'S NEXT DYNASTY

Comment

Dude thats all it takes to start with McD. And sadly its all that matters. Look at Hillis, if Josh chose you, youre in, if he didnt your performance is inconsequential to him. Megalomania is a real (female dog).

Comment

Lmao you fail

Comment

Originally posted by stevelkinevil View Post
          Dude thats all it takes to start with McD. And sadly its all that matters. Look at Hillis, if Josh chose you, youre in, if he didnt your performance is inconsequential to him. Megalomania is a real (female dog).
          WTHeck are you even talking about?

Hillis has gotten a lot of carries and has played a big role in both preseason games, where are you getting the idea that his "performance is inconsequential"?

I love when people's opinions are based on perception, with no regard to what is actually happening in front of their eyes

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
            WTHeck are you even talking about?

Hillis has gotten a lot of carries and has played a big role in both preseason games, where are you getting the idea that his "performance is inconsequential"?

I love when people's opinions are based on perception, with no regard to what is actually happening in front of their eyes
            what I have seen is lots of carries WITH THE 2nd TEAM, when clearly he should be getting the carries with the 1st team, I see Jordan getting the 1st team touches, maybe its your perception that needs tweaking, or did you just not watch the pre-season games.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
              everything I've seen this guy do is drop 50-75% of the passes thrown to him.
              Either you need new glasses or some math classes.
              sigpic

Comment

what I have seen is lots of carries WITH THE 2nd TEAM, when clearly he should be getting the carries with the 1st team, I see Jordan getting the 1st team touches, maybe its your perception that needs tweaking, or did you just not watch the pre-season games.
                Have you looked at the depth chart recently? HILLIS IS NOT THE FIRST TEAM TB. And he isn't going to be - that's why we drafted Moreno. Hillis is a FB, and got every first team snap I've seen at FB.

Hillis would have a much better YPC number if he didn't have so many guys hanging on his jock strap. It's weighing him down
                Last edited by The Big D; 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I feel like you're being a little too knee-jerk about this whole thing. The starting roster as of now is only the starting roster as of now. It doesn't mean that this is the way it's going to be when the season starts. As far as Hillis, I think he'll be used extensively once the season starts. I belive Royal and Stokely will play a more integral part in things than Gaffney. But, you don't want to wear the guys you're going to be leaning on during the preseason. That's why I think LaMont Jordan's been getting the work he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    Either you need new glasses or some math classes.
                    Yeah, really. Classic example of hate-induced exaggeration, imo.

There are very few places where you can see the dropped passes stats, but from what I can find Gaffney only dropped 6 passes last year. I know he had 38 receptions and he doesn't rank high enough on the # of targets list to see the numbers there. But, let's think about this.

If he dropped 6 passes last year, and we were to assume that he dropped "50-75% of the passes thrown to him", then that means he was targeted with a well placed ball only 8 to 12 times... but SOMEHOW he managed to make 38 catches. Well, what were they then? Passes intended for other receivers that were caught by Gaffney off of deflections?

I know those numbers aren't exact as we don't know how many times he was targeted, but weird, eh?
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                      Yeah, really. Classic example of hate-induced exaggeration, imo.

There are very few places where you can see the dropped passes stats, but from what I can find Gaffney only dropped 6 passes last year. I know he had 38 receptions and he doesn't rank high enough on the # of targets list to see the numbers there. But, let's think about this.

If he dropped 6 passes last year, and we were to assume that he dropped "50-75% of the passes thrown to him", then that means he was targeted with a well placed ball only 8 to 12 times... but SOMEHOW he managed to make 38 catches. Well, what were they then? Passes intended for other receivers that were caught by Gaffney off of deflections?

I know those numbers aren't exact as we don't know how many times he was targeted, but weird, eh?
                      Last week I saw him drop 3 passes and I didn't watch the whole game. All three hit his hands and one was for a touchdown with no oen around him. Yeah, I am the one needing glasses.

Funny, if he dropped 6 passes all last year (which I highly doubt, any reciever did that good much less Gaffney) then he has already dropped half as much in one preseason game then he did all last year. Either way you look at it, it isn't good.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ok, I see the stats page, I'll give you that but that doesn't change the fact that he dropped at least 3 last week and one for a TD with no one around.

I agree that Gaffney was good on the Patriots, I was considering him for my fantasy league because he was doing so good, but that was then and this is now. He didn't play much in the first week and last week he dropped three, I just call it like I see it. He caught 5 passes, and I saw him drop three 3/8 of his passes, which I agree is less than 50% or 75%, but I didn't think he caught 5 passes, at least not the way he was playing but considering that he dropped only 6 last year, he is on a trend to break the record this year. I won't even put a number out there, but it will be much higher than 6!

Comment

Gaffney caught 5 passes and only had 1 drop.
                          sigpic

Comment

I could care less where he sits on the depth chart, I care about actual "playing time".

Comment

I see Gaff doing big things here. BIG things.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X