Denver's WR's without Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver's WR's without Marshall

After watching the first 2 Preseason Games , I have come to believe that Denver has done a excellent job of adding talent at the Skill position.

1. Eddie Royal can 2 WR's be any different(Royal = well spoken team player and Marshall = Immature ,me first player). The drafting of Eddie Royal was Excellent. Look for him to be the second coming of Steve Smith( minus the headaches).

2. Brandon Stokley He will EXCEL in McDaniels system. Shanahan said he is the best slot WR he has ever had.

3. Jabbar Gaffney Very solid WR who can play every position and will catch 50 balls this year.

4. Tony Scheffler I know he is a TE but he is 6'5" 250lbs and runs as fast as Marshall. He also catches everything thrown his way.

5. Peyton Hillis Did not start til WEEK 10!!!!! Has been said to have The Best Hands on The Team. Great Weapon.

6. Knowshon Moreno 33 Receptions for 11.9 avg. He will be Orton's safety valve.

7. Kenny McKinnley 131 Receptions the last 2 years. He will make a IMPACT this year. Count him for 30-40 catches.

8. Brandon Lloyd Caught 26 balls in 11 games last year for the Bears.

If Brandon Marshall had Eddie Royal's Heart he would be UNSTOPPABLE but instead he will go down as a IMMATURE , ME FIRST PLAYER

in the history books!!!

You have a picture of Larsen instead of Hillis.

Edit: Wait, that's not Larsen, who's 48?
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
      You have a picture of Larsen instead of Hillis.

Edit: Wait, that's not Larsen, who's 48?
      I think that might have been Hillis during camp last year, before the purge that allowed him to get his #22. But, I can't tell who it is in the pic...

Edit: What I mean is, he got #48 when he came in as a rookie with no seniority. When the roster was cut down to 53, his number became available and he got it. I seem to recall his number changing around this time last year.
      Last edited by Broncos Bassist; 08-28-2009, 11:43 AM. Reason: Clarification
      sigpic

Comment

that is deffinately hillis

Comment

I like our receivers minus Marshall everywhere but around the goalline.

We really could use a big guy to beat the jam and win the 1-on-1s against smaller DBs. Otherwise, our guys can do the job just fine without him.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post

We really could use a big guy to beat the jam and win the 1-on-1s against smaller DBs. Otherwise, our guys can do the job just fine without him.
            Tony S. should fill that roll. I'd love to see a jumbo package on the goal line, 2 TE's (Graham and Quinn) and 1 WR (Tony S.). Hillis in the backfield, Larsen as his fullback. That has got to be tough to stop.

Comment

I think as long as Gaffney its at least decent we are fine at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post

Me too. Im fine with them except for the goaline. We miss his presence there. Split Scheffler out wide. I think BMarsh plays week 1. He's expected to be back sept 6th, so i guess time will tell.

Comment

Marshall never did much in goal line anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                    After watching the first 2 Preseason Games , I have come to believe that Denver has done a excellent job of adding talent at the Skill position.

1. Eddie Royal can 2 WR's be any different(Royal = well spoken team player and Marshall = Immature ,me first player). The drafting of Eddie Royal was Excellent. Look for him to be the second coming of Steve Smith( minus the headaches).

2. Brandon Stokley He will EXCEL in McDaniels system. Shanahan said he is the best slot WR he has ever had.

3. Jabbar Gaffney Very solid WR who can play every position and will catch 50 balls this year.

4. Tony Scheffler I know he is a TE but he is 6'5" 250lbs and runs as fast as Marshall. He also catches everything thrown his way.

5. Peyton Hillis Did not start til WEEK 10!!!!! Has been said to have The Best Hands on The Team. Great Weapon.

6. Knowshon Moreno 33 Receptions for 11.9 avg. He will be Orton's safety valve.

7. Kenny McKinnley 131 Receptions the last 2 years. He will make a IMPACT this year. Count him for 30-40 catches.

8. Brandon Lloyd Caught 26 balls in 11 games last year for the Bears.

If Brandon Marshall had Eddie Royal's Heart he would be UNSTOPPABLE but instead he will go down as a IMMATURE , ME FIRST PLAYER

in the history books!!!
                    I think Gaffney is a scrub, but between Royal, Stokley, Scheffler, Graham and Hillis we have enough receivers to keep a defense honest. Add our running game (and the receiving ability of all our backs) behind our offensive line and Marshall is certainly not indispensable. All the more reason IMO we should have traded Marshall much before we got to this point.
                    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

this could be a breakout year for chad jackson he is finally 100% and he is reunited with mcdaniels he is 6'1 almost 230 mckinley is also 6'1 I think so we got some big guys they just need to step up
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

If Gaffney catches 50, that would probably mean about 80 drops.

Nope, not a fan of his.

Royal, Stokely, and Scheffler are darned good though, so hopefully we'll be ok.

Comment

Gaffney is not a super WR, but he can still make some clutch catches. We need someone like him (not necessarily him, but a veteran) who will at least be able to pick up some yards when guys like Royal and Stokley are double covered. I think Gaffney could be a useful role player, especially since he knows this system, which is a plus.
                          sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                            I think that might have been Hillis during camp last year, before the purge that allowed him to get his #22. But, I can't tell who it is in the pic...

Edit: What I mean is, he got #48 when he came in as a rookie with no seniority. When the roster was cut down to 53, his number became available and he got it. I seem to recall his number changing around this time last year.
                            when dominique foxworth was traded hillis was able to claim his college number.
                            Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post

I wonder if Cutler got in Hillis' face for catching one-handed....
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X