No announcement yet.

Denver's WR's without Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be no reason we throw around the goal line IMO, you put Larsen in the front and Hillis in the back and let em rip!!!

Definitely DO NOT ... I repeat DO NOT let Orton throw the ball anywhere within 10 yards of the goal, unless he promises to throw it with his right hand!!
    sigpic

Comment

pedestrian at best
      My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
        I like our receivers minus Marshall everywhere but around the goalline.

We really could use a big guy to beat the jam and win the 1-on-1s against smaller DBs. Otherwise, our guys can do the job just fine without him.
        If I recall, INDY didn't/doesn't have any tall receivers and they do OK - Not saying Orton = Peyton in any way, but Receiver Height isn't a neccessity but it is a NICE luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon333 View Post
          If I recall, INDY didn't/doesn't have any tall receivers and they do OK - Not saying Orton = Peyton in any way, but Receiver Height isn't a neccessity but it is a NICE luxury.
          I think we're on the same page here. It's a luxury that we now lack.

Sure you can work around it, but with a big 6'5" guy, you don't have to.

As far as Scheffler goes, Seattle is the primary example why I don't like him wide on the goalline. I think he loses that match-up more times than not.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X