What a bunch of crap.

Comment

If you're not ...

... holding, you're not trying.

Ryan's flag is just part of a day's work for an OL.:salute!:

Clipping?:paper:
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I hope the guy who had the dirty hit on Chris Simms gets fined too, and more than just 5k.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
          I hope the guy who had the dirty hit on Chris Simms gets fined too, and more than just 5k.
          I hate to say it I believe Clady can afford it the other guy can't. That why I stated in my original post they may have a problem with this. No problem during the regular season. Preseason not so unless it is a very malicous penalty and then it could be a problem for a player who is playing as a walkon.

Comment

Originally posted by IbarHarry View Post
            It is interesting that this is happening. Will the Players' Union begin to argue that players should then be eligible for some of their pay during preseason if they are eligible to be fined? Will players refuse to play in the preseason for fear of fines while playing?

I believe Clady is guilty of a what would be called a new penalty. That is it would not have been a penalty last year. I think most who saw it would not call it an itentional act, but rather something that happened out of reaction to a play. This is one of those catch 22 situations.
            Has the Players union done anything lately?

All I see them doing is Kowtow-ing to the mighty Goodell.

Comment

Originally posted by IbarHarry View Post
              I hate to say it I believe Clady can afford it the other guy can't. That why I stated in my original post they may have a problem with this. No problem during the regular season. Preseason not so unless it is a very malicous penalty and then it could be a problem for a player who is playing as a walkon.
              So make the fines dependent on whether or not a guy makes a team by the final cuts. If they don't make the cut, reduce the fine to community service so that it doesn't hurt them financially if they do not make a team.
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Fines are a load of crap unless its an exteme one. I hate it when they do this, like someone said earlier the point of penalties is for you to be sent back x amount of yards and pay for it that way. Retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                  Best part about that "cut block" was that he fell. It hardly looked intentional.
                  Exactly it looked like he tripped and fell into the Seahawk player.....I was completely shocked the called a penalty on him, let alone fine him.
                  Watching the Mile High Magic from a mile high.

Comment

Best part about that "cut block" was that he fell. It hardly looked intentional.
                    It does look completely unintentional. If he appeals it, chances are at least 50-50 it will go away. Good grief, players can't be fined for falling down even if there are unintended consequences. This fine is ridiculous.

Comment

These stupid little fines are a joke. Pretty soon, they'll start fining players for every single personal foul. What a joke.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

That's exactly what I thought happened too.

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                          Fines are a load of crap unless its an exteme one. I hate it when they do this, like someone said earlier the point of penalties is for you to be sent back x amount of yards and pay for it that way. Retarded.
                          They do it for two reasons. First, a lot of times things like this may get missed by the refs if no one sees it, so it's sort of a way to make sure that a guy gets punished if he doesn't get punished during the game. Second, it's to discourage guys from making cheap shots when there is nothing on the line for the team (i.e.- game is out of hand score wise or it's the preseason and the game doesn't count).

Comment

Working...
                          X