Time to Educate Denver Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pryce4Prez
    Scouts Inc. has an article on ESPN.com about mismatches around the league and here's what they have about the Denver/Jacksonville game

Bailey is the best shutdown corner in the league, and the fact that he can manhandle either one of these receivers in single-coverage highlights his outstanding versatility. Williams needs time to build speed to be effective, so it's imperative that he get a clean release at the line of scrimmage.

Although Williams weighs over 30 pounds more than Bailey, Bailey has outstanding strength and will jam Williams at the line preventing him from getting downfield quickly. Smith is an experienced veteran who will use technique and sound footwork to make it more difficult for Bailey to press him, but it won't matter. Bailey has the burst out of his cuts and ability to change directions to prevent Smith from getting open underneath. The bottom line is that Bailey has the speed to recover when either receiver gets behind him, which means that he can be extremely aggressive jumping underneath routes.

here's the link for those of you with ESPN Insider http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/mismatch?week=2
    I agree it's a mismatch, but guess what. Contrary to the belief around here, Bailey can't cover two guys himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jags>Broncos
      I agree it's a mismatch, but guess what. Contrary to the belief around here, Bailey can't cover two guys himself.
      Contrary to what Jag fans believe we have more than one capable cb.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleedbluorange
        Contrary to what Jag fans believe we have more than one capable cb.
        We do?

Sshhh. Shanny's little secret.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Del Rio and the Jags will also game plan.

Just thought you might to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by RWBinJax
            Del Rio and the Jags will also game plan.

You type like your team plays....

....neither know the importance of the word "WANT"...
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• jags will go down

you guys were lucky to get away with a win over buffalo and you guys are bragging like you are going to the SB ---- you will be eating humble pie this sunday, and after you get crushed, let's see how many of you jag-offs come back to this message board to make excuses why you got put in your place.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by RWBinJax
                Del Rio and the Jags will also game plan.

Really? The Jaguars gameplan?

Seriously, this thread has been very interesting. I think there have been some valid points but a bit too much extrapolation based on one regular season game for each team. Then again, I'm about to extrapolate a bit myself.

I think the Jaguars are going to be a solid team this season and Sunday's game will be hard fought and could go either way. I don't expect Leftwich to play as bad as he did on Sunday but there are still some questions about him being a premier QB yet. They also seem to have a solid offensive line but it isn't at the level of the Chiefs so it's not nearly a given that they'll be able to run on our defense. On the other side of the ball, their rush defense is very good but they won't be able to just stop our running game without dedicating a little extra attention to it and I guarantee Shanahan is going to be throwing early and often to loosen up the rushing defense.

The Broncos showed they still are going to have a potent offense. I doubt they'll be as effective this Sunday because the Jaguars' defense is better than KC's and the game is in Jacksonville. But since Jacksonville's offense isn't as potent as the Chiefs', it's kind of a trade-off. Against the Chiefs, I think the Broncos were obviously set on stuffing the Chiefs' passing game; their success running against our defense was a natural result of our focusing on one aspect of the offense of a very balanced Chiefs' O. The Jaguars aren't nearly as explosive (unless Leftwich is really on) as the Chiefs on offense so I think Denver will have a more balanced defensive scheme on Sunday.

I think Denver is the better team but the Jaguars are improving and they'll be playing at home. Therefore, I expect a good game that the Broncos should win but I won't be surprised if the Jaguars score the upset. If Denver cuts down on the turnovers, I think they'll win by 3-7 points.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• hey

Look for Q to perservere all game long. All it takes is a small hole, a crafty little juke, and dude is off to the races. Any given day... but can the Jags stop him EVERY play? That is what is so exciting about Q, and why some compare his moves to Barry. All it takes is that one slipup by a Jag, caught off balance by the Q-ster. Also, Tatum Bell is itching to get in the game, and he is backing up Q this week. Bell is the same ht and wt as Portis is, and when his fresh legs get a shot in the 3rd Quarter, watch out. The naked bootleg, short screens, dumpoffs to Droughns, completions to Hape and Putzier all spell trouble for Jax.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Not very smart?

It doesn't make much sense to come to the Bronco board and call Bronco fans stupid. JAX has a good run defense, but how often do they have to face the Bronco running system? It works very well against most teams and the size of the defensive linemen isn't usually the important factor. The physical speed and endurance of the Bronco offensive line is what makes it work. If quick passes are what will beat the JAX defense, then Putzier and Smith should have good games. Q could care less if he makes 100 yards, if the offense scores enough points to win. The Buffalo defense is not as good as the Bronco's defense this year. With all the Broncos new defensive players being healthy, they are much deeper in talent than last year. The secondary is much improved and the linebackers are all getting healthy. Lynch has shown that he is healthy, so the middle is a danger zone with both Lynch and Kennedy roaming the field.

Comment

• THIS THREAD WAS SUPPOSE TO EDUCATE DENVER FANS

Are we all smarter now?

ROTFLMFAO!
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X