Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Record after our first 4 regular season games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Orton, 1-3. But Oakland could pull it out and give us 0-4.

With Simms, the Broncos could go 2-2.

With Bradstater 3-1, but I think the Broncos could take Dallas too. Broncos could go 4-0 with Tom in the first quarter of the season . . .
    uhhh,this ain't Lou from Aurora

Comment

Originally posted by xxxlibertine View Post
      With Orton, 1-3. But Oakland could pull it out and give us 0-4.

With Simms, the Broncos could go 2-2.

With Bradstater 3-1, but I think the Broncos could take Dallas too. Broncos could go 4-0 with Tom in the first quarter of the season . . .
      Our best chance to win is with Orton, and if he can't play, then Simms. Bradstater may very well be a great QB, and I hope he eventually is, but this isn't a "Fresno State Bulldog" league where he led his team to a 7-6 record last year (getting blown out by mighty teams like Nevada - 28-41. Against the 1st team defenses in the NFL - and playing the "real" games of the regular season - he's going to have a BIG step up.

I like your enthusiasm about him leading us to 4-0 (and maybe he can do that) but I believe it is a bit naive thinking he brings more to the table than the two veterans at this point in his NFL career. We're facing teams that are infinitely faster/stronger/better than the "Nevada's" of the college realm.
      I've experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows. I think to really appreciate anything you have to be at both ends of the spectrum.

- John Elway ("Captain Comeback")

sigpic

Comment

Broncos V Bengals matchup breakdown

A rundown of how the teams match up.

Broncos Defense V Bengals Offense

Linemen play- Wash

The Bengals sport one of the worst offensive lines in football. However, if history has anything to say about it the Broncos have one of the worst front 7's in the NFL. The Broncos now currently will run a 3-4 which can confuse this line a bit and get to the QB. However, the Broncos line does have some road graters for the running game which could balance that out a bit.

Bronco's LB's V Bengals RB's/TE's- Advantage Bengals.

The Broncos are weak at LB and Cedric Benson is a runner who is tough to bring down (a bad matchup against the Broncos LB's). Even though the Bengals don't have anyone special at TE, Coats is a decent target in the passing game and a threat to block down in the running game. The Broncos best bet here is to blitz to try to get to the QB and stop Benson before he gets a head of steam going (and behind their blockers).

Bengal's passing attach V Bronco's secondary- Advantage Bengals

Chad Ocho Cinco may be dumb but he's still a great WR. They have added Coles to compliment him. Champ Bailey should be able to play Chad tough and I like the way he matches up against Chad. However Coles may prove too much to handle out there and you know Chad is going to get his catches. Plus, Dawkins isn't too great in coverage out there and is a liability against these 2 (although he should help in the running game some).

Palmer V Bronco's D- Advantage Palmer

I think Carson will have a rough go on this game. I think he'll have pressure in his face... and his primary target will be blanketed fairly well. However Coles may run free out there and Coats should be able to get some first downs. Carson hasn't been the same since his injury but he is still a great QB with some great help at WR. When Carson gets time... and he will have plays where he gets time... he will make the Broncos pay.

Overall- Advantage Bengals

The Broncos D is still new to this scheme and even if they are improved I don't know if they can handle the running game of the Bengals nor the passing threats that they have. I don't think the Bengals will have their way with the Broncos D all game... but I do think they will put up over 3 TD's with some more field goals.

Broncos Offense V Bengals Defense.

Line Play- Advantage Broncos

The Broncos have one of the better offensive lines in football and the Bengals have... well what they have probably shouldn't be considered starters. I would imagine a fairly clean pocket for Kyle. However, the line isn't that great anymore at run blocking and are running a new scheme.

Bronco's RB/TE V Bengals LB's- Wash

Dhani Jones is an underrated MLB even though the help he had wasn't great. Now they have first round pick Kieth Rivers helping him out. Scheffler is very solid... but the back may have trouble finding room to run considering the Broncos run blocking game. I just don't see Scheffler doing all too much damage to them and I expect the running game to work occasionally but also get stopped for no gain or a loss a decent amount.

Bronco Passing attack V Bengals Secondary- Advantage Broncos

The Bengals secondary doesn't look all too good and the Broncos have good wideouts. However, will Marshall play? If he does how well will he know this offense. Even without Brandon Marshall, the Broncos have an advantage here.

Orton V Bengals Defense- Advantage Orton

Orton should have a nice clean pocket to work in but does he truly get this offense yet? More so... is he going to be able to exploit the advantages he has? He relied on a strong running attack in Chicago and I don't know that he can do that here... which means to be successful he will need the recievers and him to execute flawlessless... or he'll have to hook up on some of the longer passes that he doesn't do too well. Still, he is money up until about 15 yards down which is enough for a first down.

Overall Broncos O V Bengals D- Advantage Broncos

The Broncos just have too much talent for things to go well for the Bengals D. However, I think we may be talking field goals compared to touchdowns. As the field shortens, the running game becomes more of a factor.

Special teams- Advantage Bengals

This preseason the Bengals were 9th in kick return yards compared to the Broncos who were 21st. Plus the Broncos coverage on kicks has been suspect. This could be a factor in the game.

Coaching- Marvin Lewis V Josh McDaniels- Advantage Marvin Lewis

Yes I know Josh is supposed to be a mastermind... he is still a rookie head coach facing a coach that has a lot of experience (even if he isn't a very good coach). The Bengals are also fairly set as far as schemes... where the Broncos still have a bit to learn I'm sure. McDaniels hasn't used the red flag before when it counts.

Overall- Bengals Victory

The Bengals arn't a great team but they match up fairly well against the Broncos. This game may come down to ball possession and I just think the Bengals are going to be able to keep the offense on the field for longer than the Broncos will. I also think that when the Bengals get within striking distance they will put the points on the board while the Broncos may not. Special teams may end up being a fairly big factor here... which offsets that both offenses should be able to have some degree of success. Factor in that this is an away game... and I think the Bengals get a victory here.

Broncos 22 Bengals 27
        Understand that I am a Bears fan but also that I have followed Orton's career. His ability to improve himself makes him a very easy guy to cheer for. I am here because I will continue to cheer for Orton unless his success interferes with the success of the Bears.

Comment

Realistically we can go 3-1 but I would not put 4-0 out of reach or thought. Dallas has a good pass rush but I would go out on a limb and say their secondary and sometimes run D is pretty shakey.

To win that Dal game we would have to be effective at spreading the ball around and keeping their D on their toes. We'd also have to pressure Romo into making mistakes because we all know how he is when he's flustered.

Comment

All of the games are winnable, but I say we lose to Dallas right away, without having too think about it too much..

I believe we'll win the other 3 though, assuming Marshall plays, and assuming Moreno is healthy..

I don't believe the hype in Cincinnati, and obviously the other 2 are probably even worse than we're expected to be..obviously they're all winnable, and while I believe we'll win all 3, it wouldn't surprise me if we lost 2 of them..

The only big surprise I would have is if we actually started 0-4..losing to teams like that would truly make us the worst team in the NFL..

Comment

Originally posted by CA_BroncoFan View Post
              Realistically we can go 3-1 but I would not put 4-0 out of reach or thought. Dallas has a good pass rush but I would go out on a limb and say their secondary and sometimes run D is pretty shakey.

To win that Dal game we would have to be effective at spreading the ball around and keeping their D on their toes. We'd also have to pressure Romo into making mistakes because we all know how he is when he's flustered.
              +1

I think you hit the nail on the head. BTW, Semper Fi.
              I've experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows. I think to really appreciate anything you have to be at both ends of the spectrum.

- John Elway ("Captain Comeback")

sigpic

Comment

I put 2-2.

I see the first game being bumpy vs Cincy with the rookies still getting used to NFL life and travels, plus uncertain questions about the QB at this time with injury. If Knowshon is 100% ready and Orton, plus B-Marsh, I see a W.

The Defense is getting better to me, but with too many variables, Ill say Loss on the first game.

I then see W's vs Cleveland and Da Rudders.

Dallas wins in a close one 17-14
                sigpic
                The Bronco fan pledge;
                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

2-2 3-1 either one is very possible
                  Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Originally posted by psychobear View Post
                    A rundown of how the teams match up.

Broncos Defense V Bengals Offense

Linemen play- Wash

The Bengals sport one of the worst offensive lines in football. However, if history has anything to say about it the Broncos have one of the worst front 7's in the NFL. The Broncos now currently will run a 3-4 which can confuse this line a bit and get to the QB. However, the Broncos line does have some road graters for the running game which could balance that out a bit.

Bronco's LB's V Bengals RB's/TE's- Advantage Bengals.

The Broncos are weak at LB and Cedric Benson is a runner who is tough to bring down (a bad matchup against the Broncos LB's). Even though the Bengals don't have anyone special at TE, Coats is a decent target in the passing game and a threat to block down in the running game. The Broncos best bet here is to blitz to try to get to the QB and stop Benson before he gets a head of steam going (and behind their blockers).

Bengal's passing attach V Bronco's secondary- Advantage Bengals

Chad Ocho Cinco may be dumb but he's still a great WR. They have added Coles to compliment him. Champ Bailey should be able to play Chad tough and I like the way he matches up against Chad. However Coles may prove too much to handle out there and you know Chad is going to get his catches. Plus, Dawkins isn't too great in coverage out there and is a liability against these 2 (although he should help in the running game some).

Palmer V Bronco's D- Advantage Palmer

I think Carson will have a rough go on this game. I think he'll have pressure in his face... and his primary target will be blanketed fairly well. However Coles may run free out there and Coats should be able to get some first downs. Carson hasn't been the same since his injury but he is still a great QB with some great help at WR. When Carson gets time... and he will have plays where he gets time... he will make the Broncos pay.

Overall- Advantage Bengals

The Broncos D is still new to this scheme and even if they are improved I don't know if they can handle the running game of the Bengals nor the passing threats that they have. I don't think the Bengals will have their way with the Broncos D all game... but I do think they will put up over 3 TD's with some more field goals.

Broncos Offense V Bengals Defense.

Line Play- Advantage Broncos

The Broncos have one of the better offensive lines in football and the Bengals have... well what they have probably shouldn't be considered starters. I would imagine a fairly clean pocket for Kyle. However, the line isn't that great anymore at run blocking and are running a new scheme.

Bronco's RB/TE V Bengals LB's- Wash

Dhani Jones is an underrated MLB even though the help he had wasn't great. Now they have first round pick Kieth Rivers helping him out. Scheffler is very solid... but the back may have trouble finding room to run considering the Broncos run blocking game. I just don't see Scheffler doing all too much damage to them and I expect the running game to work occasionally but also get stopped for no gain or a loss a decent amount.

Bronco Passing attack V Bengals Secondary- Advantage Broncos

The Bengals secondary doesn't look all too good and the Broncos have good wideouts. However, will Marshall play? If he does how well will he know this offense. Even without Brandon Marshall, the Broncos have an advantage here.

Orton V Bengals Defense- Advantage Orton

Orton should have a nice clean pocket to work in but does he truly get this offense yet? More so... is he going to be able to exploit the advantages he has? He relied on a strong running attack in Chicago and I don't know that he can do that here... which means to be successful he will need the recievers and him to execute flawlessless... or he'll have to hook up on some of the longer passes that he doesn't do too well. Still, he is money up until about 15 yards down which is enough for a first down.

Overall Broncos O V Bengals D- Advantage Broncos

The Broncos just have too much talent for things to go well for the Bengals D. However, I think we may be talking field goals compared to touchdowns. As the field shortens, the running game becomes more of a factor.

Special teams- Advantage Bengals

This preseason the Bengals were 9th in kick return yards compared to the Broncos who were 21st. Plus the Broncos coverage on kicks has been suspect. This could be a factor in the game.

Coaching- Marvin Lewis V Josh McDaniels- Advantage Marvin Lewis

Yes I know Josh is supposed to be a mastermind... he is still a rookie head coach facing a coach that has a lot of experience (even if he isn't a very good coach). The Bengals are also fairly set as far as schemes... where the Broncos still have a bit to learn I'm sure. McDaniels hasn't used the red flag before when it counts.

Overall- Bengals Victory

The Bengals arn't a great team but they match up fairly well against the Broncos. This game may come down to ball possession and I just think the Bengals are going to be able to keep the offense on the field for longer than the Broncos will. I also think that when the Bengals get within striking distance they will put the points on the board while the Broncos may not. Special teams may end up being a fairly big factor here... which offsets that both offenses should be able to have some degree of success. Factor in that this is an away game... and I think the Bengals get a victory here.

Broncos 22 Bengals 27
                    Pretty fair assessment.

Only true advantage you guys have over the Bengals is offensive lines. Other than that, they are better. Better defense. Better offense albeit the previously mentioned O line. Better special teams.

Comment

2-2 Losses to the bungles and cowboys

Comment

I also wouldn't overlook Oakland or Cleveland.

Cleveland has bolstered their offensive line which should help them out. They also have 2 QB's that look fairly good behind that offensive line, still have breylon edwards. Their defense was weak against the run but strong against the pass (which matches up well against the Broncos). I think Denver wins against Cleveland because they are at home.

Oakland is in oakland. They look pretty darn bad but it still IS at home for them. Oakland beat the Broncos once last year...
                        Understand that I am a Bears fan but also that I have followed Orton's career. His ability to improve himself makes him a very easy guy to cheer for. I am here because I will continue to cheer for Orton unless his success interferes with the success of the Bears.

Comment

3-1. We may not neccessarily lose to Dallas, but we are going to lose 1 of those games.

Comment

I think we've got a real shot at beating Cleveland and Oakland. Dallas will probably continue their usual trend of being really good at the beginning of the season and then slowly fall apart toward the end, which means they're probably going to trounce us.

I don't know what to make of Cincinnati. I guess it all depends on which of their teams show up. If it's the bickering spaz bunch of last year, we can probably take that game. If it's Carson Palmer / Ochocinco show of a couple years ago, we're in big trouble. Not to mention, we've still got some serious questions for opening day when it comes to who the hell is going to start at QB.

2-2 or 1-3

I'm sorry guys, but there's no way we're beating Dallas.

Comment

It's funny how some of you guys are saying that you have a chance against the Cowboys. In the 4 games the Broncos played 3-4 teams, they allowed 5 sacks and 2 of those games were against a Merriman-less Chargers. Now you have to face the best 3-4 OLB in Ware. It will not be pretty.

Their defense will shut down your offense. Their offense will move the ball against your defense pretty easily with Marion Barber, Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice running the ball. They also have Tony Romo, Roy Williams, and a top 3 TE in Witten.

Count on the Broncos losing by atleast two touchdowns that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Neleus View Post
                                It's funny how some of you guys are saying that you have a chance against the Cowboys. In the 4 games the Broncos played 3-4 teams, they allowed 5 sacks and 2 of those games were against a Merriman-less Chargers. Now you have to face the best 3-4 OLB in Ware. It will not be pretty.

Their defense will shut down your offense. Their offense will move the ball against your defense pretty easily with Marion Barber, Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice running the ball. They also have Tony Romo, Roy Williams, and a top 3 TE in Witten.

Count on the Broncos losing by atleast two touchdowns that game.
                                Funny huh?
                                Official 2009 Adopt-A-Bronco:Moreno, Knowshon

Comment

Working...
                                X