• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheat06
    Practice Squad
    • Feb 2007

Bust: Dale Carter

Draft Bust: Marcus Nash

Favorite: Terrell Davis - He got us over the hump to become World Champions!
    sigpic

We need the BOZ back in Norman!!

Comment

• Sequence
      Bench Warmer
      • Mar 2008

FA bust: T Henry/Dale Carter (tie)

Draft Bust: Ted Gregory

fave player: Edward Thomas McCaffrey. The ultimate football player. :salute!:

Comment

• japfaff
        USMCgrunt
        • Apr 2005

Ted Gregory was hands down the biggest bust. The guy was a first round draft pick and didnt make the team his rookie year.... Nothing else tops that
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• SheerCold
          Practice Squad
          • Dec 2008

Since, i'm only 16, i'm going pretty modern.

Biggest Draft Bust: Jarvis Moss (2007)

Favorite Draft Pick: D.J. Williams (2004)
          sigpic
          Props to Peerless^
          Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
          Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
          Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
          Pro-McDaniels

Comment

• deer_dance9
            Practice Squad
            • Mar 2005

both willie middlebrooks and lenny walls are in the cfl

willie is an argo
            walls is a bomber

both suck.....

as far as let downs, mcdaniels ( we shall see )

favorite would have to be c.p but then he got traded so d-will
            Canadian broncos fan for life

Comment

• dragster69
              Special Teams
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
              Hard to Believe I know, but I am trying to find things to keep me busy and not to be so negative when it comes to the Broncos....

I was wondering the following Questions

What Bronco made you just so hyped that you couldn't wait for him to start and then BAM - BUST ????

What Draft Pick is your biggiest BUST for the Broncos ????

Who is your Favorite Bronco of all time X-CLUDING #7 - Reason Please
              Bust: Mike Croel from Nebraska. I thought he was going to be a dominant player long missed on our defense

Biggest draft pick bust: Ted Gregory hands down

Favorite all time Bronco player: Rulon Jones
              sigpic
              I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• 80stheman
                Hall of Famer
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by BRADFORD'10 View Post
                Bust Draft: George Foster and Ashley lelie, because how do pass up not only on Ed Reed but Nnamdi Asomugha too...wow can you guys imagine our secondary right now if we had them both...wow champ and Nnamdi at corner and reed and dawk at the safeties wow!! Plus Lelie has been with 4 different teams since us!!!wow we are stupid we need better college scouts i guess!!!Oh ya Ayers will be one too!!!

Boom Draft: Eddie Royal,Elvis Dumervil,Darrent Williams (R.I.P #27 ALL READY),Peyton Hillis,Brandon Marshall (kinda),Kenny Mckinley (potential),Alphonso Smith(potential),Knowshon Moreno(will be),Terrell Davis,Al Wilson,Rod Smith,Ed Mccaffery, and not heard Shannon sharpe or Trevor Pryce!!!

Bust FA: Simeon Rice, Jerry Rice, and Travis Henry!!!

Boom FA: Jake Plummer(kinda),Denver Browncos, Brian Dawkins..can't think of anymore...

$$$$
                We didn't draft McCaffrey. He was drafted by the Giants in '91, cut by Dan Reeves and signed with SF in '94 when Shanahan and Kubiak were there, then signed with the Broncos in '95 when Shanny was named HC.

Rod wasn't drafted. He was a FA right out of college.

And how about Ryan Clady on your Boom Draft list? I'd say he belongs there.
                Last edited by 80stheman; 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Brakshow
                  Bringing back the crush!
                  • Oct 2007

I know its not a rookie bust, please dont flame me, but I think the biggest dissapointment recently to me was Javon walker...pick this guy up from GB for a 5 year 40mil deal and bam....pumpkin
                  sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                  Sig by: MHS

Comment

• dragster69
                    Special Teams
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    Ted Gregory was hands down the biggest bust. The guy was a first round draft pick and didnt make the team his rookie year.... Nothing else tops that
                    Exactly. Nothing trumps a 1st round pick bust!

From wikipedia:
                    Ted Gregory (born February 11, 1965 in Queens, New York) is a former professional American football defensive tackle who played one season for the New Orleans Saints in the National Football League. Gregory was drafted by the Denver Broncos. Gregory, who listed his height as 6'1"[1], infamously did not measure up. A shocked Dan Reeves, who is also listed as 6'1"[2] commented "I'm taller than he is" upon meeting Gregory after the draft. The Broncos ended up trading him before the end of his first training camp, and he is now regarded as one of the biggest draft busts in broncos history (if not the biggest).
                    Oh, anither bust...Jay Cutler. What did he do for us here? 17-23 as a starter?
                    You'd expect better than that!
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• White Dragon
                      Banned User
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                      I know its not a rookie bust, please dont flame me, but I think the biggest dissapointment recently to me was Javon walker...pick this guy up from GB for a 5 year 40mil deal and bam....pumpkin
                      Dude, Walker was great the year Denver got him.

I consider him a good pickup... it's unfortunate that what happened on January 1st, 2007 completely ruined his career and has really messed up his life.

I will never, EVER hold it against Walker for what happened, he tried to come back, but he'll never be right after what happened.

Comment

• Bronco Texan
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                        For those of you complaining about Dre Bly.

He was very good for the Broncos in 2008, especially when Champ was hurt. Everyone expected him to be exactly what Champ was and that's not fair to him. He had an awful defense around him and when he was one of the few bright spots, he still gets the shaft from Broncos fans. The ONLY reason he was let go this offseason is because his contract was outrageous.
                        I am glad someone said it. They guy wasn't perfect but he did one hell of a job for us. Too bad he started opposite of Champ and after DWill. If the Broncos ever got an actual Dline I think they could of had one of the top secondaries.

Comment

• Chillez
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2008

Biggest Bust: Travis Henry- Off field problems ruined his career.

Draft Bust: Marcus Nash- Was just flat out terrible WR when got on the field he just did not do anything. Lucky man he ended his career with 3 Super Bowl Rings without doing a single thing. Nash has Arena Football League going for him though..

Fav Player: John Elway- I grow up watching him on TV when I was 6. My uncle coached Elway in football he was in High School and was living in Missoula Montana at the time. I got some history there!! Elway probably will always by favorite player ever :salute!:
                          Last edited by Chillez; 09-08-2009, 11:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Eddiemac730
                            • Sep 2003

FA Bust Dale Carter

Draft Pick Jay Cutler

and my Favorite player of all time John Elway.

:go::go:
                            "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

• Grad53
                              Practice Squad
                              • Sep 2008

Draft Bust:
                              Gerald Willhite- 1st round draft pick??? Winder beat him out every year.

FA Bust:
                              Just too many.

Favorite: Otis Armstrong, Rick Upchurch (but only returning punts, not as a WR).
                              There is no plan B.

Comment

• JBBronco1
                                Practice Squad
                                • Nov 2008

Willhite

Originally posted by Grad53 View Post
                                Draft Bust:
                                Gerald Willhite- 1st round draft pick??? Winder beat him out every year.

FA Bust:
                                Just too many.

Favorite: Otis Armstrong, Rick Upchurch (but only returning punts, not as a WR).
                                Gerald wasn't all that bad, but he just wasn't worth the #1 pick when we took him in 1982. However, I think that, at the time, Reeves was looking for a back fairly similar to Tony Dorsett to run that moronic Dallas system, so he took Gerald. However, we could have had OG Roy Foster, or perhaps even WR Mike Quick, but I am not sure. Man, Quick and Elway would have kicked maximum behind.

Trade busts:

1. 1980: Under Red Miller's regime, the Broncs acquired QB Matt Robinson from the Jets for their 1980 #1, one of their 80 #2's, and QB Craig Penrose. The guy was on the bench by the end of the season. Miller didn't get it into his head that Morton wasn't the problem, but the O-line and running game was.

2. 1967: Trading Hall-of-Fame CB Willie Brown to the Raiders!!! I can't believe that.

Comment

Working...
                                X