Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exultu
    replied
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13
    I don't like Cutler but at least he'd take advantage of the entire field.
    Yeah right he showed that yesterday my friend go Cutler.:orton::go:

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    Originally posted by broncojuan
    Oh is that what i was doing? Isn't that a little like the pot calling the kettle black?
    By continually telling people you don't agree with that they ain't welcome you are implying that you only wish to have people here that will validate your opinion.

I'm rooting for a 19-0 season but I'm predicting a 5-11 season. There is a difference. I have no problem with people who disagree with my opinions my problem is when people say other people ain't fans because they see flaws in this team. If you prove us wrong it's still a good thing for me but yesterdays game only made me feel like I have been right all along.
    Part of being a fan is having faith in your team. You can't say "I hope I'm wrong" after tirelessly arguing that you are right throughout the several other threads I've read your posts in. Yes, you've been a fan longer than I've been alive, but that's completely irrelevant in this situation.

Just giving some examples, we have this, this, and this to support my statement. By all means, support your case if you'd like. I'm all ears.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Oh is that what i was doing? Isn't that a little like the pot calling the kettle black?
    By continually telling people you don't agree with that they ain't welcome you are implying that you only wish to have people here that will validate your opinion.

I'm rooting for a 19-0 season but I'm predicting a 5-11 season. There is a difference. I have no problem with people who disagree with my opinions my problem is when people say other people ain't fans because they see flaws in this team. If you prove us wrong it's still a good thing for me but yesterdays game only made me feel like I have been right all along.
    I never said they weren't welcome because of their opinion, I said they weren't welcome with the constant negativity. I also said, I speak only for myself. Additionally, the post you are talking about is in a completely different thread.

Back to my comments in THIS thread:

MY TEAM'S QB played perdy danged good, and I'm proud of it. I won't apologize for it, and I won't let a bunch of internet half-witted eternal pessimists make me feel bad. We're all entitled to our opinion, and I'm REALLY cool with that.
    The one thing that I lashed out about was the fact that people are having a discussion, and one of said pessimists decides he's going to interject in the conversation with a, what he most likely thought, "clever" quip. It had nothing to do with the topic, and it was blatantly only said to stir crap.

Like Fargo said, I'm not going anywhere. There are HORDES of people on this board that are so afraid of being wrong, they figure the right road to travel is being a complete asshat instead of voicing their opinions/doubts/concerns in a discussion-able way. I've been defending MY team since day 1 against these people, and I'm not going away anytime soon.

I'm sorry but "I think Kyle Orton sucks" or "He can't start anywhere else but" here is not a discussion. It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my own beliefs or agendas. Someone wrote a heartfelt, well thought out post, and the pessimists are so scared of losing objectivity, they think they have to crap all over it. I'm not just talking about THIS thread either.

In the end, It is what it is. But, here are the facts: Orton isn't going anywhere. McDaniels isn't going anywhere. The Denver Broncos are 1-0.

And, Anonymity + Audience = Jerkwad.

Leave a comment:

• AC1
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin
    Hello all, I have come to gloat, so be forewarned.

I'm member number 303 in the Kyle Orton Army, and I'm very proud of my general today.

I want to get this off my chest, and perhaps enlighten some of you nay-sayers and hold-outs so that you're not quite as shamed when all is said and done as you otherwise might be.

Let's address the issue that some are making of Orton underthrowing his receivers.

Hint: He does that on purpose, and no, I'm not kidding. Put your egos and zealotry away for a moment, shut your mouths, and open your ears and mind. Maybe you'll learn something as I explain why he does this on purpose.

The fact of the matter is that despite working with the team for many months now, he's had to learn a complex offense. He's had to work with many receivers, some of which simply aren't even with the team any more. Marshall hasn't been around to work with at all; through no fault of Kyle Orton's.

When a receiver has his coverage beat and the quarterback is not familiar enough with the receiver to gauge that receiver's speed, which is better? Overthrowing the ball so that the receiver cannot catch it, or underthrowing the ball so that the receiver can catch it and then get tackled on a completed pass that got some yards and perhaps some YAC?

This is coupled with the fact that Orton has a thingymickbob on his hand, and rather than risk overthrowing the receiver (which would be an incomplete) he errs on the side of caution so that the receiver can at least have a shot at catching the ball.

People - ignorant people - confuse this or attempt to capitalize on it and proclaim that Orton is inaccurate or can't throw deep.

They could not be more wrong.

He's under-throwing on purpose, and for very good reasons.

Yesterday, Kyle Orton went into a very hostile and inspired environment against a good defense and a potent offense. He did so with a starting wide receiver that has spent more time in a court room than a weight room this off-season, a thingamickjig on his hand, one of if not THE most complex offense in football, a backup on the line (Kuper is injured), a team with 30 players that have never been here before, a brand new coaching staff (almost 100% of them), receivers (more than one - note the plural) that dropped balls, a brand new defensive scheme, a brand new organization from top to bottom...

And all he did was win.

He posted a 100.7 QB rating and for 59 minutes made no mistakes, keeping the Broncos up by 6 points to a very good offense. He never gave them a chance to steal anything from us. At the end of the game the opposition got a touchdown (through no fault of Orton's!) and we appeared screwed.

In the end though, we were close enough that one play made the difference.

It's time for some folks to admit they were wrong, which might explain why it's so quiet here today.

Orton is a good quarterback, and he's smarter than most quarterbacks - and apparently smarter than most fans as well.

He's humble and a leader, and he hasn't once even bothered to try to defend himself from the ignorant remarks that he can't throw deep. Instead, all he's done was go out there, work his ass off, stay positive, lead and win.

This isn't something a quarterback should do.

It's everything a quarterback should do.

It's time some of us gave credit where it was earned, and thank Kyle for enduring what he's had to endure since he got here.

Next weekend we play on our home field. We saw how loud this stadium can be when we're angry.

Let's show the world how loud we can be not when we're angry...

But when we believe.

See you at the game - and I hope to hear you too!

GO BRONCOS!
    Orton is a good QB and deserves a chance to show what he's got. With that said hwoever, saying that he is smarter and works harder than most QBs is ridiculous. It's also ridiculous to use this last game to say "all he does is win". This game was not won because of Kyle Orton. If that's the best he can do, we will need another QB soon.

If you want to thank Orton for "enduring" what every QB and player has to deal with, go right ahead and while you're at it, thank Jarvis Moss for enduring far worse than Orton was.

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81
    Where did I ever ask for validation? Where did I ever seek approval, or a pat on the back for that matter?

You're so desperate to be an internet tough-guy you're pulling stuff out of your rear.
    Originally posted by Fargo
    If you're so desperate to see a 5-11 season, you're not rooting for the right team. If you take issue with us challenging your stance, feel free to go to the Orange Colored Glasses Section. We've waited a long time to prove you guys wrong, and we're not leaving any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Shsonline
    replied
    Originally posted by KO8pectate
    So now you are predicting a road blow out win ? lol

this comes after you didnt think we could win at because we had Orton at QB ? lol

Its to the point that you dont even attempt to add anything football relevant
    the bengals had Carson Palmer...and they lost.

Leave a comment:

• KO8pectate
    replied
    We wouldn't have needed a thrilling victory if we had a decent quarterback because we would have blown out the Bungles.

If we had our own "Carson Palmer" caliber quarterback it would have been over early.
    So now you are predicting a road blow out win ? lol

this comes after you didnt think we could win at because we had Orton at QB ? lol

Its to the point that you dont even attempt to add anything football relevant

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    It's not that unbelievable that people are less then inspired about yesterdays performance against a bottom tier team. Did the D look good or are the Bengals just that bad? Was The O that bad or was the Bengals D just too good?"

The thing is I picked The Broncos to win 5 games, and yesterdays was one of the wins, and now I'm not sure about the other 4.

And just because KO and the coach are here doesn't mean we have to like it, if you are so desperate for validation that you want everybody to agree with you please feel free to stick to the Orange colored glasses section.
    If you're so desperate to see a 5-11 season, you're not rooting for the right team. If you take issue with us challenging your stance, feel free to go to the Orange Colored Glasses Section. We've waited a long time to prove you guys wrong, and we're not leaving any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    It's not that unbelievable that people are less then inspired about yesterdays performance against a bottom tier team. Did the D look good or are the Bengals just that bad? Was The O that bad or was the Bengals D just too good?"

The thing is I picked The Broncos to win 5 games, and yesterdays was one of the wins, and now I'm not sure about the other 4.

And just because KO and the coach are here doesn't mean we have to like it, if you are so desperate for validation that you want everybody to agree with you please feel free to stick to the Orange colored glasses section.
    Where did I ever ask for validation? Where did I ever seek approval, or a pat on the back for that matter?

You're so desperate to be an internet tough-guy you're pulling stuff out of your rear.

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    I second that.

Run along and find something else to do. You people need to quit acting like you have sand in your buttcrack all the time. It's UNBELIEVABLE that we won the game and everyone is acting like we just lost 12 in a row.

Get over yourselves.

Orton is the QB for the year, barring injury, and Coach is the coach, no matter how much you may want it to change. Get used to it. Should you not be able to, I'd suggest a new waste of time to you.

Leave a comment:

• mx_stiles13
    replied
    Like I said, not directed solely at you.

You like to talk about common sense. Didn't common sense tell you that your post of:

would probably would stir stuff up?

Again, its like the bad kid in class that when the attention gets on him, he says "Oh, I didn't mean it like thaaaaat!"

You knew what you were doing. I took issue with it. I told you how I felt, you told me how you felt, and now were done.
    I think Kyle Orton isn't a very good quarterback. That has nothing to do with putting down posters.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    You are talking to me about this? I have been insulted over and over and have tried my best not to stoop to that level. I just think we can do much better than Kyle Orton.
    Like I said, not directed solely at you.

You like to talk about common sense. Didn't common sense tell you that your post of:

Doesn't change the fact that Orton wouldn't start on many other teams (arguably all of them) in the league.
    would probably would stir stuff up?

Again, its like the bad kid in class that when the attention gets on him, he says "Oh, I didn't mean it like thaaaaat!"

You knew what you were doing. I took issue with it. I told you how I felt, you told me how you felt, and now were done.

Leave a comment:

• IrateBearsFan
    replied
    I just think we can do much better than Kyle Orton.
    you could do a heck of alot worse too. Orton has talent to drive the ball with the right tools. I think we've got the right tools, but they have to show up to play. I didn't see Brandon Marshall or Knowshon Moreno show up to play yesterday. I saw a couple of peeps wearing those numbers though.

Leave a comment:

• mx_stiles13
    replied
    I'll put down anyone that is quite obviously venturing into forums beating their chest putting down other posters.

Get over yourself. If you want to discuss, discuss.
    If you want to put people down for their opinions and get completely rude with people, then go to Talkin' Smack.

This isn't just directed at you, its directed at everyone that thinks they need to post in every thread why everyone else is an idiot and they themselves are right.

You are talking to me about this? I have been insulted over and over and have tried my best not to stoop to that level. I just think we can do much better than Kyle Orton.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by donkoptimist
    A lot of people are complaining about the sack Orton took, but I personally was happy to see that rather than another left handed pass!
    He totally could have muscled a ball lefty in there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎