No announcement yet.

Post game rants---Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think too much is being read into this. In JMD interview today he said plainly that there are alot of recievers that deserve to play. I don't think that he is making a point, but he honestly believes that all the recievers have earned the right to play ahead of Marshall. And until Marshall shows that his play is better than theirs or that not putting him in is hurting the teams chances to win, then why play him over someone who earned it.

That being said JMD also said that they are using different packages that require certain talents, so when Marshalls package came up he went in.

Comment

• Just a question Alastor, without the "angels in heaven" pass to Stokley in week 1, what would Orton's ypc be? I'm not trying to instigate, I just don't give Orton credit in my mind for that play because he really threw a bad pass that was miraculously caught for a TD. Just did the math, 6.44
      Last edited by andrewmlb; 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM.
      I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
      I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
      I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
      "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
      God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
      Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• orton's career TD:INT ratio in the redzone is 23:2

jay cutler had, what, 7 red zone INTs last season?

good riddance

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
          Just a question Alastor, without the "angels in heaven" pass to Stokley in week 1, what would Orton's ypc be? I'm not trying to instigate, I just don't give Orton credit in my mind for that play because he really threw a bad pass that was miraculously caught for a TD. Just did the math, 6.44
          It doesnt really matter, because the play counts. Orton threw the pass, it was deflected, and Stokely ran it in for a TD.

QB get YAC.

QB also get deflections that become INT's (like our D did to Palmer in week 1).

Just like in the game on now. Manning throws a 20 yard pass, and Clark runs 60 yards to the house. Manning gets credited with an 80 yard pass.

Its the way the stats are.

As for Orton: I think he is a smart QB. For what he lacks in athlectism (okay, scrambling ability), he makes up with good decision making.

Does he make mistakes? Yes, all QB's do. But I think his learning curve is very good, and he is learning fast. McDaniels is a very good coach, and Orton will thrive under the good coaching.

If he does well this year-and I think he will- he'll be back for a few more years. Denver will sign him. At least I hope they will, because I like it when the Broncos win games.

I dont care if the win looks flashy, or minimal in highlights.

Win. And Orton has proven he can win in this league. Who knows if he can take it to the next level? I hope we find out.
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

• I understand that, and you are correct. I'm not trying to take away anything that Orton has done. I was just wondering what his numbers would be like without that play
            I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
            I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
            I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
            God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
            Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• I love how people are still throwing out completion % as if it's Orton's downfall. Anyone who watched the game against the Browns knows that Orton is a smart football player. He threw multiple balls away, preventing being sacked and furthermore, not risking a pass that could be intercepted.

Throwing the ball away gimps completion %. Throwing the ball away prevents potential turnovers.

Also, he said on 5-6 plays in the first half there was miscommunication (check his post-game conference interview). This would also gimp completion %. He went on to say they need to fix that, and I bet you during practice this week, they try to fix this.

If Orton and his WRs get on the same page (no miscommunication), this could improve completion %. However, Orton will contiue to throw the ball away or "to the dirt" as some people like to say, rather than throwing the ball up and risking an interception.

Please. Completion % does not justify how well Orton is playing when you take into consideration what I have just explained. It has prevented interceptions, which Orton has 0 going into week 3. Can't say that for a handful of QBs in the league right now. Top QBs.
              2009 Adopted Denver Bronco: Kyle Orton :orton:

2010 Adopted Denver Bronco: Jason Hunter

Tao of Elvis #1

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                I remember an article and discussion about B.Dawk staying out of the Marshall trouble because it was a money issue. But now that Brandon is [email protected]$$ing it on the field and hurting our chances to win (as we saw in the 1st half vs. Cleveland), do you think Dawkins or another leader said something to him at halftime? He came out and looked like the old B-Marsh in the 3rd quarter.
                Thank you Adam Schefter. Seriously, why all of this conjecture about why Brandon Marshall didn't play much in the first half, when the fact of the matter is he is probably not acclimated 100% with the playbook yet, and other WRs on the team are ahead of him in the rotation due to experience with the new scheme.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• This thread has been cleaned up.

Please keep the smack talk in the smack section, and refrain from name calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                    Orton's average yards per pass is 7.8 which by the way, is higher than Cutler's was last season (or ever for that matter). Link.

Jay Cutler's is currently 6.9 yards per completion.

Got to look at career #'s. I'm not worried about a couple game stats or wins/losses(those are teams not a single player). Over his career KO has been to low in comp% and ypc to be a legit franchise qb. But not every team is going to have one of those, the vast majority of qb's are just average, and most of them have good careers, Kyle will be one of them.

I'm not convinced Jay will be a franchise guy, but he is definately a better prospect then the Bears have seen in my lifetime, so I understood why they jumped for it. I have no doubt that, if Jay didn't get traded, and KO had a season that was equal to or better then he had last year, they would have signed him to a 5yr or so deal and then started looking for a guy to groom as his replacement.

I've watched the kid since he was at Purdue, he's not going to be that special talent, but he will win games and play good smart football. And between him and Cassle I would take KO every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoslifer78 View Post
                      Aight sounds like you wanted to hear only good things about the guy... Why even post if you just want to here how Ayers walks on water?...

Pesonally while I will not label him a bust since he is making a transistion from 1 position to the other I will say that I do not think he will end up being in the league as a starter for a long long time if ever.

He simple is to stiff and not very strong by evidence of his bench press numbers. He can work on the strength hell he can even work on having 1 move other then the bull rush we see ever single freaking game, but will he?...

I think thats the question, how much heart and drive does this kid have. Only time will tell but from what I seen he has a long, very long way to go.
                      next time you find a rookie DE switching to LB who went to camp late that is still able to bull rush an all pro LT like Joe Thomas you let me know...he may as well be walking on water...

Comment

• How long

when is all the jay cutler talk going to end, he is not a bronco anymore so let it go.....PLEASE LET IT GO... lets move on with our new qb we cant go back and change the past so lets live in the present

Comment

• Originally posted by kosok View Post
                          Got to look at career #'s.
                          I did look at career numbers. Orton's is better than Cutler's.

I mean... I said as much, and I linked you right to it...

Kyle Orton has a better yards per completion rate than Jay Cutler did, both by season and by career for the Broncos.

Work with me, Kosak.

Comment

• Originally posted by kosok View Post
                            Got to look at career #'s. I'm not worried about a couple game stats or wins/losses(those are teams not a single player). Over his career KO has been to low in comp% and ypc to be a legit franchise qb. But not every team is going to have one of those, the vast majority of qb's are just average, and most of them have good careers, Kyle will be one of them.

I'm not convinced Jay will be a franchise guy, but he is definately a better prospect then the Bears have seen in my lifetime, so I understood why they jumped for it. I have no doubt that, if Jay didn't get traded, and KO had a season that was equal to or better then he had last year, they would have signed him to a 5yr or so deal and then started looking for a guy to groom as his replacement.

I've watched the kid since he was at Purdue, he's not going to be that special talent, but he will win games and play good smart football. And between him and Cassle I would take KO every time.
                            Good post.

People throw around "franchise QB" alot...there's what...maybe 10 in the league at any given time. And go franchise to franchise and see how many they've had in their history.

San Fransisco is probably the luckiest, seeing as how both of their "Franchise QB's" were the closest back to back in recent memory.

I'm not looking at any stats or anything here, but I'll wager to guess the AVERAGE amount of time between "franchise" QB's is around 20 years, if at all.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac99 View Post
                              next time you find a rookie DE switching to LB who went to camp late that is still able to bull rush an all pro LT like Joe Thomas you let me know...he may as well be walking on water...
                              Or probably already is, if he can do that.

Comment

• "Orton is a team player and I'm glad that he just fills his role" has my vote, he's 2-0 i can't complain. Above that he showed improvement in game 2, hopefully he's more comfortable next week even, without the glove.

Comment

Working...
                                X