No announcement yet.

Knowshon Moreno = Clinton Portis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing a guy who has limped off the field nearly as many times as he has picked up a first down, to a player that was ROY, has had multiple 1500 yard and pro bowl seasons??? Come On.

No-Show reminds me of Reggie Bush with no speed or return ability. I think for his whole career he is going to be a guy that can do a few things, then one hard shot he is knicked and out he goes for a few games.

I think he gets the benifit of coming out in a year where the RB talent lvl was one of the lowest ever. In most years he is third RB taken, and maybe second.
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

I was really hoping that he was a WHOLE lot smarter than CP, but their running doesn't remind me of each other at all.

Moreno reminds me more of a Sean Aleander than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        Comparing a guy who has limped off the field nearly as many times as he has picked up a first down, to a player that was ROY, has had multiple 1500 yard and pro bowl seasons??? Come On.

No-Show reminds me of Reggie Bush with no speed or return ability. I think for his whole career he is going to be a guy that can do a few things, then one hard shot he is knicked and out he goes for a few games.

I think he gets the benifit of coming out in a year where the RB talent lvl was one of the lowest ever. In most years he is third RB taken, and maybe second.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post

Lmao first Robert Ayers is a bust now Knowshon too? You're pretty funny..

Comment

Originally posted by kozzy420 View Post
            I like what I see our of Moreno and Portis is one of my favorite RB's of all time (behind Sanders and Davis).

I think the main difference is Portis has more power while Moreno is faster.
            I would love if Moreno could be as consistent as Portis, its just to early to tell yet imo.

Great things are in the future for Moreno, I can just tell! Hope we keep him here for alot of years :salute!:
            Actually its the other way around bro. Portis is much faster than knowshon. But knowshon is stronger and quicker. There is a difference between SPEED and QUICKS. Speed is a persons top-end speed, the ability to run away from a defender. Quickness is how fast it takes u to reach ur top end speed. Theres a play by moreno this past week, he bounced it outside and was about 4 yards in the backfield. He made a cut and he was already a yard short of the 1st down.

Comment

I like what I see our of Moreno and Portis is one of my favorite RB's of all time (behind Sanders and Davis).

I would love if Moreno could be as consistent as Portis, its just to early to tell yet imo.

Great things are in the future for Moreno, I can just tell! Hope we keep him here for alot of years :salute!:
              I think you have the two of them backwards. Portis 40 time comming out of college was 4.25 and in 2006 at redskins camp was clocked at 4.15
              Moreno ran a 4.6 at the combine. He does have game speed but not a blazer like portis

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                Portis has that rare gift of "one step acceleration". Most rb's (and wr's too) take a few steps to get to speed. Portis doesn't, he takes one, maybe two and he's gone. It is a truly rare gift. Combine that with good power and excellent balance, and you have one heckava runner. Portis is also blessed with amazing speed on top of that.

I havent seen enough of Moreno to really come to fair comparison where he stands with other runners.
                I agree with u on that.
                Lets use n example: Last weeks game vs Browns, Say Knoshon,Correll,nPortis all do that same play(the play in which Correll got a TD) Portis would have got to the endzone 10 seconds if not 15 seconds quicker than Correll n Knoshon. Portis is maybe the only RB Denver has had that i would but n the same list as Davis.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Portis CURRENTLY has more power. When he was in Denver he was thinner, smaller and a more elusive back. Now in Washington he added bulk but doesn't impress me as much there as he did here. I think he tried to become something he wasn't or maybe it's just Washington.
                  John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

Originally posted by daspeedster View Post
                    Actually its the other way around bro. Portis is much faster than knowshon. But knowshon is stronger and quicker. There is a difference between SPEED and QUICKS. Speed is a persons top-end speed, the ability to run away from a defender. Quickness is how fast it takes u to reach ur top end speed. Theres a play by moreno this past week, he bounced it outside and was about 4 yards in the backfield. He made a cut and he was already a yard short of the 1st down.
                    I should have read your post first I agree.
                    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

Knowshon is his own kind of back,,, can't realy compare him to others...
                      Once he gets comfotable,,, he's going to put on one hell of a show every Sunday!
                      sigpic

Comment

Moreno can't touch what Portis did as a Bronco. Unless a very serious miracle happens. Portis 3000+ yards and 31 TDs in his first 2 seasons. That's an impact greater than Adrian Peterson. That's what Shanahan did, he traded our Adrian Peterson.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteyford View Post
                          too soon?

anyone else see the resemblance?

ahhhhhhh

every year we seem to find the next TD. Please give it a rest.

Comment

after watching the highlight video knowshon:

- has amazing lateral quickness and movement, always keeps his legs pumping so he can turn 1 yard runs into 5, and 5 into 15 it seems.

- is very quick and agile, but gets chased down from behind occasionally

- he is patient and waits on the blocks, and I think the game right now is too fast for him and he is waiting too long. Once he starts getting game speed, with faster blocker recognition he can do well here

- his looks to be a very good SHORT yardage back. Yes i said it, he keeps his shoulder down when he is in tight, and keeps his legs moving. On top of that he uses lateral movements to keep defenders offbalance so he can continue moving downhill.

But is he portis?

all of this means nothing until he can do it at the prolevel like portis did
                            Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

Comment

I was skeptical at first him not playing that much but after last weeks game has potential!

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                                I agree with u on that.
                                Lets use n example: Last weeks game vs Browns, Say Knoshon,Correll,nPortis all do that same play(the play in which Correll got a TD) Portis would have got to the endzone 10 seconds if not 15 seconds quicker than Correll n Knoshon. Portis is maybe the only RB Denver has had that i would but n the same list as Davis.

I know your exagerating, but that play took only 10 seconds.
                                its a 45 yard run. Certainly portis is fast, but buck is not that much slower.
                                Signature for rent.

Comment

Working...
                                X