Comment

• Chidoze
      Playmaker
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Whiteyford View Post
      too soon?

anyone else see the resemblance?
      Honestly, it's too soon.

CP had enormous burst through the line and had great vision.

KM looks slow compared to CP. Not saying he's bad but so far, he's not close to CP's level.
      sigpic

Comment

• kozzy420
        Practice Squad
        • Nov 2008

I like what I see our of Moreno and Portis is one of my favorite RB's of all time (behind Sanders and Davis).

I think the main difference is Portis has more power while Moreno is faster.
        I would love if Moreno could be as consistent as Portis, its just to early to tell yet imo.

Great things are in the future for Moreno, I can just tell! Hope we keep him here for alot of years :salute!:
        sigpic
        Favorite Broncos Ever =
        - Elway
        - Atwater
        - T.Davis
        - Sharpe
        - Ed Mccaffrey
        - Rod Smith
        - Champ Bailey

Comment

• bronco4life88
          Practice Squad
          • Mar 2008

if knowshon is any bronco running back he is floyd little

Comment

• Broncoyearound
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2009

Moreno is a great downhill runner from the little bit I seen of him so far. Once he gets up to speed in the NFL I think he will begin to show us what he brings to the organization.
            :go:

Comment

• MH Stampede
              Lifelong Broncos Fan
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
              Honestly, it's too soon.

CP had enormous burst through the line and had great vision.

KM looks slow compared to CP. Not saying he's bad but so far, he's not close to CP's level.
              Portis has that rare gift of "one step acceleration". Most rb's (and wr's too) take a few steps to get to speed. Portis doesn't, he takes one, maybe two and he's gone. It is a truly rare gift. Combine that with good power and excellent balance, and you have one heckava runner. Portis is also blessed with amazing speed on top of that.

I havent seen enough of Moreno to really come to fair comparison where he stands with other runners.
              sigpic

Comment

• MH Stampede
                Lifelong Broncos Fan
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by bronco4life88 View Post
                if knowshon is any bronco running back he is floyd little
                Floyd was a power back with good balance. The man simply couldnt be brought down by one defender, he had to be gang tackled just about every time he had the ball. I havent seen enough of Moreno to really make a fair comparison, but I do not think he is a true power back like Little was.
                sigpic

Comment

• bronco4life88
                  Practice Squad
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                  Floyd was a power back with good balance. The man simply couldnt be brought down by one defender, he had to be gang tackled just about every time he had the ball. I havent seen enough of Moreno to really make a fair comparison, but I do not think he is a true power back like Little was.
                  floyd little once said i dont think im a power back i just try to run around as many people as possible like moreno

Comment

• milehigh1990
                    Practice Squad
                    • Sep 2009

whoa... slow down a second. It's waaaaayyy too early for this. But is the spirit of fun...
                    Knowshon reminds me of TD. Just a balanced back who loves the game. We'll see how he pans out. All i know, is watch for a huge game this week from number 27.

Comment

• Hoserman117
                      Pwnin' Nubz
                      • Dec 2006

Portis had his breakout game in week 3 against the Bills, hopefully Moreno can have a similar game against the Raiders this weekend.

Comment

• distill3r
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by milehigh1990 View Post
                        whoa... slow down a second. It's waaaaayyy too early for this. But is the spirit of fun...
                        Knowshon reminds me of TD. Just a balanced back who loves the game. We'll see how he pans out. All i know, is watch for a huge game this week from number 27.
                        I hope so, because I have him startin' on my fantasy team. ;-)

But in all seriousness, a mix of love for the game and true talent are ALWAYS good with a player. He's got a great mentality, and from what I've seen, he seems like such a positive guy who isn't afraid to lay his body on the line (once he gets used to the speed of the NFL). I love the guy, he's funny as hell and he's super likable. I don't watch college FB so I don't have TOO much prior knowledge of him, but I'm very excited about the guy.

Comment

• Caliraiderhater
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2004

Knowshon slow? I mean he might not run a 4.3 40 but every time I've seen him run the ball so far this season I always end up thinking how quick he hits the hole. Meaning his "timed" speed might not be unbelievably impressive but his game speed is crazy!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• milehigh1990
                            Practice Squad
                            • Sep 2009

just watch this vid and tell me it doesn't get you wet.

really...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Biggregb
                              Starter
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                              Portis has that rare gift of "one step acceleration". Most rb's (and wr's too) take a few steps to get to speed. Portis doesn't, he takes one, maybe two and he's gone. It is a truly rare gift. Combine that with good power and excellent balance, and you have one heckava runner. Portis is also blessed with amazing speed on top of that.

I havent seen enough of Moreno to really come to fair comparison where he stands with other runners.
                              Portis HAD that top end speed. I think he may have lost a step. I was watching him against the Giants two weeks ago and he broke a nice run but couldn't out run the secondary like he used to. That said he's still a stud and quicker than 80 percent of the backs in the NFL. I liken Moreno to TD, not saying he's in TDs class but he reminds me a lot of him. Great balance, strong, quick to the hole, good decision making, not world class speed but put the pads on him, give him the ball and he'll out run whoever is chasing him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X