ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Here is a article from ESPN insiders. Its Bailey vs. Smith or Williams, depending who he covers.

Bailey is the best shutdown corner in the league, and the fact that he can manhandle either one of these receivers in single-coverage highlights his outstanding versatility. Williams needs time to build speed to be effective, so it's imperative that he get a clean release at the line of scrimmage.

Although Williams weighs over 30 pounds more than Bailey, Bailey has outstanding strength and will jam Williams at the line preventing him from getting downfield quickly. Smith is an experienced veteran who will use technique and sound footwork to make it more difficult for Bailey to press him, but it won't matter.

Bailey has the burst out of his cuts and ability to change directions to prevent Smith from getting open underneath. The bottom line is that Bailey has the speed to recover when either receiver gets behind him, which means that he can be extremely aggressive jumping underneath routes.

Hmm, I wonder which they will have Bailey covering?

Re: ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Originally posted by EMCF
    Here is a article from ESPN insiders. Its Bailey vs. Smith or Williams, depending who he covers.

Bailey is the best shutdown corner in the league, and the fact that he can manhandle either one of these receivers in single-coverage highlights his outstanding versatility. Williams needs time to build speed to be effective, so it's imperative that he get a clean release at the line of scrimmage.

Although Williams weighs over 30 pounds more than Bailey, Bailey has outstanding strength and will jam Williams at the line preventing him from getting downfield quickly. Smith is an experienced veteran who will use technique and sound footwork to make it more difficult for Bailey to press him, but it won't matter.

Bailey has the burst out of his cuts and ability to change directions to prevent Smith from getting open underneath. The bottom line is that Bailey has the speed to recover when either receiver gets behind him, which means that he can be extremely aggressive jumping underneath routes.

Tell me something I didnt know. Just kidding , good article. So it will be up to Herndon to do his part. Btw, I watch the KC game abain and was blown away by DJ Williams man on man coverage of Gonzo and wr Morton.

Comment

Damn, I wish Lenny Walls was playing this week. It would have been great to see him and Reggie Williams go at it one on one since they are about the same height. It would have been fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
        Good post but being that Williams is 30 puonds heavier, hopefully he dont try to do some jamming of his own! I remember when John Teerlinker was here he used to tell the WR to run right smack into the corners to kinda send them into a daze!
        Well, if Bailey can get physical with the best TE in the game and cover him effectively then I'm not worried about a freaking rookie.

Comment

Re: Re: ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
          Tell me something I didnt know. Just kidding , good article. So it will be up to Herndon to do his part. Btw, I watch the KC game abain and was blown away by DJ Williams man on man coverage of Gonzo and wr Morton.
          Man, why the hell do you have that picture in your sig? That's disgusting. Please get rid of it.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Ypu know with a sig like that your diggin your own grave here. Seriously dude an old mann spreading his ass cheeks isnt funny at all and is really disgusting. Im wondering why youd even consider something like that to submitt as your sig!
            Okay, I just saw one of the moderator's posts with the same picture in his sig line. I think some jerk is hacking into the links somehow and switching the pic.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Originally posted by Javalon
              Man, why the hell do you have that picture in your sig? That's disgusting. Please get rid of it.
              It was a the Lynch-Hall hit. I havent seen a thing. But I didnt do it, sorry for whatever happened.

Comment

Those last few posts were a funny read. Thanks guys. lol
                Originally posted by boltzpride619
                What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

lol Hey in this crazy world of Denver Broncos forums, I just figured he was being another smart ass. The idea of a hacker or some guys being pissed about his bandwitdh didnt even come to mind! But it was a good fix on his part to get all these mofos to leave his clip alone lol!

But again Bleedblueandorange my apoligies!
                  It's all gravy. I dont trip about anything on a computer. I probably would have said the same thing. I just saw it and I know it must have been aweful.

Comment

It's because you were stealing bandwidth, and they were sick of it. Since it was their site you were stealing from, they can put any picture up there and name it the same thing as the Lynch sig and it will appear in your signatures. It serves you right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                      It's because you were stealing bandwidth, and they were sick of it. Since it was their site you were stealing from, they can put any picture up there and name it the same thing as the Lynch sig and it will appear in your signatures. It serves you right!!
                      I'm sure you have a point. I dont really know as much about this as you do. I just wanted a Lynch hit in my sig. Who ever did it didnt do a thing to me. I never saw it on my sig. Even if I did I would have simply removed it. Apparently you know what this person is feeling and you can relate. But I dont, so I just think the guy is some sort of freak.

Comment

Re: ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Originally posted by EMCF

Why not both at the same time? He is SUPERMAN afterall. I bet he can cover both guys at the same time and do it with one hand tied behind his back.
                        For Jags about to ROCK, we salute you!

In the Jack Del Rio era:
                        5-1 when Freddy T gets 24+ carries
                        1-10 when he gets less than 24 carries

Comment

Re: Re: ESPN Insider Column: Bailey vs. Smith/Williams

Originally posted by JagsRock
                          Why not both at the same time? He is SUPERMAN afterall. I bet he can cover both guys at the same time and do it with one hand tied behind his back.
                          Finally, a fan of another team has seen the light
                          My other love...
                          sigpic
                          305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
                          X