Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were not expected to go 3-0 from the start, I don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

• I can't see the games... How good is the D please explain

I don't have Directv this year and the games haven't been on other channels. I know they lead the league and Pitt lost (haven't looked good yet). So I do believe it will be deemed statistically the best D so far by points, etc...

Things were done in the off season but didn't see this coming. Is it real?

Comment

• stats up to week 3 dont mean anything, but this broncos D is flat out impressive. Yes they have gone up against some bad teams (and a mistake filled cincy team) but to have played this well, for three straight weeks is a great sign. I said before the season that this broncos D might be around 22-25 in most categories this season, but now I don't see this group dropping below 15.

Tough road up ahead (i had them 2-1 the first three, so they're 1 better than i thought so far) but this defense is something to keep an eye on.
        Chicago Bears- Hey our fans aren't stupid, just insane

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
          He has thrown so many off target balls it is not even funny. His accuracy has to come into question by even the most loyal fans soon.
          It's called throwing it away. Thanks for sharing your profound insights though.

Comment

• The D is already starting to get respect from analysts as it should.

After this next 5 game stretch, we'll find out exactly how good the D really is and how good the team as a whole is.

I'm really looking forward to it.
            2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoandOmega
              Orton can'T hit something over 25 yards and he has thrown it away all game with no pressure! Give our Receivers a chance to make a play! The two times he did that, look at how Marshall responded!
              And yet we are 1st in the league for the most 25 yd+ passing plays.....weird.

Comment

• Gave up a lot of big runs but only allowed 3 points despite this, so I'd say they had a very solid game. Lot of turnovers created, and Russel had to run for his life half of the game and looked lost the other half.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  This game should be in the 40's.
                  It easily could have been. McDaniels started sitting on the ball with ten minutes left in the fourth. He was being nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Intercooler View Post
                    I don't have Directv this year and the games haven't been on other channels. I know they lead the league and Pitt lost (haven't looked good yet). So I do believe it will be deemed statistically the best D so far by points, etc...

Things were done in the off season but didn't see this coming. Is it real?
                    It is real. And we were first in the league with points allowed coming into this week and only allowed 3 today, so I'm sure it's still there. We are aggressive, we are hard hitting. We don't blow assignments. Aren't allowing huge plays. And forcing Turnovers. Most of all, we're playing with heart. Something all good D's do.

Wish you could see it

Jake
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Do you know that feeling when you have just let loose a large deucie that's been weighing you in all day? I'm talking about one of those man versus beast epic battles.

They are that good. Except better.
                      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
                        Uh, they get the ball more because they aren't being defended by the 2 starting CB's. They are being defended by a LB or S and that's a mismatch all the way.

Royal has had problems getting open, but I think he'll turn it around next week. I just think we need Royal in the slot more than opposite of Marshall.
                        Much agreed! Royal needs to be placed in the slot. I thought Royal was supposed to be used like Welker is used in NE. Coach McDaniels needs to place someone else in the #2 slot like Gaffney,McKinnley even Stockley. Please somebody get Royal the ball!

Also, you will see increased production out of Marshall each week. For example check marshalls stats from wk1 - wk3.

The BEAST will be back very soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Did I hear them correctly say that the 16 pts allowed by Denver's D is the least ever for the 1st 3 games of a season?
                          2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• Can Dumervil challenge for the league record in sacks this year?

And become our version of Demarcus Ware?

I think the record was Strahan with 23 or something like that.
                            Right now Doom is projected to get 26.

I don't think he'll get it, but what I'm asking for is if he will be in position to challenge for it? Even if he gets a sack for each game in the rest of the season, he'll have 19.

At the very least I think he'll establish himself nationally as a top 5 rusher in the league, which is where he deserves to be.
                            XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• McSmashie's McMusings on Week 3 (Raiders)

1. Brandon Marshall. Brandon Marshall. Where do I start? Are we seeing the real Brandon Marshall? I hope so. This is the Marshall we need. We need the man to command respect from the D and make those tough catches. Brandon, you want your contract....this is how you get it. I salute you Brandon :salute!: because now you are doing it right.

1a. I know they didnt have tons of hook ups, but there seems to be an interest chemistry between Orton and Marshall. That is very good news. Very good news.

2. Wow, I have so many thoughts on the growth of our offense this week, I dont even know where to start. I know people are going to scream "ITS THE RAIDERS".....you know what? I dont care. That defense has played tough this year and they have some really good players on that D. But this offense gelled for real this week. I thought it would be until week 6 before we say the offense click like this, but this O is ahead of the curve. Tons of new personnel, new schemes, new system...that takes a while to come together. It started rough, its clicking now. Im excited going into the hard part of our schedule.
                              2a. Kyle Orton, you have never made the term "game manager" sound sexier. He made the throws he needed to make, he spread the ball around, he made good tight passes. Oh, and he protected the ball very well. No poor choices. Wasnt scared to throw the ball away. It is so nice watching a QB make smart choices AND be daring where necessary. You, sir, make the KO Army proud.
                              2a.1 You know well else Kyle smoked today....the middle of the field. Orton and Gaffney is proving to be a potent combination. Gaff wasnt scared to get out there and Orton was scared to zip the ball to him. This isnt the screen O and the sideline pass we saw in the preseason. This is a passing game that can score points and win games.
                              2a.2 Gaffney was getting alot of respect by opponent's D and STILL making plays. What a pick up that guy was.
                              2b. Correll Buckhalter is burning up the field with huge runs. HUGE runs. Who didnt think he was bound for the bench once Knowshon came on? I did. Yeh, he has turned our run game into a brutal 2 headed monster that is tearing up the field. Not only is he breaking off tough runs, but he is creating respect from the D that opens up the passing game.
                              2b.1 Congratulation Knowshon on a great running game and your first NFL . Here is too many more!
                              3. Anybody see that Oakland fan dressed up like Hollywood Hulk Hogan? Wow, brave to be wearing a feather boa at a football game. How does one go about obtaining said boa? I cant even imagine that dude going into the store and being like "Yeh, do you have a black and white feather boa?"

4. I hope everyone is noticing the turnover battle and just how much we are winning it. Two interceptions, fumble recoveries....this is fundamental. You win this battle and you win. Simple as that. Such a huge change from last year.
                              4a. Watching our D actively trying to strip the ball is a pleasant change as well. I think the attitude of our D, the rough tough workmen like attitude is seeping through this D. Im not going to call it swagger. They arent arrogant. They are tough. There is a difference.
                              4b. Dawk's presence of mind to get both feet in before picking up the fumble....bet Philly wants him back. TOO BaD SUCKAS, HE Is OURS!!!

5. Not everything is wine and roses. Again, we are having issues with false starts. That has to stop. The teams coming up will play hard. We cant give up yards on dumb penalties.

6. Red zone offense is still a problem area. Yeh, we got 2 TDs, but there were too many field goals. Four straight runs up the middle? Then again red zone appearance has all passes? We have the weapons to work all part of the field. Outside runs, sweeps, pass it to catch the D off balance.
                              6a. As the second half showed, variety in play calling can really confuse our opponents. With our D stomping on the opponents offense, the opposition D is getting tired and on their heels. Lets start them down that road from the beginning of the game. Mix it up.

6b. Random observation, but McDaniels makes really good challenges. He is helping put this team in a position to win but not challenging where he shouldnt and challenging where he should. :thumb: Little things like this help secure victory.

7. Anyone notice that JeMarcus Russell is #2. Somehow seems appropriate.

8. Fargo....JakenBake.....WHY ArE You WORKING ON CaLCULUS AnD TRiG DURING THIS AWeSOME JOKELAND BeatDOWN???

9. So, in answer to my Clady V. Seymour thread, Clady definitely won. One of the best draft picks by the Broncos in a decade. Clady FTW!
                              9a. BIG Thumbs DOWN to Richard Seymour for his all out attack on Clady and ripping at his hair. I understand Seymour was frustrated and outmatched, but that is no excuse for acting like a thug. Yes, you are a Raider now but that doesnt mean you have to act like it. Heres hoping for a heavy fine against Seymour for that very unnecessary act.

10. This team battles. Nothing seems to get them down. Even after the Buck fumble, they came out swinging. They are fighters. These guys are taking nothing for granted but they are taking wins home. Such a different attitude from the past 3 years. This team doesnt act like it is owed a win. They take a win. And they have earned the respect they are getting. They are earning the positive press. They have earned that 3-0 mark. These are real Broncos. Now it is time to go back into the trenches and battle again.
                              sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoandOmega
                                Orton can'T hit something over 25 yards and he has thrown it away all game with no pressure! Give our Receivers a chance to make a play! The two times he did that, look at how Marshall responded!
                                Yep, and he hit Marshall on a pass over 25 yards long. I thought you said he couldn't hit anything that far away.
                                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X