Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009/09/27 Bronos/Raiders gameday rants

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Very good game by the defense and O-line. Running backs looked tuff also. With that being said the season starts this week. We will be seeing alot of NFL calibre QB's in the next 10 games. If we do well against them then I will buy into the McD program. Hey im happy I got money on the over!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

    What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

    “They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”


    Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

    Comment


    • These Field Goals are driving me nuts!

      Before we get negative attitude in here if you have read any of my other posts I have been Pro-McDaniels, Pro-Orton and Pro-2009 Broncos.

      I just wanted to know other peoples feelings, I feel like we should be capitalizing on TDs a lot more than we are. I don't like putting it in the unsure foot of prater(might just be me). I know he has the leg but the accuracy is very questionable to me.

      Let me say this Defense is a complete surprise, I knew we were better on D, but I didn't expect this

      D-arrel Reid
      Brian D-awkins
      Elvis D-umerville
      Andre D-avis
      Andre
      Goo D-man

      Renal D- o Hill
      Vonnie
      Holli D-ay
      D-arcel McBath
      D.J. Williams

      They are putting the D in D-enver!

      Redzone killed us last year and I do not want it to kill our chance at a post-season opportunity like last year.

      What are your thoughts?!?!



      I said it before

      2009 Broncos are going to rock!!!

      and the 2009 Broncos are ROCKING

      put your thoughts on this thread also as I am going to the Eagles game and the Redskins game

      http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=151702

      Comment


      • We are waiting to see what happends when we play a GOOD team.:go:

        Comment


        • the season begins week 4 ... no more cupcakes, Denver has looked good but we will find out how good the next 8 weeks.....

          Nice to see Marshall finally contribute....

          Comment


          • The offence has looked better every week. Luckily,after another win, this gives them something to work on in practice this week.:go:

            Comment


            • Broncos Redzone O....

              even though Broncos won the game and played great, im still a bit worried abuot the redzone O, especially the first series when we ran the same exact run play 3 straight times nad got held at hte goal line.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jerwet1 View Post
                Before we get negative attitude in here if you have read any of my other posts I have been Pro-McDaniels, Pro-Orton and Pro-2009 Broncos.

                I just wanted to know other peoples feelings, I feel like we should be capitalizing on TDs a lot more than we are. I don't like putting it in the unsure foot of prater(might just be me). I know he has the leg but the accuracy is very questionable to me.

                Let me say this Defense is a complete surprise, I knew we were better on D, but I didn't expect this

                D-arrel Reid
                Brian D-awkins
                Elvis D-umerville
                Andre D-avis
                Andre
                Goo D-man

                Renal D- o Hill
                Vonnie
                Holli D-ay
                D-arcel McBath
                D.J. Williams

                They are putting the D in D-enver!

                Redzone killed us last year and I do not want it to kill our chance at a post-season opportunity like last year.

                What are your thoughts?!?!



                I said it before

                2009 Broncos are going to rock!!!

                and the 2009 Broncos are ROCKING

                put your thoughts on this thread also as I am going to the Eagles game and the Redskins game

                http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=151702
                I agree, we need more td's and fewer fg's. Got to do better, or it will cost us at some point.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KillerBs View Post
                  even though Broncos won the game and played great, im still a bit worried abuot the redzone O, especially the first series when we ran the same exact run play 3 straight times nad got held at hte goal line.
                  Agreed. Need td's when we get that close, not fg's.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                    3-0 baby


                    kyle Orton smart savy QB.


                    Waiting for the 1st lose, the 1st pick, the 1st coaching gaffe, the 1st bad special teams play, the 1st big play against our defense, basically waiting for anything to validate their insane and hostile stance towards their own ballclub looking to fill SO MANY holes and weaknesses.
                    You know the weird thing about this team (for me at least)? For the first time in a LONG time, I'm learning to trust them again. I'm not going into every week wondering if we'll get the 40 points required to be competitive, wondering if we'll either win or get blown out. Regardless of the competition, we are doing the things necessary to win and I just feel like this team is in really good shape, like we can at least compete with anybody.
                    Let me just say for the record, I'll take this years team 10 out of 10 times to play the last 3 games of last year.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jerwet1 View Post
                      Before we get negative attitude in here if you have read any of my other posts I have been Pro-McDaniels, Pro-Orton and Pro-2009 Broncos.

                      I just wanted to know other peoples feelings, I feel like we should be capitalizing on TDs a lot more than we are. I don't like putting it in the unsure foot of prater(might just be me). I know he has the leg but the accuracy is very questionable to me.

                      Let me say this Defense is a complete surprise, I knew we were better on D, but I didn't expect this

                      D-arrel Reid
                      Brian D-awkins
                      Elvis D-umerville
                      Andre D-avis
                      Andre
                      Goo D-man

                      Renal D- o Hill
                      Vonnie
                      Holli D-ay
                      D-arcel McBath
                      D.J. Williams

                      They are putting the D in D-enver!

                      Redzone killed us last year and I do not want it to kill our chance at a post-season opportunity like last year.

                      What are your thoughts?!?!



                      I said it before

                      2009 Broncos are going to rock!!!

                      and the 2009 Broncos are ROCKING

                      put your thoughts on this thread also as I am going to the Eagles game and the Redskins game

                      http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=151702
                      Lets at LEAST be thankful that we are not trowing INTS in the redzone like we did last year, ALOT. I'll take 3 over a Turnover all day long baby!!

                      That being said, punch it in!!!!! Hill, Moreno, Gaffney, Royal, Sheffler, Graham, Marshall, Jordon, Buck..... no excuse to not being walking away with 6 75% of the time or more.

                      It will come. I am fearful our trips to the Redzome will get more scarce due to better competition- this team has to CAPITLIZE on those RZ chances.

                      It is nice to be whining about RZ efficinecy, rather that piss poor D, right!!

                      Great game boys........
                      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

                      #87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

                      Comment


                      • Looks the same as last year. But it will be fixed in the years to come. I expect us to get much bigger on the oline. We just aren't quite built for the power game yet.
                        1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
                        2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

                        Comment


                        • The play calling was kind of lame today in the RZ.

                          We'd run three straight times..

                          We'd pass three straight times...


                          It was almost obvious.

                          Comment


                          • i'm just happy prater didn;t miss any this week

                            Comment


                            • I was actually ok with the playcalling. I told my fiance (who disagreed) that I'd be ok with us running in the redzone again... I didn't expect much of a fight out of the Raiders' O... and I wanted the points I could get. I'd rather minimize mistakes and play safe football at times. Not ALL times, mind you... but still.

                              I don't want us to stop running 3 times in the redzone... I just want to run a bit better in the redzone.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by woodpecker67 View Post
                                the season begins week 4 ... no more cupcakes, Denver has looked good but we will find out how good the next 8 weeks.....

                                Nice to see Marshall finally contribute....

                                I see a lot of this today and last week after our victory over the clowns, this whole idea that the season hasn't 'really' begun yet. While I know what your saying, the fact is, the season began 3 weeks ago and we haven't lost yet, I believe that counts for something. Look, as tough as our schedule is (and it couldn't be much tougher), we HAVE to wins winnable games and we ARE. Next week is our 4th game, not 1st, and the cowgirls are gonna have their hands full.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X