X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Great thread.

I agree with almost everything you said... some great ups... so don't take the one down I have as thinking it's my biggest thought...

But your comment on McD and challenges reminded me of a thought I hadn't brought up yet... we're expending TOs unnecessarily still... I think this will get better... but not everyone's quite on the same page all the time or something.

As for TJ... I think lots of former players are careful to not be overly supportive of their former teams just to avoid calls of bias. Well... ok... not all of them... some of those guys out there are horrible. The Broncos we have representin' though are smart guys and care about their integrity and how they're viewed.

Shannon has criticized the Broncos a lot over the years... but he got on a conference call with Rod and Brandon to straighten the latter out. Can't tell me he's not a Bronco through and through still. :salute!:
    I understand about bias, but I'm sure the Broncos don't really need him apologizing for the wins. Wins are wins.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
      Oh crap that was the QB? I thought some fat kid ran on the field in hopes of finding a cupcake.
      I was thinking they should just put a whole cake in the end zone that Jamarcus has to score in so that he could get his fat ass a touchdown.

Comment

• Fargo's Radical Insight on the Season and Beyond!

I know it's a bit nutty of me to be calling our guys playoff substance this early on, but allow me to argue my case. The Broncos have made key improvements since last year that have significantly improved the potential and ability of our team. It's not that saying playoffs are a give by any means, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. My point is that we have the kind of team that only comes around every so often. We're new, but we have next year if all else. So let me begin.

The offense has shifted tremendously since last season. Words that describe our 2008 offense include powerful, quick, inefficient, and inconsistent. Why was this? For one, we didn't utilize the whole team. We used a select few "stars" to carry the weight of the entire offense and defense. Needless to say, it didn't work often. To add to the chaos, Jay is, by nature, extremely unpredictable. There is a bad Jay, and a good Jay. Our win-loss record is proof of it. So we've taken that offense from last year, removed Jay from the equation, and added in a completely different offensive approach. What have we got out of it? For our 5th round pick we traded for Orton, we have a pretty decent guy that can throw the ball, do what needs to be done, and keep himself out of trouble. I'd call that a plus. Second on the line, we've picked up some bright, new, and impressive talents like Buckhalter and Moreno. Marshall is still getting back into his old rhythm, but that's a product of the off-season and should not reflect on the long-term. I'm not sure if we're keeping him, giving him a raise, or what, so I doubt basing predictions on him will do me much good.

So what kind of words reflect on our offense this year? Young, developing, new, strong, consistent, conservative and unified. I think the offense has done more than enough to show that it's capable of utilizing the astounding defense's work to keep control of the game. The offense is also consistent. When I take into account how young this team is, and how much more they have to learn, I realize what kind of power we have. With runners like Moreno and Buckhalter proving their worth, and Orton keeping turnovers to a minimum, you can't help but feel a little excited about our talent. We're also getting better every week.

What's in the long haul? Possibly not Brandon Marshall, but factor in the new talents we grabbed. Give or take a few hurdles to climb, I think we're going to see a much more consistent offense. Consistent and conservative. This system is proving itself every week to be just what we needed, where as last year we'd be reaping in the interceptions and fumbles. Our offense is maintaining possession of the ball more and more. Dominating the time you control the time hugely impacts the outcome of the game. We didn't have the defense last year to allow this to happen. Our running game is consistently effective, and despite the one fumble on behalf of Buckhalter, we managed to gain over 300 yards on running alone. I think that's pretty beautiful. Cryin' a little.

Then there's the defense. Where do I start? This is a new era. In the pre-Nolan age, we didn't have a defense. Period. There was Champ Bailey, but what is he supposed to work with? This year we grabbed Dawkins and one of the most effective defensive coordinators in the NFL. What did we get out of that? The Bengals were almost completely shut out. The same Bengals who've shown to be so powerful against the Steelers and Packers. We held the Browns to two field goals. It was a massacre. We held the Raiders to one field goal. It goes without saying, our defense is ranked first in the league, and we've quickly established ourselves as the reincarnation of the old "Orange Crush." What does this mean in the long term? It means we now have the ability to face the Steelers, Patriots, Jets, and other nightmare scenarios. We've obliterated two of the three teams we've played.

We have the potential to defeat enough "good" teams to enter the playoffs.

Those are bold words, but I stand by them. In the long haul, we've gained probably the greatest saving grace we could ask for: a backbone.

I know there are raised eyebrows, so let me get more in-depth:

Dallas Cowboys INVESCO Field at Mile High
        -The Cowboys aren't bad, but they are beatable. They're also playing us at home. Here lies the opportunity to go 4-0.

5 Sunday, Oct. 11 2:15 PM New England Patriots at Mile High
        -Lat year the Patriots were untouchable. This year, they're a shadow of their former selves and are playing us at home. 5-0? possibly.

6 Monday, Oct. 19 6:30 PM @ San Diego Chargers † Qualcomm Stadium ESPN
        -The Chargers have been incredibly lackluster so far this season and pose small threat. If we win this, we'd be 5-0. Being realistic though, we might have lost one by now somewhere along the line, so 5-1. Five games left until the playoffs are within our grasp.

8 Sunday, Nov. 1 11:00 AM @ Baltimore Ravens M&T Bank Stadium CBS
        -Ravens are tough. This one is likely a loss for us. 5-2.

9 Monday, Nov. 9 6:30 PM Pittsburgh Steelers INVESCO Field at Mile High ESPN
        -Steelers are tough, but this game is definitely winnable. If we take this at home, we're well on our way. They are tough, so let's give them credit. 5-3.

10 Sunday, Nov. 15 11:00 AM @ Washington Redskins FedEx Field CBS
        I feel this is doable, would you say? Apologies for the unbacked reasoning for my "gut instinct." 6-3.

11 Sunday, Nov. 22 2:15 PM San Diego Chargers INVESCO Field at Mile High CBS
        We win. 7-3.

12 Thursday, Nov. 26 6:20 PM New York Giants INVESCO Field at Mile High NFLN
        Tough team. I'm thinking we'll be 7-4.

13 Sunday, Dec. 6 11:00 AM * @ Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium CBS
        Kansas is laughable this season. It is their turf, but I'll give us the win here. 8-4.

14 Sunday, Dec. 13 11:00 AM * @ Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium CBS
        I predict a win. 9-4.

15 Sunday, Dec. 20 2:05 PM * Oakland Raiders INVESCO Field at Mile High CBS
        Win. 10-4.

16 Sunday, Dec. 27 11:00 AM * @ Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field CBS
        Eagles aren't bad. Loss. 10-5.

17 Sunday, Jan. 3 2:15 PM * Kansas City Chiefs
        And we win against KC for a grand total of 11-5.

That's playoff potential. It's tough, but it's definitely possible. I predict an even better season next year as our team gets more familiarized with the coaching and system. What's in it for the long haul? A much, much better team. We're playing smart, resolving issues, and improving every week. We're a lot better than many think we are, and it's high time we get recognized.

"Go Broncos."
        Last edited by Fargo; 09-27-2009, 09:24 PM.
        Brock you like a hurricane!
        sigpic
        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

• Denver's red zone offense hasn't been good in ages.
          Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

• At one point, after 3 drives, we ran 10 plays inside OAK's 5.... 9 for naught, and one TD. Ouch! Still have lots of work to do there. JUST GO TO MARSH.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerwet1 View Post
              also people write Defense wins games,

I also think Turnovers win games

or

Turnovers lose games

Dawk has contributed amazingly could not have asked for a better safety pick up just like Lynch was!
              His "re-establish" move before the fumble recovery was on the finest plays I have seen in a long time. Dawkins is great for the Broncos. Dawkins is great for the NFL. Dawkins is great for football in general.

It was really smart to bring him in. for 35 he still brings the load EVER PLAY< EVERYTIME.

I am 32, I worked in the yard for 1/2 a day this weekend and I could barely get out of bed this morning. I can't imagine how Dawkins feels on Monday......
              A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• Actually, he has 6 sacks.....right?

Comment

• ill be happy if he just makes the probowl.

it seems like our only probowlers on defense are champ and back in the day lynch.

it would be nice to get a probowler in the front 7 again.

Comment

• Not if flozell adams` mighty tripping reflex kicks in again.

Comment

• Do you guys realize how identical this has been to our 2005 team, our 05 team allowed very few points in the first three games as well I think 16? Also the components match up as:
                      dawkins=lynch
                      knowson+buck=mike anderson + tatum
                      tony scheffler=jeb putzier
                      orton=plummer w/o mistakes (his 05 year)
                      our linebackers in 05 were great as our current ones look great now
                      add our WR core being better than 05, and our special teams looking good, this may be a stretch but I think we are going to have a repeat of the 05 season hopefully going further than the afc championship game

ROYAL 09!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                        I know it's a bit nutty of me to be calling our guys playoff substance this early on, but allow me to argue my case. The Broncos have made key improvements since last year that have significantly improved the potential and ability of our team. It's not that saying playoffs are a give by any means, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. My point is that we have the kind of team that only comes around every so often. We're new, but we have next year if all else. So let me begin.

The offense has shifted tremendously since last season. Words that describe our 2008 offense include powerful, quick, inefficient, and inconsistent. Why was this? For one, we didn't utilize the whole team. We used a select few "stars" to carry the weight of the entire offense and defense. Needless to say, it didn't work often. To add to the chaos, Jay is, by nature, extremely unpredictable. There is a bad Jay, and a good Jay. Our win-loss record is proof of it. So we've taken that offense from last year, removed Jay from the equation, and added in a completely different offensive approach. What have we got out of it? For our 5th round pick we traded for Orton, we have a pretty decent guy that can throw the ball, do what needs to be done, and keep himself out of trouble. I'd call that a plus. Second on the line, we've picked up some bright, new, and impressive talents like Buckhalter and Moreno. Marshall is still getting back into his old rhythm, but that's a product of the off-season and should not reflect on the long-term. I'm not sure if we're keeping him, giving him a raise, or what, so I doubt basing predictions on him will do me much good.

So what kind of words reflect on our offense this year? Young, developing, new, strong, consistent, conservative and unified. I think the offense has done more than enough to show that it's capable of utilizing the astounding defense's work to keep control of the game. The offense is also consistent. When I take into account how young this team is, and how much more they have to learn, I realize what kind of power we have. With runners like Moreno and Buckhalter proving their worth, and Orton keeping turnovers to a minimum, you can't help but feel a little excited about our talent. We're also getting better every week.

What's in the long haul? Possibly not Brandon Marshall, but factor in the new talents we grabbed. Give or take a few hurdles to climb, I think we're going to see a much more consistent offense. Consistent and conservative. This system is proving itself every week to be just what we needed, where as last year we'd be reaping in the interceptions and fumbles. Our offense is maintaining possession of the ball more and more. Dominating the time you control the time hugely impacts the outcome of the game. We didn't have the defense last year to allow this to happen. Our running game is consistently effective, and despite the one fumble on behalf of Buckhalter, we managed to gain over 300 yards on running alone. I think that's pretty beautiful. Cryin' a little.

Then there's the defense. Where do I start? This is a new era. In the pre-Nolan age, we didn't have a defense. Period. There was Champ Bailey, but what is he supposed to work with? This year we grabbed Dawkins and one of the most effective defensive coordinators in the NFL. What did we get out of that? The Bengals were almost completely shut out. The same Bengals who've shown to be so powerful against the Steelers and Packers. We held the Browns to two field goals. It was a massacre. We held the Raiders to one field goal. It goes without saying, our defense is ranked first in the league, and we've quickly established ourselves as the reincarnation of the old "Orange Crush." What does this mean in the long term? It means we now have the ability to face the Steelers, Patriots, Jets, and other nightmare scenarios. We've obliterated two of the three teams we've played.

We have the potential to defeat enough "good" teams to enter the playoffs.

Those are bold words, but I stand by them. In the long haul, we've gained probably the greatest saving grace we could ask for: a backbone.

I know there are raised eyebrows, so let me get more in-depth:

Dallas Cowboys INVESCO Field at Mile High
                        -The Cowboys aren't bad, but they are beatable. They're also playing us at home. Here lies the opportunity to go 4-0.

5 Sunday, Oct. 11 2:15 PM New England Patriots at Mile High
                        -Lat year the Patriots were untouchable. This year, they're a shadow of their former selves and are playing us at home. 5-0? possibly.

6 Monday, Oct. 19 6:30 PM @ San Diego Chargers † Qualcomm Stadium ESPN
                        -The Chargers have been incredibly lackluster so far this season and pose small thread. If we win this, we'd be 5-0. Being realistic though, we might have lost one by now somewhere along the line, so 5-1. Five games left until the playoffs are within our grasp.

8 Sunday, Nov. 1 11:00 AM @ Baltimore Ravens M&T Bank Stadium CBS
                        -Ravens are tough. This one is likely a loss for us. 5-2.

9 Monday, Nov. 9 6:30 PM Pittsburgh Steelers INVESCO Field at Mile High ESPN
                        -Steelers are tough, but this game is definitely winnable. If we take this at home, we're well on our way. They are tough, so let's give them credit. 5-3.

10 Sunday, Nov. 15 11:00 AM @ Washington Redskins FedEx Field CBS
                        I feel this is doable, would you say? Apologies for the unbacked reasoning for my "gut instinct." 6-3.

11 Sunday, Nov. 22 2:15 PM San Diego Chargers INVESCO Field at Mile High CBS
                        We win. 7-3.

12 Thursday, Nov. 26 6:20 PM New York Giants INVESCO Field at Mile High NFLN
                        Tough team. I'm thinking we'll be 7-4.

13 Sunday, Dec. 6 11:00 AM * @ Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium CBS
                        Kansas is laughable this season. It is their turf, but I'll give us the win here. 8-4.

14 Sunday, Dec. 13 11:00 AM * @ Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium CBS
                        I predict a win. 9-4.

15 Sunday, Dec. 20 2:05 PM * Oakland Raiders INVESCO Field at Mile High CBS
                        Win. 10-4.

16 Sunday, Dec. 27 11:00 AM * @ Philadelphia Eagles Lincoln Financial Field CBS
                        Eagles aren't bad. Loss. 10-5.

17 Sunday, Jan. 3 2:15 PM * Kansas City Chiefs
                        And we win against KC for a grand total of 11-5.

That's playoff potential. It's tough, but it's definitely possible. I predict an even better season next year as our team gets more familiarized with the coaching and system. What's in it for the long haul? A much, much better team. We're playing smart, resolving issues, and improving every week. We're a lot better than many think we are, and it's high time we get recognized.

"Go Broncos."
                        I like your predictions they look a little different then mine, but that's to be expected. At any rate, a very strong right up that deserves to be read. I know it's a little long, but I think it's worth a read for sure. Good stuff Fargo.

"Go Broncos"
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                          Great thread.
                          OH...MY...MOD..... LT complimented me...

But your comment on McD and challenges reminded me of a thought I hadn't brought up yet... we're expending TOs unnecessarily still... I think this will get better... but not everyone's quite on the same page all the time or something.
                          Thats the funny thing...this offense isnt 100% in mesh yet. Which leads to stuff like unnecessary Timeouts.

But just think what we get when the O is 100% on the same page.
                          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
                            His "re-establish" move before the fumble recovery was on the finest plays I have seen in a long time. Dawkins is great for the Broncos. Dawkins is great for the NFL. Dawkins is great for football in general.

It was really smart to bring him in. for 35 he still brings the load EVER PLAY< EVERYTIME.

I am 32, I worked in the yard for 1/2 a day this weekend and I could barely get out of bed this morning. I can't imagine how Dawkins feels on Monday......
                            Dawk was a great pickup, if we keep him at this level for 3 years that would be amazing. the combo of him and other veterans have taught and pumped up our younger players. I am so excited this season!

I am not worried about our 6-game stretch, I am looking forward to it!!!
                            2009 Broncos are going to rock!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                              I like your predictions they look a little different then mine, but that's to be expected. At any rate, a very strong right up that deserves to be read. I know it's a little long, but I think it's worth a read for sure. Good stuff Fargo.

"Go Broncos"
                              Thanks man.

The records are me showing a situation that would allow the playoffs. I think the case stands that it's doable though.
                              Brock you like a hurricane!
                              sigpic
                              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

• Originally posted by s_paton View Post
                                The offence has looked better every week. Luckily,after another win, this gives them something to work on in practice this week.:go:
                                I disagree and agree, our offense looked poor in week 1, very good in week 2, and took a step back in week 3, in terms of the passing game. I do agree that our running offense has looked better every week. They looked poor in week 1, decent in week 2, and great in week 3. The one time we played poorly on offense was against a good defense (Cincy) and the two times we played well it was against a bad defense (Cleveland) and a decent defense (Oakland).
                                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X