• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis Rocks!
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• I think it was harmless. I also think it was more of a test for Marshall than anything. Brandon knew we didn't need him to catch that ball in order to win the game and could have easily slacked on his route or effort. I think McD wanted to see how Brandon would react in that scenario and I am damn proud of Brandon for putting forth the effort in making that catch and hopefully this is a "new" beginning for him.
      Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

• Seriously, does this board have an interception fetish?!

Some people talk about wanting to stretch the field, even if it's not there. Kyle's so terrible because "he takes what the defense gives him".

Don't most teams want that kind of QB? Do you think defenses love to come back on the field after a 15 play drive, only to have their QB get one picked about two plays later?

That's what happened to the Bears in 2007. Had a pretty good defense, but they'd wear out in the 4th quarter because Rex would have 3 picks. They'd be on the field for 10-12 plays, then the minute they get off, he throws a pick, and back out they go. That's why Orton beat him out, period.

Cutler's more exciting, Cutler can stretch the field, Cutler has a big cannon arm.

Cutler also has a much better defense behind him, Cutler gives me major heartburn, and I'm afraid of Cutler's decision making at times. He has 7 turnovers already this year.

If he helps Chicago win, then keep on cheering. But if you don't think those turnovers don't drive me nuts.........

Comment

• I cant say I'm suprised about going for it on 4th down. It's aggressive style ball, and getting that 1st on the 4th was essential for closing out the game- if its the play I think you are thinking of!

It's up to them to stop us-and they couldn't.

Though I think Ryan Clady has a...special feeling for Richard Seymour. I loved watching a fight break out between these two teams
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            Felt good to shove it down OAK's throat today. Run right up their gut. Rush for all those yards. Beat them at their own game.

I love how we acted like we were running clock out... One drive we actually do 3 dives and then punt. We get the ball back and run it again.... Here comes 4th down.... we go for it.... THEN DO A PLAYACTION PASS TO MARSHALL. I love it.

Imagine what would have been.... if BM catches ball and runs for a TD. Would they be calling it a bad move? Running up the score?

I don't think so. I think we were actually trying to run the ball out, but just had some fun on 4th down.

Any thoughts? Bad blood for next game?
            Decisiveness is powerful.....

I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but I fear facing the Raiders agian later in the season when they have NOTHING to play for.
            A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• Alphonso Smith's INT on the sideline? Anyone see it?

Did anyone see Alphonso Smiths "INT" on the sideline during the 3rd quarter I believe it was? Russell threw it WAY out of bounds, Smith caught it and started running in place like he was bringing it to the house... It was too funny! I'm glad we traded away our pick to grab him!

I LOVE this team!!
              Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• please stop talking about the playoffs! Yes were off to a great start but we still have 13 games left against very tough opponents. 1 game at a time!

Comment

• Originally posted by cvnorton View Post
                  I think it was harmless. I also think it was more of a test for Marshall than anything. Brandon knew we didn't need him to catch that ball in order to win the game and could have easily slacked on his route or effort. I think McD wanted to see how Brandon would react in that scenario and I am damn proud of Brandon for putting forth the effort in making that catch and hopefully this is a "new" beginning for him.
                  I thought that move was made for two reasons.

a) the shutdown corner got zapped. Give BM some confidence for the next Oakland and Dallas games. That was a master chess move by the coach.

b) by completing that pass we ended the game. We didn't want to play any further against Oakland. It was time to call if quits. I didn't think they would make that play call. We could have gone for the field goal, but they there would have been a kickoff and some action til the clock ran out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakemcclain View Post
                    Some people talk about wanting to stretch the field, even if it's not there. Kyle's so terrible because "he takes what the defense gives him".

Don't most teams want that kind of QB? Do you think defenses love to come back on the field after a 15 play drive, only to have their QB get one picked about two plays later?

That's what happened to the Bears in 2007. Had a pretty good defense, but they'd wear out in the 4th quarter because Rex would have 3 picks. They'd be on the field for 10-12 plays, then the minute they get off, he throws a pick, and back out they go. That's why Orton beat him out, period.

Cutler's more exciting, Cutler can stretch the field, Cutler has a big cannon arm.

Cutler also has a much better defense behind him, Cutler gives me major heartburn, and I'm afraid of Cutler's decision making at times. He has 7 turnovers already this year.

If he helps Chicago win, then keep on cheering. But if you don't think those turnovers don't drive me nuts.........
                    People keep saying Cutler has a better defense behind him. When will people quit judgine our defense on last years performance. Right now through 3 weeks the Broncos have allowed fewer points and yards than anyone. Sure it was nobodies but last years defense couldn't even do that.

And after the last 2 weeks I dont think anyone can call the bengals a nobody win anymore. It's a quality win now. They put up 23 on the steel curtain and only 7 on us.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                      Yes, especially in this division. The only competition we seem to have is the Chargers, and I'm not impressed with them. We have a very realistic chance of making the playoffs.
                      Yeah, I seriously doubt the Chargers are going to haunt us this season. With how we've been playing so far, I really see a great season in the making. Not sure where all the skepticism is coming from, but that's their deal. I'm happy with our team; can't say it any clearer.
                      Brock you like a hurricane!
                      sigpic
                      Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

• well, with the whole champ/aso comparisons going on we needed to prove that we could complete passes on aso as well. because, of course, champ got embarrassed by heyward bey with yet another "solid game"
                        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

• No, a better defense behind him this year than he had last year.

Bears pass defense is far and away better, and their overall defense is that much better. I can't imagine what Kyle would do with that pass defense, compared to last year's disaster of a pass defense.

Your defense is awesome, no doubt about it. Exciting to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakemcclain View Post

Yeah but the Oakland defense gave us quite a few down field looks, and by my count, in at least 5 of those situations, Orton either couldn't find the open guy or threw a bad pass. No, that didn't affect the game. It was a bad team and we trounced them. But against a team like Baltimore or Pittsburgh, or even New England, when you are playing a team that can put up a good number of points and play very good defense, you have to keep them honest so they don't start blitzing like nuts or bring up the safety. If they don't respect our deep game, we'll see a lot more pressure than we've seen from bad defenses thus far. That's the concerning thing. Yes, we've won every game so far. Let's not get overconfident just yet. We haven't beaten one team that has been talked about as a legit playoff team, so let's start racking up the offense on really good teams before we start anointing ourselves as an offensive juggernaut. We are middle of the road in both scoring offense and passing offense, so there is plenty of reason to be critical of the passing game and the offense in general, and that's considering the bad defenses that we've played.
                            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              People keep saying Cutler has a better defense behind him. When will people quit judgine our defense on last years performance. Right now through 3 weeks the Broncos have allowed fewer points and yards than anyone. Sure it was nobodies but last years defense couldn't even do that.

And after the last 2 weeks I dont think anyone can call the bengals a nobody win anymore. It's a quality win now. They put up 23 on the steel curtain and only 7 on us.
                              They aren't saying that Cutler's defense this year is necessarily better than this year's Broncos D. They are saying his D this year behind him is better than the D he played with last year in Denver, and anyone who wants to argue that, I really don't know what to tell you because you are wrong.
                              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• They pulled our hair. Lets call it far from even.

Comment

Working...
                                X