Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and why not try to rest our D they played a great game mcd figured let the O finish it out and keep the D off the field

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
      yea carry an offense to a career 19-21 record
      Too bad there is more to a team than just an offense. Cutler had crappy defenses his entire time here in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakemcclain View Post
        Denver had a big exciting offense last year, and went 8-8.

Win however it takes.

Oh, for a reminder. In 2004, Plummer had a 4000 yard year, 27 TDs.....and 20 picks. Get to the playoffs as a Wild Card team and lose 10-7 to Indy.

The next year, 3300 yards, 18 TDs, 7 picks......AFC title game.

There are other examples of big number guys with lots of rings, I don't deny that.

But you get to the house however you get there. You don't fix anything along the way if it isn't broke.

This year seems to shaping up like 2005. Focus on running the ball, passing the ball safely and protecting posessions.

that was a fun year to be a Broncos fan. We lost to the convincing SB champs.

Let's repeat history, shall we?
        A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Power View Post
          Dude, stop pretending to be a Bears fan. You're obviously just a Kyle Orton fanboy for whatever reason.

Cutler is the better QB than Orton, period. Cutler can carry an offense, Orton is just a caretaker.
          Cutler scares me to death. I'm sure you have a turnover fetish, but I don't. Hate them with a passion.

The guy stretches the field, and he can help win games, but if he can carry offenses, why has he NEVER won on any level since high school?

Have fun with your Sportscenter babies. I want Cutler to win, and if it means he has to take care of the ball a little more, and be more careful, then so be it. If I want all exciting plays, I'll play Madden and throw hail marys.

Comment

Dude, stop pretending to be a Bears fan. You're obviously just a Kyle Orton fanboy for whatever reason.

Cutler is the better QB than Orton, period. Cutler can carry an offense, Orton is just a caretaker.
            1. Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school
            2. Cutler has as many turnovers as he does touchdowns this season.
            3. Cutler has made a habit of rubbing his team mates the wrong way and pouting

Cutler is the more talented player, no doubt. But being a quarterback is more than just winging the ball down the field and eluding the rush. It's about being a leader, playing smart, not turning the ball over, and winning games.

Thus far in his career, Cutler has been a game-losing, team mate trashing, whiny turnover machine.

Blame the defense for us going 8-8 last year if you must, but remember we were a first place team when Cutler took over and didn't make the playoffs while he was here.
            Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Too bad there is more to a team than just an offense. Cutler had crappy defenses his entire time here in Denver.
              And he lost a lot of games by himself in Denver too.

He's lucky he has a better overall team now, because I'd hate to see Cutler last year with the Bears hideous pass defense.

Comment

• haha no but that's funny

Comment

It doesnt seem odd to you that in 06 the first half of the season with plummer at qb our defense allowed about 15 points per game but the rest of the way with cutler at qb it sky rocketed to about 24 points a game

No? Nothing?? i guess not..its probably just an odd coincidence
                  Last edited by Justblaze2729; 09-27-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                    Yeah, I seriously doubt the Chargers are going to haunt us this season. With how we've been playing so far, I really see a great season in the making. Not sure where all the skepticism is coming from, but that's their deal. I'm happy with our team; can't say it any clearer.
                    :orton:
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                      It doesnt seem odd to you that in 06 the first half of the season with plummer at qb our defense allowed about 15 points per game but the rest of the way with cutler at qb it ski rocketed to about 24 points a game

No? Nothing?? i guess not
                      So what are you saying? That Jake Plummer was a better QB than Cutler? Fair enough, but I disagree. Plummer made me 10X more nervous than Cutler ever did. I blame Plummer as the main reason for us losing the AFFCG against Pittsburgh a few years ago.

I blame the defensive regression that year more on predictable defensive playcalling and poor conditioning of the players than on the QB change, which is far-fetched to think that the QB change was the reason for the regression.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                        :orton:

I love your insight.
                        Brock you like a hurricane!
                        sigpic
                        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

• who cares what cutler did he's not the qb here anymore just be excited about this yrs team and our 3-0 record with no int's no matter who the qb is no int's sounds good 2 me

Comment

• HAHA Yes I saw that, I was laughing for about 10 minutes. But the limp didn't make me feel good....

Comment

So what are you saying? That Jake Plummer was a better QB than Cutler? Fair enough, but I disagree. Plummer made me 10X more nervous than Cutler ever did. I blame Plummer as the main reason for us losing the AFFCG against Pittsburgh a few years ago.

I blame the defensive regression that year more on predictable defensive playcalling and poor conditioning of the players than on the QB change, which is far-fetched to think that the QB change was the reason for the regression.
                              The point im tryin to make is not that plummer is a better qb than cutler because thats not true but hes a better team players as is orton ...

Cutler just never seemed to be a team player ...it seemed like he just wanted to win as an offense and then blame the losses on solely the defense

Like you said its a team as a whole that wins and cutler just didnt seem to understand that

Comment

• Yeah was hilarious, and just showed how bad Russel is. He goes out of his way to find our corners even when he's throwing it away
                                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X