Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only problem I have with Orton...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Only problem I have with Orton...

    Is the fact that he can't make the tough throws. I like the fact that he is playing error free football, but there will be a point and time where we will have to turn it up on offense a notch. Some throws require that the pass be thrown on a rope and he can't do that. I hear them talking about the glove been on his hands,honestly, I don't think it will make much of a difference when it comes out.

    With that being said I know people will say there rather him dink and donk up and down the field to avoid interceptions. My theory is that if we really have a top defense will should be able to overcome a mistake.
    Go Hard or Go Home

  • #2
    I saw him make an amazing throw to Scheffler. He threaded the needle and got it in there. A few of his throws to Marshall were tougher throws as well.

    We have seen Orton finally settle down in the pocket. He is learning that he can trust his line here to give him time. Each week is better. I can't wait to see more.

    Comment


    • #3
      Once we start playing teams with a little more to offer on Defense you will see the throws that Orton can't make becoming detrimental to the team. I am stoked about the error free ball he has played so far, he will be gone next year, or should be gone next year, there is a better guy out there for the job.


      Till then.......Go:orton:
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        so far the glove is 3-0. i say keep the glove on for the rest of the year

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
          Once we start playing teams with a little more to offer on Defense you will see the throws that Orton can't make becoming detrimental to the team. I am stoked about the error free ball he has played so far, he will be gone next year, or should be gone next year, there is a better guy out there for the job.


          Till then.......Go:orton:
          WHO? Tell me who is out there that we could actually get that you want over Orton. Who?
          I don't want a winning season; I want a Dynasty!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
            Once we start playing teams with a little more to offer on Defense you will see the throws that Orton can't make becoming detrimental to the team. I am stoked about the error free ball he has played so far, he will be gone next year, or should be gone next year, there is a better guy out there for the job.


            Till then.......Go:orton:
            I couldn't agree more. If Cutler wasn't such an idiot our offense would be high flying right now.
            Go Hard or Go Home

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm pretty sure there is somebody out there that McDaniels can make excel in this offense
              Go Hard or Go Home

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                I'm pretty sure there is somebody out there that McDaniels can make excel in this offense
                Why can't orton excel?

                We haven't seen this O in full stride. Every week we've seen progress from everyone on the team. As long as he keeps working and progressing, do you think he just may become a better qb.
                Last edited by elecshoc; 09-27-2009, 11:04 PM.

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                  Once we start playing teams with a little more to offer on Defense you will see the throws that Orton can't make becoming detrimental to the team.
                  I think there's a very real chance of that happening.

                  I've seen Cutler lead come-from-behind each of the first 3 weeks of the season. It really is a thing of beauty to believe not only that your Quarterback can do that but that he WILL.

                  Getting down to the Broncos situation though:
                  You are beating the teams put in front of you (even given the Bengals was by a fluke play).

                  You have a tough stretch now, Kyle and the rest of the team deserves the benefit of the doubt until they come up short. And perhaps even the, depending on the manner.

                  I really would wait until you have games were Kyle just does not seem capable of leading his team to a win before I start thinking beyond him.

                  You're 3-0. When that changes negatively then you can start to analyse why. Kyle has flaws in his game, but if they aren't exposed in your type of Offence then it really doesn't matter much.

                  All depends on how you do, and how you play, against the better half of teams in the league.

                  You've got the W's atm.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                    Is the fact that he can't make the tough throws. I like the fact that he is playing error free football, but there will be a point and time where we will have to turn it up on offense a notch. Some throws require that the pass be thrown on a rope and he can't do that. I hear them talking about the glove been on his hands,honestly, I don't think it will make much of a difference when it comes out.

                    With that being said I know people will say there rather him dink and donk up and down the field to avoid interceptions. My theory is that if we really have a top defense will should be able to overcome a mistake.
                    Orton has a weakness, but it isn't being able to make the throws. What throws do you think he didn't make today because of his "noodlyarmishness"? That has become a ridiculous assertion.

                    From your statement about a defense overcoming a mistake, I'm assuming you are one of those fans that like the 'air-it-out-at-all-costs' offensive theory. More often than not, that doesn't work. Sorry.

                    His weakness is not being able to run when a QB run is the best option. Several times at the goal line, I thought that with the defensive alignment keyed to stop the middle run, a naked bootleg would have been a freebie. For some of his throwaways, I think a run was a possiblity.

                    If you are going to rag on Orton, at least use reasonable assertions. Noodlyarmishness is foolishness.
                    I don't want a winning season; I want a Dynasty!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                      WHO? Tell me who is out there that we could actually get that you want over Orton. Who?
                      Couple coming up in this next years draft I could think of, wouldnt mind seeing Brandstater get a chance at the job next season, kid could be special.

                      Just to answer your Question............
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                        Is the fact that he can't make the tough throws. I like the fact that he is playing error free football, but there will be a point and time where we will have to turn it up on offense a notch. Some throws require that the pass be thrown on a rope and he can't do that. I hear them talking about the glove been on his hands,honestly, I don't think it will make much of a difference when it comes out.

                        With that being said I know people will say there rather him dink and donk up and down the field to avoid interceptions. My theory is that if we really have a top defense will should be able to overcome a mistake.
                        You obviously didn't watch the game as Orton did in fact throw a few of those passes into a very small window.

                        R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                          Couple coming up in this next years draft I could think of, wouldnt mind seeing Brandstater get a chance at the job next season, kid could be special.

                          Just to answer your Question............
                          I don't live far from Fresno where TB played ball. He has a pretty good rep around these parts and I think that he might be a baller. But really, a rookie QB making it as a pro from day 1 is rare in spite of Sanchez, Flacco, and Ryan. Drafting a QB is a long term project in most cases; anyway, that's how to bet.

                          A second point to that is who will still be available when we pick with Chicago's pick? I'm assuming a middle of round 1 pick. And I think several teams with QB needs will be ahead of us, like the hated raiders, Panthers, maybe Tampa, Washington, and the Rams. What QB is going to be left when we pick? And is that QB going to be better than Orton AND be the best player available?
                          I don't want a winning season; I want a Dynasty!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JohnShaft View Post
                            I think there's a very real chance of that happening.

                            I've seen Cutler lead come-from-behind each of the first 3 weeks of the season. It really is a thing of beauty to believe not only that your Quarterback can do that but that he WILL.

                            Getting down to the Broncos situation though:
                            You are beating the teams put in front of you (even given the Bengals was by a fluke play).

                            You have a tough stretch now, Kyle and the rest of the team deserves the benefit of the doubt until they come up short. And perhaps even the, depending on the manner.

                            I really would wait until you have games were Kyle just does not seem capable of leading his team to a win before I start thinking beyond him.

                            You're 3-0. When that changes negatively then you can start to analyse why. Kyle has flaws in his game, but if they aren't exposed in your type of Offence then it really doesn't matter much.

                            All depends on how you do, and how you play, against the better half of teams in the league.

                            You've got the W's atm.

                            You've seen Cutler lead his team from behind because his turnovers put his team in that position. Throwing INT's and fumbling the ball force a team to come from behind. I'll take Orton, no turnovers and winning comfortably over helping the other team out and constantly having to come from behind.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                              I don't live far from Fresno where TB played ball. He has a pretty good rep around these parts and I think that he might be a baller. But really, a rookie QB making it as a pro from day 1 is rare in spite of Sanchez, Flacco, and Ryan. Drafting a QB is a long term project in most cases; anyway, that's how to bet.

                              A second point to that is who will still be available when we pick with Chicago's pick? I'm assuming a middle of round 1 pick. And I think several teams with QB needs will be ahead of us, like the hated raiders, Panthers, maybe Tampa, Washington, and the Rams. What QB is going to be left when we pick? And is that QB going to be better than Orton AND be the best player available?
                              If this is the case then you continue to develop Brandstater and let him compete with Orton for the job next season, agreed?
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X