"Denver's a better football team than what we all thought"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Denver's a better football team than what we all thought"

--said by old dude on Fox OT show after the game. The one they call coach who sits next to Strahan. Not Howie, Strahan's other side.

I'll agree with him--Denver is much better than I thought they'd be. I don't think we're a team who can win the big playoff games (though I do think we can make it there now), but this defense has saved the team.

I suppose it's too bad that we could wallow in mediocrity for years like we did with Shanny, get blown out in the playoffs, and never do anything about Orton because everything is just good enough to get us by.

But nonetheless, this team is better than me and that old dude with gray hair thought they'd be.

Some of us knew we were going to be this good before pre-season even started.

If the offense wasn't having issues the way it is (I think it's too complicated, but what do I know?) we'd be even better.

If we simplify things a bit on offense, give the guys time to catch up, and continue to get better at what most who know such things call the most complicated offense in football, we'll be very good by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

If the offense wasn't having issues the way it is (I think it's too complicated, but what do I know?) we'd be even better.

If we simplify things a bit on offense, give the guys time to catch up, and continue to get better at what most who know such things call the most complicated offense in football, we'll be very good by the end of the year.
      Probably stupid to mess with a mod but what the heck right."Some of us knew" c'mon give us all a break will ya. What do you have a crystal ball?

I'm willing to admit this team is way better than I thought they would be. But just because "some" were more OPTIMISTIC, than others doesn't mean they knew anything.
      :go: sigpic
      IF McD wins us a Superbowl, I'll THINK about not hating him, maybe.

Comment

i had been loving this team and knew we would this good after the draft i was expecting this the whole time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
          --said by old dude on Fox OT show after the game. The one they call coach who sits next to Strahan. Not Howie, Strahan's other side.
          That's Jimmy Johnson, he used to be the Dallas HC back when Aikman and the boys were winning the SBs
          sigpic

Comment

we all knew it.

we all knew the broncos would be this good.. the draft cemented it.. we are freaking 4-0 boo ya

Comment

Originally posted by megirb444 View Post
              That's Jimmy Johnson, he used to be the Dallas HC back when Aikman and the boys were winning the SBs
              That was the icing on the cake of it all
              Originally posted by K-Locc
              Orton tko with mighty power of steel gorilla
              sigpic

Comment

I was hoping we would be good, but honestly didn't know. I actually thought our Offense would be better than our Defense, but that is not true at all. Our D is dominant! What is scary for the rest of the league is that we are still "out of sync" on offense and winning. What happens when our offense gets going? That's right. Scary. Opposing teams are starting to get worried about playing us, and that works in our favor. We are in their heads. We have confidence! Things are looking good in Denver! I am pumped!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoace67 View Post
                  Probably stupid to mess with a mod but what the heck right."Some of us knew" c'mon give us all a break will ya. What do you have a crystal ball?
                  Nope. Knowledge of football. It's not magic, it just takes logic and observation.

I wasn't convinced of Kyle Orton when the trade first went down either, for the record. I even said as much. As time wore on though and we kept taking closer and closer looks at it, other people were able to show evidence that... Yeah, he actually was pretty good.

It also didn't take a rocket-scientist to know that Mike Nolan was a good coach, that our free-agency on Defense was strong, and that our offense was fundamentally sound.

No, it's not a crystal ball. It's common sense.

Comment

I'm willing to admit this team is way better than I thought they would be. But just because "some" were more OPTIMISTIC, than others doesn't mean they knew anything.
                    No. You don't need a crystal ball. If you get better at EVERY OTHER POSITION on the TEAM and have ONE step back while everything else got better, then it stands to reason that you're going to have a good football TEAM.

A lot of people couldn't see past the loss of Cutler to notice that the rest of the team looked pretty good. When you have an 8 and 8 TEAM and you improve on the 8 and 8 TEAM, then it stands to reason that we can be pretty good. But, I don't think even the most positive people thought our D would be this good this soon.

The offense (Kyle Orton) took a step back today, but you'll have that some times. We're still getting better on both sides of the ball. We're just winning while we're getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

Totally agreed. You can see the O slowly adjusting. Give us time. Once this O really clicks we will be very very scary!

On a side note, I have loved this team from the get go. I cant say I expected us to be 4-0 but the team and the attitude has been there since OTA's. I have more love for this team than any since our last super bowl team. I love our no-name, blue collar, win despite all words counter, attitude! Win or lose, this team is golden.

Comment

I disagree man... If you are surprised than you were not paying attention.

The only people surprised are the ones who thought all we did was sign dawkins to address a horrible D and trade the best qb ever. welllll what I saw was a revamp of a crappy D which had to play better and one change in qb along with many upgrades on both sides. I thought and knew we would be better as much as you. You didn't have a crystal ball either but you thought the opposite I assume? So get rid of the crystal ball arguement,

check our preseason predictions and see we arent surprised at all.

Comment

Does your reprimand include all of those (you) who 'knew' we would suck?

Comment

yea we are let the experts tell it.....

cuz we beat the cowtoys now we considered and allowed to be in the club of elite teams....

pfffff we been this way nolan

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post

I'll agree with him--Denver is much better than I thought they'd be. I don't think we're a team who can win the big playoff games (though I do think we can make it there now), but this defense has saved the team.

I suppose it's too bad that we could wallow in mediocrity for years like we did with Shanny, get blown out in the playoffs, and never do anything about Orton because everything is just good enough to get us by.

But nonetheless, this team is better than me and that old dude with gray hair thought they'd be.
                              Dude, some notes:

Orton's QB rating today was 117. One hundred and seventeen.
                              Orton's QB rating gets better as the game goes on. He is at his best in the fourth quarter.
                              Orton easily looked as good or better than Romo today, and many of the Orton-whiners and Cutler babies on the forum have said they would rather have Romo than Orton.
                              The team, AND Orton, gets better each week. This week we will go back into practice and McD and Nolan will show everyone what they need to fix and then fix it while they install the game plan for New England.
                              Orton gave us a fourth quarter comeback by engineering two scoring drives and giving us ten unanswered points in the fourth quarter to first tie and then take the lead.

New England is beatable. We have a very good chance to be 5-0 with one of the best defenses in the NFL and an offense that gets it done week in and week out by controlling the ball and not turning it over.

Rather than whining because we don't have the sexy name at QB that you would like to have, why not celebrate the very qualified and very competent QB we have who is currently playing turnover free ball?

Sour grapes are a waste of time and bandwidth. Cutler is gone. He's not coming back. He didn't like you and the other fans and he didn't like his teammates. Cutler only liked doing what Cutler wanted to do. He spit on the fans and coaches and teammates and split from town and then spit on the owner by not returning his calls.

And you want to complain because we're 4-0, Orton gets better every game in the new system, defense has come back to the Rocky Mountains and you don't have Jay Cutler at QB?

Seems like an awful waste to me....
                              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X