"Denver's a better football team than what we all thought"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
    i'm not going to argue about the offense, because i agree (except we HAVE improved depth)... but your statement that the talent level in the front 7 is the same as last year is what i took issue with.

we're not leaps and bounds better, and you did acknowledge the biggest improvement was in the secondary... but i still think we're more talented up front than last year. our d-line and linebackers are bigger and more physical, as we've shied away from the "small and quick" defensive approach
    I still dont believe we are really any more talented up front than last year. I do believe however, that the personell we have fits what we are doing much better than what we had. Which, combined with the drastically improved secondary, is why I believe we are seeing such impressive results on the defensive side.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
      True.

But most of us knew the team would be much better all-around than last year, and that a big part of that would be an improved defense.

A big part of that inefficiency was the penalties, which is exactly what I said. "If it hadn't been for the penalties (and this includes not calling interference on the two plays Eddie was molested), we'd have slapped the crap out of them."

The only reason it was close was because of our penalties (which we earned), and the two they earned (at least) that didn't get called.
      I think the reason the game stayed close is because Romo stunk big time.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
        I will also say there was nothing good about Orton's play today.That last touchdown he threw was an INT with any other normal wide receiver.
        Not really. Nothing good? That's just ridiculous. And that last touchdown was a pretty good throw. Newman was right in front of Marshall but could not make the pick because the ball had perfect height, Marshall could grab it right above Newman's hands. Quarterbacks do that all the time, just look at Warner and Fitzgerald. The ball is thrown with touch and you expect the big receiver to adjust better than the corner and win the battle. Such throw is an interception only if the receiver quits or if the corner makes a great play.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
          I think the reason the game stayed close is because Romo stunk big time.
          Maybe he stunk because there was a lot of pressure from our front seven, arms swinging in front of him, players getting close to bring him down.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            Not really. Nothing good? That's just ridiculous. And that last touchdown was a pretty good throw. Newman was right in front of Marshall but could not make the pick because the ball had perfect height, Marshall could grab it right above Newman's hands. Quarterbacks do that all the time, just look at Warner and Fitzgerald. The ball is thrown with touch and you expect the big receiver to adjust better than the corner and win the battle. Such throw is an interception only if the receiver quits or if the corner makes a great play.
            Wasn't there a QB rating of 150 in the second half? Didn't he manage a rating of 117.5 through the whole game without any miracle plays? Naw, couldn't have.

Kyle's quarterback rating is still about 10 points higher than Cutler's. Perhaps it's time for some of these guys to get over it.
            Brock you like a hurricane!
            sigpic
            Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Even Matt "Let's Draft a WR" Millen has changed his speech:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4536935
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                No. You don't need a crystal ball. If you get better at EVERY OTHER POSITION on the TEAM and have ONE step back while everything else got better, then it stands to reason that you're going to have a good football TEAM.

A lot of people couldn't see past the loss of Cutler to notice that the rest of the team looked pretty good. When you have an 8 and 8 TEAM and you improve on the 8 and 8 TEAM, then it stands to reason that we can be pretty good. But, I don't think even the most positive people thought our D would be this good this soon.

The offense (Kyle Orton) took a step back today, but you'll have that some times. We're still getting better on both sides of the ball. We're just winning while we're getting better.
                With that said, its not like we won on the arm of Orton ( who I had no problems with to start with) But the real supprise was the D. and the play of the LB's.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Working...
                X