So sick and tired of people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    How many times did the defense put the ball in the end zone? Does Orton desreve no credit at all?
    well, after our first TD, the ball was given to renaldo hill because he caused romo's fumble which gave our offense the ball in the red zone

orton gets plenty of credit for capitalizing on that great field position, but i think even he would give the majority of the credit to the great defensive play to put them there

we are winning as a team. no single player deserves the majority of the credit due... without bailey's pick, dallas scores. without dawkins chasing down hurd, dallas scores. without orton's pass to royal, we don't get the game-tying FG. without marshall's freakish run after catch, we don't score a TD (on that play). without D.J. Williams CRUSHING roy williams, we don't get to cheer as loudly. i'll go ahead and quit while i'm ahead

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      How many times did the defense put the ball in the end zone? Does Orton desreve no credit at all? Did he throw a pick in the red zone to take them out of it like Romo? Did he pull a Romo and forget what down it was? They guy deserves at least SOME credit!! Give him his due.
      He didn't turn the ball over, he does deserve credit for that.
      sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

• Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
        The defense put us in the position to come from behind, they deserve the credit.
        That's what defenses do. The TEAM deserves the credit. Not Orton, not the D, the TEAM.

Wow...just....wow.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• You know negativity is part of all Message Boards. I bounce around to NFL Boards to see what's happening on the better teams, and it's no different on any of them. Well, barring the Colts Sites. They seldom complain much about their team. It contributes to the discussion, and keeps things hopping. If we all agreed about everything, just what would we talk about?

Comment

The defense put us in the position to come from behind, they deserve the credit.
            The D certainly deserves A LOT of credit. They held a talented Dallas Offense to just 10 points. And that fumble Williams recovered put Orton in a very good position in the red zone to score a TD. But Orton (and the rest of the O for that matter) ALSO deserve a fair share of credit for taking advantage of that defensive gift and scoring the TD in the RED ZONE. Effortlessly fitting the pass into a very tight spot for Moreno - on KO's first pass attempt of that possession.

And the drive that tied up the game with a Prater 28-yd FG started on the Denver 25 - not particularly good starting field position.

And how about giving KO and B-Marsh some credit for the 51-yard TD play that actually won the game (on a drive that started from the Denver 27 - again, not particularly good starting field position - with 2:47 left in the game)?
            "That's a crap question."
            - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
              The D certainly deserves A LOT of credit. They held a talented Dallas Offense to just 10 points. And that fumble Williams recovered put Orton in a very good position in the red zone to score a TD. But Orton (and the rest of the O for that matter) ALSO deserve a fair share of credit for taking advantage of that defensive gift and scoring the TD in the RED ZONE. Effortlessly fitting the pass into a very tight spot for Moreno - on KO's first pass attempt of that possession.

And the drive that tied up the game with a Prater 28-yd FG started on the Denver 25 - not particularly good starting field position.

And how about giving KO and B-Marsh some credit for the 51-yard TD play that actually won the game (on a drive that started from the Denver 27 - again, not particularly good starting field position - with 2:47 left in the game)?
              I'm not knocking Orton or just looking for something to complain about, but I give the great catch and even more amazing run after the catch to B Marsh.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not knocking Orton or just looking for something to complain about, but I give the great catch and even more amazing run after the catch to B Marsh.
                A lot of people do.

Now when Manning or Brady do that, they point out how that's a perfect pass and that what makes them amazing is that they know their receiver's strengths and play to them. In this case, putting the ball up and letting Marshall make a play on it. That's what makes them great!

But we're talking about Kyle Orton, so all of the credit goes to Marshall and Marshall alone. That's exactly how it happened in Chicago too, which is why they're shocked at how well Denver is doing, but no one knows why since it surely can't be Orton.

That's also why Denver fans were so sure we'd go 1-5 to open the season. Now they're shocked and can't figure out why, because it surely can't be Orton.

Nah, a lot of people give the credit for those plays solely to the receiver when it comes to Orton. They wouldn't if it were Brady, Manning or Cutler, but it's Orton so the credit goes elsewhere.

Then they're surprised.

That's okay. I don't think Orton minds surprising people. He's been doing it his entire life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                  A lot of people do.

Now when Manning or Brady do that, they point out how that's a perfect pass and that what makes them amazing is that they know their receiver's strengths and play to them. In this case, putting the ball up and letting Marshall make a play on it. That's what makes them great!

But we're talking about Kyle Orton, so all of the credit goes to Marshall and Marshall alone. That's exactly how it happened in Chicago too, which is why they're shocked at how well Denver is doing, but no one knows why since it surely can't be Orton.

That's also why Denver fans were so sure we'd go 1-5 to open the season. Now they're shocked and can't figure out why, because it surely can't be Orton.

Nah, a lot of people give the credit for those plays solely to the receiver when it comes to Orton. They wouldn't if it were Brady, Manning or Cutler, but it's Orton so the credit goes elsewhere.

Then they're surprised.

That's okay. I don't think Orton minds surprising people. He's been doing it his entire life.
                  Fair enough. You got me there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X