Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    oh i thought you were still 12.

and no i dont think that about young people. but i do think that you know nothing.
    How about you actually contribute a point of argument instead of just laying down personal attacks?

Furthermore, if you actually read the wording of your posts, your logic is that because you thought I was 12, I would know nothing. And the fact that you failed to factor in time forces me to question how much you actually know.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
      We were 16th in points scored last year.

Just sayin.
      11th in offensive scoring, with a bottom five special teams, bottom 3 defense, and 7 RBs on IR. Last years offense got worn down by the injuries, and the overall poor team play. It wasnt perfect, but, it was pretty darn good.

This years offense so far has not been great. Theyve done what they needed to, but, its been barely enough now in two games.

The O line didnt look great in pass protection (second game now with Hochstein that there has been significant pressure on the QB), Kyle wasnt very accurate most of the game. Weve still got quite a bit of work to do on the offensive side of the ball, and on the return side of special teams.

Luckily, weve got a defense that is looking legit enough to make up for most of our offensive shortcomings.
      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Ok, so that's one pass.

What I said was stupid was that you said YAC shouldn't count for Orton. YAC counts for every QB.

This thread is hilarious, now that he's winning, which people said he couldn't do, now everyone is on his ass because he's not the mad bomber.
        I would agree. Will no one ever be satisfied? Personally I'm pleased with where we are at 4 games into the season. Offensively we are VERY efficient. I don't care if KO has 1 or 50 passes 20 or 30+ yards downfield. In the end a team doesn't make the playoffs based on 99.9% of stats. The one stat that matters is W-L. Nothing more. We are winning AS A TEAM. That is how it should be. And yesterday KO showed that he could move this team down the field at the end of a game when it mattered.

I do agree that the offense has to get better if we are going to make a run, but that won't hinge on our ability to air it out. It will come down to consistency and efficiency. When our red zone offense improves and we stop shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties we should be just fine.

Basically my message to Bronco Nation is this:
        QUIT PICKING KO APART!!!! I'M HAPPIER NOW WITH OUR QB SITUATION THAN I HAVE BEEN IN A LONG TIME. WE ARE WINNING AND IN THE END, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!! :go: :orton: :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Bahshay View Post
          I never said he was good at that. Its not his style. The difference is you are saying he sucks, and I'm saying he is running a system.
          Then we agree. Orton doesn't suck, but he ain't all that either. He is what he is, a guy that wont make the big mistake to hurt his team.

By the way, I don't recall ever saying he outright sucks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post
            No I would be saying the exact same thing... We were down by 3. It was a dumb call
            It was close enough - take the points.

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
              going back to your original criticism, we get yards but not points. we were #2 in yards last season, but #16 in points. not so good. (chicago was #14 in points)

you're pointing out how much you want a QB change. we get it. unfortunately, some of us fans like winning real games more than winning fantasy games
              Keep in mind, last years #2 and #16 ranking last year, are better in both categories last year, than so far this year. We gained more yards, and scored more points. Might that change? Sure it can, its only 4 weeks in.

But that doesn't change those facts as they stand today.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16 View Post
                I said nowhere in my posts that I wanted a QB change. Just saying.

I definetly was wrong about last year's offense if that's the case. I definetly recall us scoring some major points last year, but even if that's the case, it feels like last year's offense was scoring more PPG than this team is right now. The injuries to 7 RBs must be taken into account as well.

But I love how you like to disregard other points I make in your response, and just take one portion of my quote. Nice.
                We did score more. But it is still early in the season. Our current offensive output can change drastically as the season goes on.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree we have the potential to do better, and I truly hope we do. But our offense's inability to score has been quite frustrating.
                  At 4-0, I don't know how much more of this frustration I can take.

Comment

Lies. We had plenty of offensive opportunities with decent field positions.

We had drives that started on our 30, 20, 21, 37, 25, and 27 yesterday. That's decent. And on drives we started in bad field position, we couldn't get ANYTHING done at all. That's not a sign of a great offense. Teams with great offenses can actually drive down the field and score even at bad field position.
                    Not unless they are up against good defenses - which is true of Dallas is it not?

Comment

Offense always ...

... takes longer to gel and get in synch than D.

New system, new backfield, new playcaller.

Orton hasn't received enough credit for playing through this injury. I'll bet it has bonded him with the O-Line. They respect stoicism.

This offense is a work in progress which will continue to morph and unfold as the games go by.

McDaniels and Nolan both have great playbooks and know how to prep their players. They are assisted by one of the best group of coaches I've ever seen in Denver.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
                        "If deece is torture, chain me to da wall!"

Comment

I can see our offense being like the Ravens last year, but even better than that. The Ravens last year was very slow in the first five or six games in the season, then they just turned it on to a whole new level towards the end of the season. Why? Because Joe Flacco progressed immensely as the season went on.

And we have seen what they have done offensively this year thus far along with a very good defense (although not great like last year with Rex Ryan).

In a sense, with a new system, (a complex one at that), the entire players offensively are "rookies" and as the season goes on, they can only get better with more offense being gathered into the players' heads, and McDaniels should become better in terms of playcalling at the right times.

With amount of talent we have, we can become scary good as the season goes on. We have a slow start with this new system as expected. Though I like what I see from the running game however. The passing game I think will start to open up more.
                          Last edited by Da Broncos Time; 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM.
                          Quarterback change is NEEDED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Broncos Time View Post
                            I can see our offense being like the Ravens last year, but even better than that. The Ravens last year was very slow in the first five or six games in the season, then they just turned it on to a whole new level towards the end of the season. Why? Because Joe Flacco progressed immensely as the season went on.

And we have seen what they have done offensively this year thus far along with a very good defense (although not great like last year with Rex Ryan).

In a sense, with a new system, (a complex one at that), the entire players offensively are "rookies" and as the season goes on, they can only get better with more offense being gathered into the players' heads, and McDaniels should become better in terms of playcalling at the right times.

With amount of talent we have, we can become scary good as the season goes on. We have a slow start with this new system as expected. Though I like what I see from the running game however. The passing game I think will start to open up more.
                            The difference is, Joe has the potential to be a great quarterback. Orton's job will always be to just not lose the game.
                            sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post

I'm quite happy and pumped that we're 4-0, I'm just concerned for when we play the better teams down the stretch this season.

And BTW, Dallas is currently 26th ranked defensively...by reputation Dallas is a real good team, but they don't look amazing this year. It definetly was a big win though and does wonder for our team's confidence.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
                                The difference is, Joe has the potential to be a great quarterback. Orton's job will always be to just not lose the game.
                                orton has no potential at age 26 (and injured)? i love that that fact is set in stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X